Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I initially tried it without one, it laid oddly, because at that size material just doesn't behave the same way as its 1/1 scale counterpart. Here's an older (really dark) pic of mine with the wire:

DSC_02682_zps49439939.jpg

Still not exactly perfect, but. . .

When I initially tried it without one, it laid oddly, because at that size material just doesn't behave the same way as its 1/1 scale counterpart. Here's an older (really dark) pic of mine with the wire:

Still not exactly perfect, but. . .

Looks great, you and many others in this thread have inspired me to make my own Venkman.

Where did you source the belts and boots?

Last edited:
Here's a pic that captures the realism of the sculpt...and also note how different lighting drastically changes how the color of the suit is perceived...I think Mattel got the color right after all.
20140513_082300.jpg

20140513_082131.jpg

Looks good there. Can you futz the neck to give him a more natural pose? Also, you may consider getting Evilface to do some stand decals. They will look equivalent to the Hot Toys ones, and just stick right over the stock stand like you have.

Looks great, you and many others in this thread have inspired me to make my own Venkman.

Where did you source the belts and boots?
Awesome to hear it. My belts were cloth gun belts, from DID I think. The boots I used were Newline Fallschirmjager jump boots. They don't have the zippers on the side, but are about the right size and shape IMO.

Here's a pic that captures the realism of the sculpt...and also note how different lighting drastically changes how the color of the suit is perceived...I think Mattel got the color right after all.

I think they got it close but not perfect. In many lights they looked way too bright to me, which is why I gave them a very light dye job. There really is no truly realistic answer on it since the suits look khakis in press stills, but on film they look grayish. I went with the color that looked more like on-screen.

Here is an interesting article on the matter.

https://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Flight_Suit
320px-237_1325846303.jpg

Looks good there. Can you futz the neck to give him a more natural pose? Also, you may consider getting Evilface to do some stand decals. They will look equivalent to the Hot Toys ones, and just stick right over the stock stand like you have.

The neck on the matty doesn't move as it is part of the body sculpt

%24T2eC16N%2C%21w0FI%2CD--vt5BSNT%21oRS7Q%7E%7E60_35.jpg

Looking for Mattel 12 inch Peter Venkman GB jumpsuit and proton pack , PM.

Your best bet would be to buy the Matty figure…. it has all you will need. It is on Amazon for $70.

The neck on the matty doesn't move as it is part of the body sculpt

%24T2eC16N%2C%21w0FI%2CD--vt5BSNT%21oRS7Q%7E%7E60_35.jpg

Man you totally do that head justice and put it on a Truetype or comparable! You won't regret it and the mods to do it would take a half hour at the most.

Karamazov is right, Evilface base decals are definitely the way to go. I got a whole bunch of Ghostbuster logo decals for my bases.

Yeah, I wouldn't be too put off with those mods. The wrist peg seems like the toughest thing for you, but that's a pretty simple deal. And if you did, it would look way better IMO, even with the stock Matty boots and jumpsuit.

I would go with one of these bodies, which are pretty cheap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-1-6...0831?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ac362c84f

That is the best option right there! For the gloves I just soaked them in warm water, then pulled out the mattel pegs. Then I took the hand pegs that came with the body and just glued them right in there. I recommend using something like Krazy Glue... the kind that comes with a brush so you can really get it all in there. You still can rotate the hands that way, and they would still be removable from the body.

Yup those knock offs are decent bodys, id go for one of those and just use the mattel jumpsuits, pack, gloves etc.

really looking forward to finishing mine, just waiting on mando's pads arrive

Yeah, I wouldn't be too put off with those mods. The wrist peg seems like the toughest thing for you, but that's a pretty simple deal. And if you did, it would look way better IMO, even with the stock Matty boots and jumpsuit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-1-6...0831?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ac362c84f

I had the same trouble originally mate, im in the uk too and the ppl i bought mine off wouldnt ship the big boxes to uk..so i struck a deal and had them ship the figures with accessories without the boxes! i got them to use for the customs anyway so the packaging wasnt important to me, ialready have a set in the boxes anyway so just wanted another set to use for the parts.

See the thing is they don't send to the UK, and I can't find one under $150. It's pretty extinct in the UK.

I had the same trouble originally mate, im in the uk too and the ppl i bought mine off wouldnt ship the big boxes to uk..so i struck a deal and had them ship the figures with accessories without the boxes! i got them to use for the customs anyway so the packaging wasnt important to me, ialready have a set in the boxes anyway so just wanted another set to use for the parts.

True, I'm going to email the seller and see if there willing to do that same. Thanks for the tip bud.

I think I might have to just pull the trigger on one of those custom 1/6 narrow shoulder bodies - it's just too cheap to pass up.

I think I might have to just pull the trigger on one of those custom 1/6 narrow shoulder bodies - it's just too cheap to pass up.

I experience with all sorts of secondary bodies, they work extremely well. Why pay for an expensive Truetype when the whole thing is covered by clothing anyways? As long as the joints are sturdy (which they are on the mentioned body) its all good to go.

The only thing I forewarn is take the boots off your matty body slowly.... sometimes the feet get stuck in there. But even if they get stuck, its nothing soaking in hot water and a pair of pliers can't fix.

I experience with all sorts of secondary bodies, they work extremely well. Why pay for an expensive Truetype when the whole thing is covered by clothing anyways? As long as the joints are sturdy (which they are on the mentioned body) its all good to go.

The only thing I forewarn is take the boots off your matty body slowly.... sometimes the feet get stuck in there. But even if they get stuck, its nothing soaking in hot water and a pair of pliers can't fix.

Noted...On a sidenote, I feel like I'm beating a horse that's probably been killed numerous times...what if Hot Toys somehow acquired the Ghostbusters license? How quick would you guys bail from your customs? I'm mid-bail just thinking about the sheer awesomeness.

Noted...On a sidenote, I feel like I'm beating a horse that's probably been killed numerous times...what if Hot Toys somehow acquired the Ghostbusters license? How quick would you guys bail from your customs? I'm mid-bail just thinking about the sheer awesomeness.

I made the customs under the notion that I firmly believe it will not happen. Would I bail on my customs? Maybe. The likely situation would be that I would buy the Hot Toys version and mix and match parts. OR convert my customs into Ghostbusters 2 versions. So many options really.

Back