GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

The problems I'm having with the 25th figures is their reluctance to hold their weapons in firing positions and keeping them there. Also the legs don't allow for good kneeling poses. The old Joes could at least hold weapons in better firing positions and be posed kneeling, not quite with these guys.

But there were problems with the old Joes too, over time their grip would loosen and in some cases, their thumbs would break off. The backpack pegs would also break off in their backs, and of course their O rings would snap or deteriorate. Not to mention the metal axles on some of the vehicles (Vamp, APC) would warp or if they used plastic pegs for the wheels, they'd break and become useless.

The problems I'm having with the 25th figures is their reluctance to hold their weapons in firing positions and keeping them there. Also the legs don't allow for good kneeling poses. The old Joes could at least hold weapons in better firing positions and be posed kneeling, not quite with these guys.

But there were problems with the old Joes too, over time their grip would loosen and in some cases, their thumbs would break off. The backpack pegs would also break off in their backs, and of course their O rings would snap or deteriorate. Not to mention the metal axles on some of the vehicles (Vamp, APC) would warp or if they used plastic pegs for the wheels, they'd break and become useless.

Losing their manhood was another damaging event that would happen! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I know these are "kiddie" but I'm feeling strangely compelled to collect these... :lol

attachment.php

I've got to say...those mini Joes look pretty neat. They only one i've ever bought is the Spider-Woman one. The Destro is quite nice. Might have to pick some of those up! Thanks for the pics! Hadn't seen 'em yet.

I may too - I really liked the G1 Transformer ones too. Not a fan of the SW or Marvel ones, though.

I know these are "kiddie" but I'm feeling strangely compelled to collect these... :lol

attachment.php

i'll be getting these for my son and i'll give them to him when he turns 2. my 2 year old daughter loves the indy one she has and he seems fine for little ones as long as they aren't eating their toys.

My son got a large boxed set of the Marvel ones for his birthday this year; it had Dark Phoenix, War Machine, and a few others. He absolutely loves them and, unlike his Star Wars or 25th Anniversary GI Joes, these are pretty safe to leave around smaller children. If his 25th Anniversary keep falling apart, we will probably just buy him these.

Picked up the Rattler and Conquest yesterday. I am going to be in big trouble if they keep re-releasing the bigger vehicles, not to mention the environments.

Yeah I'm stayn away from the vehicles this time around, I learned my lesson with the clutter and space is an issue all ready without vehicles, LOL!

damn! Still can't find these things. My Target's slacking!

Just call them or check online at Target.com. If select the product and use the find a target link it will show you which ones have it. My Target didn't have it Saturday but had 1 each Monday. I had them hold them until I got there.

Just call them or check online at Target.com. If select the product and use the find a target link it will show you which ones have it. My Target didn't have it Saturday but had 1 each Monday. I had them hold them until I got there.

I'm going to have to try that :devil

Thanks for the tip!

And got a Rattler today! :D my Target had one of each out on the shelves.

And got a Rattler today! :D my Target had one of each out on the shelves.

:chew

I was not sure if I was going to get the Conquest and after looking at it I had to have it too. Now that it is set up I really like it.

Btw, who has spent hours putting on the stickers on the vehicles? I want them to look just right and I don't recall the originals having so many of them.

:chew

I was not sure if I was going to get the Conquest and after looking at it I had to have it too. Now that it is set up I really like it.

Btw, who has spent hours putting on the stickers on the vehicles? I want them to look just right and I don't recall the originals having so many of them.

No kidding...I went through that with the AWE Striker...definitely don't remember so many stickers.

The Conquest is a nice plane, but I had one as a kid and didn't want to splurge on the extra money for it this month :) Besides, I won't have room to hang them all as I also have a 1:18 Ultimate Soldier WWII P-38 that's gotta go up.

I do remember the old school stuff having some stickers, there was a bunch of stickers we were just kids and had too much fun putting them on is all!!!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back