GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Yay! I had the original Spirit. I'd love to get him again! I had the Wild Bill and his helcopter the "Dragonfly" I think? It was cool too. So I'd love to get these. I am not too big into that Snake Eyes. I tend to like the more basic stripped-down original one myself. I got the 25th ann. figure for him.

I saw those G.I. Joe two-packs at Target tonight Jeff ("die"). I really want to get all of them especially the one with Snake Eyes VS Storm Shadow! I want to get the mail-in exclusive Doc figure too. Used to have him back in the day too.

I prefer the bigger 12" or 1:6 scale figures, but I still have a place in my heart and my collection for the 3 3/4" Joes and Star Wars figures! :D

I personallly love where the line has gone so far and where it's going this year. Although I do wsh they'd included the Hiss driver with his tank, and that they were black Hiss tanks instead of blue.
This is a shot a took a few weeks back spolighting some of the Cobras.

wellprotected.jpg

SS seriously needs to get into making GIJOE Collectables... of course.. there is probably too many characters to do, so I'll sum it up for them...

Joes=
Duke
Scarlet
Snakeyes
Roadblock
Gungho
Spirit
Tunnle Rat

Cobras=
Stomshadow
Firefly
Zartan
Buzzer,Ripper and Torch
Destro
Baraness
Cobra Comander
Cobra Troops
:D

I personallly love where the line has gone so far and where it's going this year. Although I do wsh they'd included the Hiss driver with his tank, and that they were black Hiss tanks instead of blue.
This is a shot a took a few weeks back spolighting some of the Cobras.

wellprotected.jpg

Cool Stairway display, Is that from the "Matrix"?

Wild Bill and Spirit look cool.

Any pics of Major Blood yet?

Ok, a little late to the party, AND these are hard to find where I am. So far I only have Lady Jaye, Hooded Cobra Commando, Shipwreck and white and gray Storm Shadow. Here's what Im wondering:

Is there a list of all the figures released thus far?
What are the "iconic" or non variant versions of each figure?

I was born in 85 so I got the Joe reissue figures so I'm not sure what ones are classic but I'm fairly sure that my Storm Shadow is a variant.

Ok, a little late to the party, AND these are hard to find where I am. So far I only have Lady Jaye, Hooded Cobra Commando, Shipwreck and white and gray Storm Shadow. Here's what Im wondering:

I was born in 85 so I got the Joe reissue figures so I'm not sure what ones are classic but I'm fairly sure that my Storm Shadow is a variant.

GI Joe figures are not really classified under "variants" but by versions. Mostly because the other versions were commonly new "designs" of the same character.

The original Storm Shadow v1 was released in 1984 (and the 25th version was released in the Cobra 5-Pack and in Wave 4)...the Storm Shadow reissue you're talking about is a remake of Storm Shadow v2 released originally released in 1988.

Just as the light blue faceplate Cobra Commander is a remake of Cobra Commander v1 and the Hooded dark blue one you have is a remake of Cobra Commander v2.

A good reference site for all the information and images of the figures is https://www.yojoe.com

But are there archives or lists for 25th Anniversary Figures? Those are the ones Im talking about :lol I see there's two different Timbers with Snake Eyes and was wondering which is which, so on and so on.

The 25th Anniversary figures do have some Variants...

Like you mentioned, the Snake Eyes v2 has two Timbers...the gray one is the regular, the black one is the variant. I believe Shipwreck has two different tattoos on his arms (a shark version and an anchor version) but I am unfamiliar which is the regular and which is the variant.

Like I said, look through YoJoe.com, they archive figures by year released:
https://www.yojoe.com/action/07/

You can also go here. I once saw a comprehensive list for the 25th in one of the forums.
www.hisstank.com

I got the new 2-pack for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow at Wal-Mart today. They only had one each of that one, the one with Scarlett and Hawk, and one with Duke and Cobra Commader (helmet version). I opened it carefully when I got home to check out the offer for the mail-in "Doc" figure. It'll end up basically costing almost $65.00! Yep, you have to mail in six stickers that you get from purchasing SIX of the figure 2-packs. So that is roughly about $60.00 before tax. Add in the $4.50 shipping fee, so the grand total for the "Doc" figure is about $64.50 before tax. Probably about $68.00 to $70.00 depending on where you live and how much your sales tax is there. Here in Slidell, LA where I live our sales tax is high at 8.75%!

I think "Doc" is a cool character...but WoW! He's gonna cost somwhere close to $70.00? :confused: The offer for him must be postmarked by the end of August this year. I hope to get him. But man, it may take me a while to find...much less buy...six of the figure 2-packs!

I got the new 2-pack for Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow at Wal-Mart today. They only had one each of that one, the one with Scarlett and Hawk, and one with Duke and Cobra Commader (helmet version). I opened it carefully when I got home to check out the offer for the mail-in "Doc" figure. It'll end up basically costing almost $65.00! Yep, you have to mail in six stickers that you get from purchasing SIX of the figure 2-packs. So that is roughly about $60.00 before tax. Add in the $4.50 shipping fee, so the grand total for the "Doc" figure is about $64.50 before tax. Probably about $68.00 to $70.00 depending on where you live and how much your sales tax is there. Here in Slidell, LA where I live our sales tax is high at 8.75%!

I think "Doc" is a cool character...but WoW! He's gonna cost somwhere close to $70.00? :confused: The offer for him must be postmarked by the end of August this year. I hope to get him. But man, it may take me a while to find...much less buy...six of the figure 2-packs!

Must be why I've seen posts about people finding the comic packs with the Doc offer removed from the package. :monkey4

Caught up on all that I need except Flint. Would like Doc, but am not buying those comic packs for him.

I really hope they release the full cartoon series on DVD. Rhino Productions ended the run before completing season 2 and the out of print boxed sets are selling for up to $80 each *half* season. Hopefully the upcoming movie will grease the wheels to see a full rerelease (even though the TF movie didn't.)

Well I think I got a pretty good deal on eBay last night. Since the figures are hard to find around me I bit the bullet and for less than $60 shipped I snagged Duke, Scarlet, Destro, Helmet Cobra Commander, Cobra Air Trooper, Cobra Storm Shadow, Roadblock and Gung Ho.

I really hope they release the full cartoon series on DVD. Rhino Productions ended the run before completing season 2 and the out of print boxed sets are selling for up to $80 each *half* season. Hopefully the upcoming movie will grease the wheels to see a full rerelease (even though the TF movie didn't.)

They are worth some $$. I sold my Mass Device, Season 1p1/p2 adn season 2 p1 for almost $500 :lol

Hope the next set has the correct opening credits and are COMPLETE.

Must be why I've seen posts about people finding the comic packs with the Doc offer removed from the package. :monkey4

I didn't see any opened on the shelf at my Target. So that is the case huh? Yeah, well since people are going to end up paying $60.00 to $70.00 for the mail-in Doc figure...I could see why. But me, I'll stick with doing it the legal way and buying the five other two packs I need to fulfill the redemption. :D

Last edited:

Anyone has some nice pics of the Zartan figure??

Back