Ghostbusters 1/6 scale Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup...I'm lovin' it and Mandos pads made a big difference IMO....recently threw NECA slimer in for a newer pic.
20140509_082805.jpg

I actually just bought the NECA slimer head knocker. it makes a really nice stand in! It might be just a hair on the big side, but it looks spectacular. I will post pics later! I took him off the stand it comes with and put him on a clear medicos stand that I wasn't using.

Would love to see a pic. I was thinking about getting the other busters, but I just haven't seen good enough sculpts to replace the atrocious Matty ones.

None have been up to the accuracy on close inspection as the Snyder-man sculpt. But maybe I'll give them another look if there have been updates since I looked last which was over a year ago.

I gotta say that there is another level of realism with Snyder-man's (not to take anything away from Rocco's work) If I were to purchase one of Rocco's sculpts it would probably have to be Spengler. For me I need to be able to look at the sculpt and know who it is instantly (without costume or context).

I gotta say that there is another level of realism with Snyder-man's (not to take anything away from Rocco's work) If I were to purchase one of Rocco's sculpts it would probably have to be Spengler. For me I need to be able to look at the sculpt and know who it is instantly (without costume or context).

All sculpts that I have seen are leaps and bounds above the mattel stock heads. Its all about what stylistic approach you want to take with the characters.

I had an email exchange with Snyder-man's mold maker earlier this week. They just finished thier commitment to Robot Chicken season 7 and are finishing a project for the Discovery Channel. He assured me that new sculpts were coming, including Ghostbusters.

photo 1.JPG

Sorry for the mess in the background, but it is my working area haha. This is the NECA Slimer Headknocker with my soon to be Egon. I think the scale is pretty decent. It is so hard to tell because in GB1 he looked kind of small, but in GB 2 he was huge and driving a bus. He was never really consistent. I think it is a really good budget option. I am going to swap out the Hot Toys stand he is on for a clear medicom stand once I cut the plastic rod down.

I had an email exchange with Snyder-man's mold maker earlier this week. They just finished thier commitment to Robot Chicken season 7 and are finishing a project for the Discovery Channel. He assured me that new sculpts were coming, including Ghostbusters.
I think you are the one who also said this was happening around a year ago? Will be nice if it pans out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Im just waiting for my mando pads to arrive actually, they been sent to hopefully be here soon. Ive got ray together so need to dress all the others and do all the futzing to them before i add the heads.

Head wise, im also using snydermans bill murray for my venkman, without a doubt the best one ive seen too! Im using Roccos egon and ray and Spensers winston. I chose my favorites from the available sculpts so thats why im mixing them up really.

Ive also spoken to snyderman about new sculpts coming out, and he also mentioned some new ghostbusters ones to me so im VERY open to getting those too, especially if they are at the quality of the bill murray sculpt! If the new gb heads by snyderman are anything like the bill murray then i will most likely get them and replace the heads i already have!

I think you are the one who also said this was happening around a year ago? Will be nice if it pans out, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh I don't blame you. Just sharing what information I have. I have been waiting on some things they promised a lot longer than a year ago. Still waiting for Scully and Muldar they said they would do a few years back. My experience has been that whatever they decide to do is worth the wait. Others may not agree.

I agree, when i speak to him ive been told how busy they have been with robot chicken etc but not thats done for a while hopefully those planned sculpts will happen..but i agree, will be worth the wait..i have their bill murray and alien 1 version of signourney weaver..in hand they are amazing sculpts! so that alone makes me excited to see what they do with the other ghostbusters :)

Oh I don't blame you. Just sharing what information I have. I have been waiting on some things they promised a lot longer than a year ago. Still waiting for Scully and Muldar they said they would do a few years back. My experience has been that whatever they decide to do is worth the wait. Others may not agree.

Back