Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes very easy.
Just take the pack off the rig. It is held on with 2 pegs.
Then undo the bottom 3 screws and you can ease the proton pack back off.
Then you can get the hose out, as it has a plug on the end.
Then cut about 2 inchs off the length.
You can adjust the length by putting some of the hose in the backpack and it will hold in place fine.
I’ll put some pics up to show better:)
IMG_20131110_105413_zps4d81c101.jpg

Ease it gently off by hand. You can undo all the screws but I wouldn’t as it might be a pig and fall apart.
So just do the bottom 3 and use the hose to gently open the back pannel enough to wget the plug out.

IMG_20131110_105609_zpsbe0992a4.jpg

Then you can chop the peg and excess off.

IMG_20131109_185845_zpsd45bf4c6.jpg

Adjust to what length you want. The cut end of the hose will hold in place fine no meed to reattach the plug really.

Put back together. Just be carefull of the button for the lights as it will fall out if you tip the pack while open.

IMG_20131110_105659_zps98fef64c.jpg

I'm going to try this on mine. I prefer this over tying it in a roll.

Thanks for the tutorial.

My figures are coming along! I need to find proper Web Belts to replace the plastic ones, but I can live with them in the meantime.... now I just need heads! I put special care into making Egon a little taller, and different bellies on Venkman and Stantz to give them their proper look.

IMG_6001.JPG

Great work...lovethe detail to the height..makes a difference.what bodys are you using for these and did you use the longer foot pegs for egon then?

My figures are coming along! I need to find proper Web Belts to replace the plastic ones, but I can live with them in the meantime.... now I just need heads! I put special care into making Egon a little taller, and different bellies on Venkman and Stantz to give them their proper look.

View attachment 106361

Great work...lovethe detail to the height..makes a difference.what bodys are you using for these and did you use the longer foot pegs for egon then?

I used Kumik slim bodies. The quality is far less than a truetype, but with the same poseabiity. For a project like this, it makes me far braver to try things. For some reason in the photo the Stantz body looks super tall but its not. I padded the bodies using tape and cloth. The egon body is the only one I did a height mod on, and it was super easy.

Since the kumik bodies are cheaper, I was able to pull the calf / foot out of the knee joint. There is a long shaft there so you can extend the leg. I then glued it at that length to keep it that way. It was super easy and did not require any new pegs! I can try to take a picture if you would like.

Here is a picture of what I did to the knee to get extra height. It holds without needing to be glued, but I glued it anyways. I just pulled the calf piece out of the knee joint. Inside of there is a long peg holding it in. This piece has some give in regards to height. Then I put glue in for safety sake. Its a very easy mod and cost nothing! No expensive hard to find ankle pegs or anything. I don't know if this works on Truetypes, but worked just fine on the Kumik.

photo.JPG

ah right i see, thats cool..good work. im using truetypes for mine so dont think im going to go that route...i found some long ankle pegs for egon so i might grab some and try them, see how much taller they make him..just needs to be a little bit taller, not too much though.

ive also padded my ray, ive used a small sponged that ive cut up and shaped it to the stomach. looks pretty good so far.

are those mandos elbow pads too?? im still waiting on mine to arrive..hopefully soon :)

Here is a picture of what I did to the knee to get extra height. It holds without needing to be glued, but I glued it anyways. I just pulled the calf piece out of the knee joint. Inside of there is a long peg holding it in. This piece has some give in regards to height. Then I put glue in for safety sake. Its a very easy mod and cost nothing! No expensive hard to find ankle pegs or anything. I don't know if this works on Truetypes, but worked just fine on the Kumik.

View attachment 106487

Yup! They are Mando's pads. It's a shame the actual pads are not visible in many poses, because Mando did an amazing job on them. It really makes a drastic difference. I just had to cut elastic and add the black accent. I attempted to cut the elastic with a taper, but it frayed too much, so I cut them straight. You may be able to do the knee trick with a truetype, but a long peg would do the trick. What are you using for suits?

Cool, i hear good things about his elbow pads,i bought some white elastic that i will paint grey with watered down acrylic and do the black markings on them. any chance of posting a photo of your pads on the figures? i agree though, they look like they make a massive difference! hope its not too much longer until mine arrive, excited.

yeah i was just going to buya pair of longer ankle pegs for a truetype, save messing around with the truetype legs 2bh.

I actually used the mattel suits, dyed them with rit pearl grey...ill figure out how to post photos..lol

Yup! They are Mando's pads. It's a shame the actual pads are not visible in many poses, because Mando did an amazing job on them. It really makes a drastic difference. I just had to cut elastic and add the black accent. I attempted to cut the elastic with a taper, but it frayed too much, so I cut them straight. You may be able to do the knee trick with a truetype, but a long peg would do the trick. What are you using for suits?

