GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

ussflagg.jpg

WORD. :lecture

Had one.
Christmas gift.
Mom and dad didn't have that kind of cash, but they got it for me anyways.
It was sweet.

And my toy room in the basement was about 12 x 12.

My favorite vehicles were:
Hovercraft
Hydrofoil
the vehicle Thrasher came with
The Joe buggy
The cobra 4 wheeler ATV
I actually love the little cobra covert row boat
The Joe motorcycle.

Oh and I loved the Terror Dome.

I'm all over these! Nice work Hasbro! :rock

GIJoe-ToysDVDs2008.jpg

OH SNAP!!!!

There goes more moneys... :monkey2

Hot Toys, Sideshow, Medicom, Hasbro......stop putting out all this great stuff... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Hasbro, please...just cancel the 25th line and go back to Sigma Six so I don't spend all my money!!!

just kidding. :D

The 'Toon version of those figures look really good, especially Stalker.

Oh, and glad I dumped off my Rhino DVDs and made a big load of $$$ in doing so :chew

I'm going to lift my embargo on that V1 Snake Eyes figure just once to get the Mass Device set. That mini-series brings back a lot of memories, even in the 90's. After G.I. Joe was retired and replaced with Sgt.Savage in 94, I was feeling a little bummed because all of the magazines made it sound like we would never see Snakes and company again.

I was in a MacFrugals (precursor to Big Lots) one day, and they had a couple of Joe tapes from the 80's, one of them being the Mass Device. I think I wore it out back then, but the worse part was watching it and then wanting to go to the store and buy some Joes.

Just saw 25th Anniversary Serpentor in the store.
That thing is hideous compared to the one I had as a kid.
Freaking pitiful.
The one I had as a kid was awesome.
This is an embarassment.

Oh man...I really didn't want to start getting these but today I did start picking up a few of my old favorites as a kid and now I am getting addicted.

They are like plastic crack I tell ya'!

I need to find the Battle Armor Cobra Commander and the Snake-Eyes with Timber now!

p1000830ng6.jpg

p1000833ci4.jpg

p1000822sr6.jpg

p1000828kl9.jpg

Last edited:

Hasbro's new v1 Snake Eyes really does look fantastic. I can't wait to see SS's take on him.

Wave 7 just showed up on ebay. The new art for Duke looks decent but Wild Bill and HISS Driver look horrendous.

3cf0_1.JPG

73e0_1.JPG

0dfa_1.JPG

YESSSSSSS!!! I can't wait for the Snake Eyes v3 25th version!!!! :rock

This is a custom below, but I hope Hasbro does a "modern" Shipwreck like this one, it's his look in the Devil's Due comics.

shipiron011.jpg

Yea, that artwork is bad. Was Dave Dorman not available?

I've seen Dorman's name mentioned in the context of GI Joe before. The "Complete Guide To GI Joe" implies that he drew concepts for some of the figures. Is that the extent of his involvement or is some of the card art actually his work as well?

Since you guys seem pretty up on these...was the Snake Eyes with Timber out earlier in the series or will he still be able to be found in the stores currently?

Can anyone help hook a brother out?

Back