GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Joecon was pretty much full of win. Lots of ARAH goodness, and most of the non-ARAH stuff was pretty neat too.

lifeline w/ a weapon? wtf?

lifeline.jpg

Lifeline came with a silver handgun, a silver backpack, a white medical case, and a black airmask.

lifeline w/ a weapon? wtf? these look great though...i'm looking at you sci-fi. haven't had a chance to watch renegades yet but i want that stormashadow. i dig the 2nd headsculpt.

That's what I thought, too.

Yup, I remember the figure with his sidearm. Still, the sidearm is not as puzzling as the assault rifle with the undermounted grenade launcher.

well, the grenade launcher COULD be used to fire smoke or flares.
As for the rifle, Medic and pacifist or not, he COULD still use it to bluff if he needed too.

Assault rifle's mag probably loaded with "non-lethal" rubber bullets / baton rounds. :wink1:

lol, yeah, good point. his silver pistol was always a head scratcher even as a kid though. too influenced by that special missions comic with him and the october guard i guess. his figure was goofy looking but i was still a fan.

Last edited:

pretty stoked about some of these new figures though. lots of good looking stuff coming out. joes have all but dired up at the walmarts and targets that i normally shop. a couple of the walmarts don't even have pegs for them anymore. still want to pick up an extra lowlight.

Meh, the whole pacifist thing with Lifeline is a bit overblown.

I kind of like the idea of him being SORT OF a pacifist - in that he struggles with the idea of having to kill someone, but will do it anyway, for the greater good. He IS a soldier, after all, even if he is a medic/pararescuer. But maybe the assault rifle/grenade launcher is a bit of overkill. I'll be displaying him without it, probably.

I don't put too much stock in the cartoon. They oversimplify things like that!

lol, yeah, good point. his silver pistol was always a head scratcher even as a kid though. too influenced by that special missions comic with him and the october guard i guess. his figure was goofy looking but i was still a fan.

I loved his design and colors, and think Sideshow will be offering him.

As for being a pacifist and having a sidearm, he still has to defend himself. :lol Doc has a sidearm as well.

I kind of like the idea of him being SORT OF a pacifist - in that he struggles with the idea of having to kill someone, but will do it anyway, for the greater good. He IS a soldier, after all, even if he is a medic/pararescuer. But maybe the assault rifle/grenade launcher is a bit of overkill. I'll be displaying him without it, probably.

:lecture the original figure had a gun...who cares that he comes with one...will be adding this classic figure to my "25th" collection along with crazy legs,Zarana,Sci-fi,Airtight,and Techo-viper
hopefully the upcoming 2 -7 packs are dreadknocks (zandar,thrasher,roadpig,Zanzibar etc)

Maybe he shoots to mame, not kill. Like just the knee caps? I gotta give it up to Hasbro, these figures look great. Renegades (RIP) are bought fo show!

I loved his design and colors, and think Sideshow will be offering him.

man, i hope so. he was always one of my favorites. used him for everything when i was a kid...pilot, commanding officer, spy (even w/ the bright red jump suit).

Back