Cool, i hear good things about his elbow pads,i bought some white elastic that i will paint grey with watered down acrylic and do the black markings on them. any chance of posting a photo of your pads on the figures? i agree though, they look like they make a massive difference! hope its not too much longer until mine arrive, excited.

yeah i was just going to buya pair of longer ankle pegs for a truetype, save messing around with the truetype legs 2bh.

I actually used the mattel suits, dyed them with rit pearl grey...ill figure out how to post photos..lol

Might I recommend buying gray elastic? I purchased some on Amazon and it worked beautifully without any need for dying.

I also took the mattel suits and dyed with RIT pearl Gray, between the dye and the suits getting wet, it really made these "cheap" mattel suits look amazing.

I've actually n0thing to contribute - just loving the work you guys are putting in (and showing us too) - very cool thread! (I'm 'scribed)...

Even if you didn't have the nametapes on the overalls - its very clear which is which with the emphasis on body shapes you show - love it so far!

B-)

Thanks for the compliment! It is a lot of fun working on these. I would not have even taken the plunge into doing it if so many people here had not already figured a lot of the process out! So thanks guys for all your steps and tricks!

Ive not seen any grey elastic? i bought white originally thinking of using grey acrylic to paint colour them the correct colour. did you find the pads easy enough to attach to the elastic and put onto the arms?

and are the zips on the boots just drawn on with silver pen? thats the last detail i need to add

yeah once the mattel suits are dyed darker and more like the movie, they look SOOOO much better!! its unreal how much a difference it makes to the outfit.

Might I recommend buying gray elastic? I purchased some on Amazon and it worked beautifully without any need for dying.

I also took the mattel suits and dyed with RIT pearl Gray, between the dye and the suits getting wet, it really made these "cheap" mattel suits look amazing.

Thanks for the compliment! It is a lot of fun working on these. I would not have even taken the plunge into doing it if so many people here had not already figured a lot of the process out! So thanks guys for all your steps and tricks!

Ive not seen any grey elastic? i bought white originally thinking of using grey acrylic to paint colour them the correct colour. did you find the pads easy enough to attach to the elastic and put onto the arms?

and are the zips on the boots just drawn on with silver pen? thats the last detail i need to add

yeah once the mattel suits are dyed darker and more like the movie, they look SOOOO much better!! its unreal how much a difference it makes to the outfit.

I bought the gray elastic off Amazon and cut to size. I still may have cut it too thick but I can fix it. I used krazy glue to attach the elastic to the pads and it worked flawlessly. It stuck immediately and has a really strong hold. It made it super easy to attach. You can find that here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WDTX5G/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The boot zippers I am experimenting with. At Michaels craft store I found 8x11" sheets of silver Duck tape attached to a paper backing. What is interesting about it is that it looks like a zipper texture. I cut it super thin and stuck it to the side of the boots, it looks pretty nice. It doesn't stick super well so I may glue them once I am happy. I thought about drawing on with a silver pen, but I don't know if I would be happy with the result.

Yeah il lhave a look at that grey elastic..i already bought the white a while back when i ordered mandos pads so would be a waste to not use those really..and 2bh dying them or painting them up with acrylic aint gonna be too much of a job really.

yeah i want to sort out the boots aswel myself and get some zippers on them. i am going to go through some ideas and ill put the zippers on last most likely.

also need to shorten the proton pack hose but that seems easier to do then i expected which is a relief

I bought the gray elastic off Amazon and cut to size. I still may have cut it too thick but I can fix it. I used krazy glue to attach the elastic to the pads and it worked flawlessly. It stuck immediately and has a really strong hold. It made it super easy to attach. You can find that here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007WDTX5G/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The boot zippers I am experimenting with. At Michaels craft store I found 8x11" sheets of silver Duck tape attached to a paper backing. What is interesting about it is that it looks like a zipper texture. I cut it super thin and stuck it to the side of the boots, it looks pretty nice. It doesn't stick super well so I may glue them once I am happy. I thought about drawing on with a silver pen, but I don't know if I would be happy with the result.

I'm also interested in some 1/6 scale reading material! I painted white elastic with watered down gray paint, but that gray elastic may do the trick just fine.

Shortening the hose is really easy, even if you don't want to cut it off (I didn't). You just need a screwdriver.

thats good to hear! thanks, ill do the hose mod later...my set are getting there..looking forward to seeing the 1/6 scale reading material too to display with the figures

I'm also interested in some 1/6 scale reading material! I painted white elastic with watered down gray paint, but that gray elastic may do the trick just fine.

Shortening the hose is really easy, even if you don't want to cut it off (I didn't). You just need a screwdriver.

Back