GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

:drool:drool:drool that is just a dream, what is that made of, looks plastic but at the same time some styro... I would never of left my room at age 7 with that Drome in my possession.

I used to feel the same way about Christy Brinkley...

A Target store finally opened where I'm from and picked up a Conquest X-30. Damn I cant keep up with all of Hasbro releases. I left the Rattler behind, may pick it up later if I do find another one.

I know it's a pipe dream (cause Hasbro already said they wouldn't) but I really wish they would go back and card pilots/drivers and all of those 7 pack guys, not to mention characters only available in multi-packs (e.i. Quick Kick, Alpine, Lift Ticket, Leatherneck) Oh well, sucks to be a carded collector I guess.

On a separate note, looks like a new case mix has shipped and I picked up the last 4 figures that I was missing from my 25th collection. I now have all the released so far. Picked up Viper, Cobra Ninja, black mask Cobra trooper and the Airtrooper. I also saw the new 5 packs and they look pretty good, although the packaging feels really flimsy. I'm going to have to go back and pick those up at some point.

^ Yeah, I just got the new 5 packs of joes and cobras. Totally worth it, the figure should of been release when the 5 pack 25th anniversary was released. Flint finally has gloves with the corrected short sleeves, but I like the 25th Flint head sculpt better. I was trying to stay away from the new 5 packs but I gotta say its well worth it.

Damn...such a pain trying to find one of the 'Sting Raiders' (Water Moccasins) locally...keep missing every batch. I did see the Python Patrol Conquest and Tiger Force Rattler at Target today, but no interest in those.

^ Yeah, I just got the new 5 packs of joes and cobras. Totally worth it, the figure should of been release when the 5 pack 25th anniversary was released. Flint finally has gloves with the corrected short sleeves, but I like the 25th Flint head sculpt better. I was trying to stay away from the new 5 packs but I gotta say its well worth it.
I just got those yesterday, and immediately took a dislike to the "screaming" Flint head. If anything, why not the smirk like on the original Flint?? I guess they wanted him to be able to say, "Yo Joe!"

Anyway, I swapped his head out with the "Flint in Cobra Disguise" head (the "V1" Flint head is too big for the body), and though the skin tone is a little off, he still looks much better, IMO. I also love the others in this set (excluding Hawk, of course), even Shipwreck, who is more like the original figure in many ways.

New pics of the Cobra Island 7 packs!

Joes:
https://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo...view.com/2009/GIJoeCobraisland-joe2.jpg&text=

Cobras:
https://www.cooltoyreview.com/photo...ew.com/2009/GIJoeCobraisland-cobra2.jpg&text=

Recondo, Hit & Run, and Ripcord look awesome!!! Not too keen on the gloves with Chuckles but the rest of him looks pretty cool. Still a shame the comic pack Tunnel Rat looked so bad.

I'm dissapointed they changed Outback's shirt from white to OD green but can live with it. The Cobras all look fantastic.

Does anyone have these up for pre-order? I've been waiting months for BBTS to put them up but no sign yet.

Imagine if Hasbro made a Terror Drome this big:

022_22.jpg

:google:google:google

I'm dissapointed they changed Outback's shirt from white to OD green but can live with it. The Cobras all look fantastic.

I think they turned Outback into the Night Force version because the white shirt one is supposed to come in the Flak/Claw vehicle set along with a Strato-Viper.

Has anyone here seen any of the Gi Joe Hall Of Heroes figures up in Canada yet? I see that the states have them already since either May or April.
Thanks

Here is my current collection...looking forward to adding those 7 packs

They look great like, teemu. The stands never really did much for me but I like how you've used them here. Makes for a killer display! :rock

Back