GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Went out a hunting today. Is stalker rare? He's the only one i was able to find besides serpentor ( HIs paint looked like balls, I'll wait for the one comming with his charriot, who knows, perhaps he'll be the retro design, but if not, I'd still rather have the sled) and LOADS of cobra troopers.
TBQH I don't even remember stalker from the TV show. I was more a child of the cartoon, so I'll be getting the ones i remember from the cartoon, an d the ones i had and loved as a kid.
Wish they would do more of the two-packs, And not just make them re-packs of existing figures, or re-paints. I'd not mind getting ahold of Doc.
Anywho, I got lucky, and found the Joe 5-pack launch set. gets me a comando snake-eyes, and a few others i watend ( Scarlet, Duke) So I'll keep looking for the visored version i guess.

There are TWO versions of Stalker. Both are the same figure/sculpt but Hasbro had a production run paint change. Maybe Sideshow should take some tips from them.

The initial release had a yellow outfit with green spots. This one is VERY rare and goes for a lot on eBay.

butt.jpg

Hasbro realized this mistake (who knows how it happened) and made a production running change and had the yellow changed to a light green. That is the most common Stalker.

The yellow is regarded as the Variant now. Alongside Black Timber SE and the Pimp Daddy Destros he's one of the most expensive of the new 25th Joes.

One i saw had a green jogging suit with, did not look like that banna man you just posted.
spent the whole day making the toy runs, found that 5-pack with the goofy singing thing.
Kinda neet.
i just want the ones i had as a kid/ Liked from the cartoon. Stalker dosn't make either list i guess. Must find Snake eyes with timber. What's the goin rate on him, if anyone knows, should i be forced to buy it off the evilbay?

Must find Snake eyes with timber. What's the goin rate on him, if anyone knows, should i be forced to buy it off the evilbay?

That Snake Eyes was in the first wave or two of figures that aren't in stores anymore. They are on Wave 5 or 6 right now I believe. You need to go to eBay to get him anymore.

Last edited:

I've been trying not to buy these but the nostalgia factor is starting to lure me.

that's what got my Kryat. I've lurking over on the 4chan /toy forum at work. And i saw The tomax and Xamot two-pack, and that was it. i decided i wanted to collect Cobra. Found them the same day, and decided to get a select few joes while i was at it. basicly all the ones i could never find as a kid :)

Ok, found a Snake eyes with timber for a good evilbay price....
just dawned on me how much commando snake eyes reminds me of Solid snake. If hasbro makes a figure of outback in the 25th line, i smell a custom :)

SS?

you mean stormshadow?'

my local stores have a few of the cobra five-packs, that help you evil?

so, what aboot shipwreck, is he impossible to get as well?

Shipwreck is part of Wave 3...and Wave 3 is still around on the shelves so he should be relatively easy to find. I was at Target about 2-3 weeks ago and their shelves were clogged with Wave 3.

Wave 4 is basically a lot of the original 5-Pack Joe & Cobra figures packed in single cards.

Wave 5 has IG Destro, Crimson Guard, Snow Job, Commando Snake-Eyes (in BLACK, not the grayish tint of the 1st release) and Flash.

Wave 6 has only 3 new figures, Armored CC, Rock 'n Roll, and Torpedo.

Wave 7 & Wave 8's line-ups have been shown but they aren't out yet...I believe Wave 7 is due out around May/June.

Waves 4-6 also have some re-releases of figures in previous Waves.

A few places I recommend online for Joes are:

BBTS (they actually have Shipwreck in-stock)

HasbroToyShop.com (The CHEAPEST place, but you have to look at the site basically every day because a lot of people get Joes from them and their stock varies so much)

SmallJoes.com

GoodStuffToGo.net (I know their site looks cheap but I have ordered from them multiple times, they are reliable)

DOH I are an R-tard today.
Yeah, I want those too. I just happen to have a shelf too short for 1/6ers, and had a few of the 25th series already. figured, what the hell, you know?

hmmm. i just wish i could find them here in town. All i have in Columbus are empty pegs, and a few two-packs.

Had to resort to ebay for mine. No U.K. distribution and Hasbro U.K. say there are no plans to.

Like what I have so far though.

Back