GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

I will have quick kick and dusty next week!

Pretty good day today!
Found a second Tiger Force Flint to open, a Roadblock version 2, and Python Patrol trooper at Wallmart; skipped the Conquest at Target and glad I did, because at K-Mart I picked up a perfect painted set of the Copperhead/Shipwreck two pack, a pristine BAT, and a pristine Snowserpent. :D
Now all I need to find is a Major Budd.

Picked up a Flash and the Toys R' Us exclusive Firefly pack at the local Toys R Us last week. Going to hang onto them until Christmas.

Last edited:

Picked up a Flash and the Toys R' Us exclussive Firefly pack at the local Toys R Us last week. Going to hang onto them until Christmas.

Do u have pics of the exclusive Firelfy I don't think I've seen this yet?

Thanks,

Skiman

Stopped by TRU after work and they are selling the 25th figures for $9.99. WTF! Anyways was tempted to get a TF Flint but already have him in my Pile-O-Loot at BBTS. Anyways I scored a TRU Exclusive Unicron.

Stopped by TRU after work and they are selling the 25th figures for $9.99. WTF! Anyways was tempted to get a TF Flint but already have him in my Pile-O-Loot at BBTS. Anyways I scored a TRU Exclusive Unicron.

Tiger Force Flint has to be one of the best 25th figures I've opened. I'm glad I got a second one to open because the sculpt/articulation/paint is perfect. They even improved upon the first version of Flint by fixing his forearms and hands to better reflect his original figure's design.

Tiger Force Flint has to be one of the best 25th figures I've opened. I'm glad I got a second one to open because the sculpt/articulation/paint is perfect. They even improved upon the first version of Flint by fixing his forearms and hands to better reflect his original figure's design.

I have to disagree! He looks nice, but we bought one for our son and the arm joints on him literally broke within 2 minutes of play. :horror

I have to disagree! He looks nice, but we bought one for our son and the arm joints on him literally broke within 2 minutes of play. :horror

I can see how he might not hold up to play very well, but you might've gotten a dud figure. Mine hasn't broken yet. TF Flint has the best range in articulation out of most of the one's I've bought. I'm mostly impressed by the fact that Flint was one of my favorite characters from the cartoon, and I really hated his original figure. I used to instead call Lt. Falcon Flint because he was just a better sculpted & painted figure. Now I finally have a Flint that looks the way it should. :D

Yep, here's the original:
https://www.yojoe.com/action/86/liftticket.shtml
liftticket.jpg

He originally came with the Tomahawk which I was kind of hoping they would do again as that was one of my all time favorite vehicles.

Water Moccasin with Copperhead rocks! I wish he came with his traditional colors, however, instead of the Python Patrol colors.

I didn't really notice the colors on Copperhead. I was holding off buying the Copperhead/Shipwreck 2-pack as I was waiting for this, but might have to buy it now to get the right color scheme.

I didn't really notice the colors on Copperhead. I was holding off buying the Copperhead/Shipwreck 2-pack as I was waiting for this, but might have to buy it now to get the right color scheme.

Copperhead was always one of my favorites, man i wish he came in original suit with his moccasin....:monkey2:monkey2

Dumb combo with Shipwreck might be the route for me as well!

aw, man a skystriker would rock. i would bet money we are getting one. the question is when and will it be an excluisve?
I would not hold my breath for a Skystriker. My understanding is that the tooling was damaged when Hasbro leased it to FunSkool back in the 90s, and they simply won't put the money into recreating it.

They might work up a new Skystriker based on the F-23, but we won't be seeing one based on the F-14 (as the original was).

Me, I'd just like a nice 1:18 F-15 so I can paint it up like Starscream. ;)

I would not hold my breath for a Skystriker. My understanding is that the tooling was damaged when Hasbro leased it to FunSkool back in the 90s, and they simply won't put the money into recreating it.

They might work up a new Skystriker based on the F-23, but we won't be seeing one based on the F-14 (as the original was).

Me, I'd just like a nice 1:18 F-15 so I can paint it up like Starscream. ;)

You are right.

I've been to two Joecons and one of the popular questions asked by the fans all the time during the Hasbro panels is whether they'll re-release the vintage vehicles or certain figures. Hasbro typically is vague on their answers but they have commented that a lot of molds have been lost and/or damaged throughout the years. That is also why you see a repeat of a lot of certain vehicles/figure bodies from the Real American Hero collection when Hasbro was doing a lot of re-releases in past years...because those were some of their best conditioned molds they still had.

I wonder when the next vehicles are coming out (Fang, Firebat, SHARC, etc).

I have a few cases of Joes coming Wednesday and should be able to fill some holes in my collection and of course will have plenty of spares if any of you are looking (don't know which ones are coming yet).

the firebat and sharc are out. My local TRu got them last week.

Back