GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Just scored a re-release wave 1 25th Anniversary Flint at BBTS! Got the last one in stock. They will probably put more for sale if they choose to open and separate the cases. I been looking for one for a while but I don't want to pay over $40 for it.

Just scored a re-release wave 1 25th Anniversary Flint at BBTS! Got the last one in stock. They will probably put more for sale if they choose to open and separate the cases. I been looking for one for a while but I don't want to pay over $40 for it.

Dang r u serious, they can't be going for that much!!!? I'm looking for a Flint as well! I have 3 Tiger Force Flints but no regular!

just picked up the 25th anniv. versions of the rattler and the conquest from target. they are pretty sweet. i never had the conquest as a kid and i'm surprised by how much i dig it.

just picked up the 25th anniv. versions of the rattler and the conquest from target. they are pretty sweet. i never had the conquest as a kid and i'm surprised by how much i dig it.

Darnit! I hit my Target tonight on the way home and no dice. I've never had a Rattler but would love to add one. The conquest I had as a kid but could pass on.

Now, if it was a Skystriker on the other hand...

aw, man a skystriker would rock. i would bet money we are getting one. the question is when and will it be an excluisve?

yah, originally i had no intention of getting the conquest but i am very glad i did now. it is pretty freakin' cool. plus it actully feels new since i never had it as a kid. not a fan of the slipstream figure though. the tripwire helmet repaint just looks goofy imo. wish they had made him with a removeable helmet. the rattler is still the rattler. it destroyed every vehicle and playset imaginable when i was a kid. and if it ever got shot down, wild weasel could kick as much ass on the ground by himself...and inevitably he beat up ace and took the sky striker.

aw, man a skystriker would rock. i would bet money we are getting one. the question is when and will it be an excluisve?

yah, originally i had no intention of getting the conquest but i am very glad i did now. it is pretty freakin' cool. plus it actully feels new since i never had it as a kid. not a fan of the slipstream figure though. the tripwire helmet repaint just looks goofy imo. wish they had made him with a removeable helmet. the rattler is still the rattler. it destroyed every vehicle and playset imaginable when i was a kid. and if it ever got shot down, wild weasel could kick as much ass on the ground by himself...and inevitably he beat up ace and took the sky striker.

Ace's figure was such a puss... I hated it LOL, but gotta love the first series of all Joe figures, it is classic, I still have mine somewhere. Sold all my vehicles though, there's just no room.

So I came across the Nemesis and Falcon 2 pack twice which I really wanted but didn't get it because the face paint looks jacked up. Is anyone here picky like me or just pick up any packs without looking at the paint job?

So I came across the Nemesis and Falcon 2 pack twice which I really wanted but didn't get it because the face paint looks jacked up. Is anyone here picky like me or just pick up any packs without looking at the paint job?

LOL, never really thought about it, well there was this one time that I saw Duke and he had a spot on his face that wasn't suppose to be there and I didn't pick him up because of it!

edit: so your not alone LOL

LOL, never really thought about it, well there was this one time that I saw Duke and he had a spot on his face that wasn't suppose to be there and I didn't pick him up because of it!

edit: so your not alone LOL

I was lucky to get decent paint jobs from ebay wave 1-4, I think Hasbro is slacking on this series now. Or is it just me?

I've done the same. I passed on both Shipwreck/Copperhead and Nemesis/Falcon sets because of terrible paint apps.
It looks like it's common place.

I've done the same. I passed on both Shipwreck/Copperhead and Nemesis/Falcon sets because of terrible paint apps.
It looks like it's common place.

It seems to me like those comic packs are being notorious for that though, they are not painted as well as the single carded figures...

I recently bought four G.I. Joe 25th anniversary figures for my son and I was really disappointed in the quality. The paint apps were fine, but two of the four fell apart REALLY fast. He got the Crimson Guard/Cobra Officer 2-pack, Duke w/ jetpack, and Tigerforce Flint.

Within the first three minutes of play, the Cobra Officer's hands had fallen out (I super glued them in after that) and Flint's arm joint had broken. We returned Flint and he picked out a Cobra Viper that has held up pretty well. I also see that ALL of the figures heads pop off the ball joint fairly easy.

He still plays with them nonstop and has used his allowance to buy another figure. I just think that it is kind of sad that the 20+ year old Star Wars figures and GI Joes that I passed down to him hold up better than new figures.

I recently bought four G.I. Joe 25th anniversary figures for my son and I was really disappointed in the quality. The paint apps were fine, but two of the four fell apart REALLY fast. He got the Crimson Guard/Cobra Officer 2-pack, Duke w/ jetpack, and Tigerforce Flint.

Within the first three minutes of play, the Cobra Officer's hands had fallen out (I super glued them in after that) and Flint's arm joint had broken. We returned Flint and he picked out a Cobra Viper that has held up pretty well. I also see that ALL of the figures heads pop off the ball joint fairly easy.

He still plays with them nonstop and has used his allowance to buy another figure. I just think that it is kind of sad that the 20+ year old Star Wars figures and GI Joes that I passed down to him hold up better than new figures.

They don't make them how they used to.

I think Hasbro dropped the ball in some significant ways with this line. I've got a few that I like but they could have had me buying every single one of these.

The figures look great but are kind of cheap. I've got Snake Eyes w/Timber and Storm Shadow posed on my desk at work. But if you so much as blow on them the swords will fly out of their hands. I can't imagine the time kids must have trying to have them actually fight each other in play.

Okay fine, maybe Hasbro was focusing more on MOC collectors and not playability. That could have worked...if they kept all the original card art. More than half of the card art on these figures is wretched amateur work. So other than a select few they don't even look good displayed MOC.

Oh well.

Back