GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

3 New Comic two packs, Tomax and Xamot!!!
https://www.hasbro.com/gijoe/default.cfm?page=News/Item&newsid=C4ABDB0E-D56F-E112-46414273288208ED
Circus_sm.jpg

Silence_sm.jpg

Spring_sm.jpg

Here's a larger pic of Tomax & Xamot:
00vr7.jpg

All three look fantastic, though I'm not liking the return of day-glo weapons on Storm Shadow. WTF? Still I like the variant.
At least we finally get a compound bow.
And hey they're giving us Scar-Face!

Last edited:

Park is perfect to play Snake Eyes. I just wonder who will play Storm Shadow. Hopefully someone with real martial arts skill and not a 'big' name. Luckily, Park fufills both to a certain extent.

I'm just hoping this film means I'll finally get at least a 1/6 Snakes Eyes and Storm Shadow...

Those Twins look great, way better than the originals. Crimson Guard and Scarface are nice too.

SE/SE look lame, passsssss.

Strange how the Crimson Guard seems to be armed with a bolt action rifle in the picture, like an old Lee-Enfield. Cobra budget cuts?:lol

isnt that storm Shadow really Zartan in disguise ??? Cause thats the way Zartan was dressed when he killed the Hardmaster.But Zartan never had the Arakhisage (spell?) clan tatoo on his arm, so I guess it must really be Storm shadow.

Wild Weasal!!! Boy, they've got a ton of figures coming out!

I just wish I could find the ones already released!:monkey2

Anybody score Wave 5 yet? Hearing these are hitting Walmarts now or some of them.

Tonight at Wallyworld I picked up Roadblock, Box Set Snake Eyes, Flash, Snowjob, Crimson Guard and IG Destro.

Still no signs of waves 4 or 5 near me. Hasbro still hasn't kept their word about increase demands with more stock...

The first of the comic packs have shown up in stores. I picked up the Hawk pack since it's the only one that has a new character. There weren't many of the Hawk packs left, more of Storm Shadow/Snake Eyes and Duke/Cobra Commander. I'm not sure if it's short packed in the wave or just wanted more by buyers.
Hawk looks great. Finally a Joe with a TV series Blaster rifle!

I also completed series 1, 2, & 3 with a series 2 Cobra Trooper I picked up along with the comic pack. I also got the Joe 5 pack I got from Walmart.com for $15. I just need the two Cobra 5 packs to be all caught up.

I gotta get the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow pack. Isn't that one from "Silent Interlude"?

I gotta get the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow pack. Isn't that one from "Silent Interlude"?
Yep, Snake Eyes is dark blue and Storm Shadow has Blue web gear. All the comic pack repaint figures are really brighter then they really should be. Hawk however looks like a normal figure and Snake Eyes is actually pretty cool in dark blue.

But it doesn't matter since you have to buy at least six comic packs in order to get a mail away Doc for $4.95. It also says that "All requests must be postmarked before August 31, 2008" for the mail away Doc offer.

Well, not many Joes down here in southeastern Louisiana. I'm in Slidell, LA near New Orleans. I check our two "super" Wal-Marts here a few times a week. The last figures I got were wave 2 Lady Jaye, Beachhead, Serpentor, and Duke. I had to leave the one Flint they had, and a few red COBRA ninjas. I just didn't have enough to get them...and that was almost a month ago. Maybe Target has more of the 25th anniversary G.I. Joes. Anyone find some at a Target near you? I haven't seen the two-packs yet, and still see a few of the COBRA and Joe 5-packs still for about $25.00 each.

I'd love to get that "mail-away" Doc figure. Reminds me so much of the "good old days" back in the 1980s when I was collecting them!

Last edited:

2 packs have shown up here, would like the Doc, but am only interested in single carded versions.

Lady Jay, Serpentor and Buzzer have been warming the pegs.

Haven't seen Wave 4 or 5 of the singles, or wave 2 of the comic packs. I'm out of this line (sold waves 1-3) already but I like to look at them!

None warming any pegs here. At least at the Wal-Marts. I'll check out our Target here soon.

Back