GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

hey guys, for those who are heavily in this line..whats the big difference between those 2 Zartan figures, and wich one is the best to have?

wave-11-zartan-card-front-lrg.jpg

25th_HOH_Zartan.jpg

Those two are essentially the same sculpt with minor paint differences that you can see there. Personally, I can do without the "weathering," and prefer the wave 11 version for the card art, but if you don't have wave 3 Zartan, then you might consider getting "Hall of Heroes" version so that you can have the "mustache" disguise.

There is also a 3rd Zartan with that sculpt who was released in a Cobra 5-pack, and he has the "glowing red" chest:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/09/agu/zartan15.shtml

Those two are essentially the same sculpt with minor paint differences that you can see there. Personally, I can do without the "weathering," and prefer the wave 11 version for the card art, but if you don't have wave 3 Zartan, then you might consider getting "Hall of Heroes" version so that you can have the "mustache" disguise.

There is also a 3rd Zartan with that sculpt who was released in a Cobra 5-pack, and he has the "glowing red" chest:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/09/agu/zartan15.shtml

Thanks for the info..I already have the wave 11 Zartan but I kinda like the chrome paint on the boots and leg pads more on the hall of heroes version....

*off to the bay*

hey guys, for those who are heavily in this line..whats the big difference between those 2 Zartan figures, and wich one is the best to have?

wave-11-zartan-card-front-lrg.jpg

25th_HOH_Zartan.jpg

Wave 11 Zartan is the absolute one to have and most accurate of all the Zartans

Wave 11 Zartan is the absolute one to have and most accurate of all the Zartans

:lecture

The wave 11 comes with a Swamp Skier and still costs about $8 less than HoH. Plus the all brown belt on HoH looks silly.
Wave 11 all the way! :rock

Zartan25thv2.jpg

:lecture

The wave 11 comes with a Swamp Skier and still costs about $8 less than HoH. Plus the all brown belt on HoH looks silly.
Wave 11 all the way! :rock

Zartan25thv2.jpg

Is the most convenient place to get wave 11 Zartan eBay, I'm about to order the Hall of Heroes one from Hasbro today?

Sorry can't see the pic, photosucket is blocked here at work.

Hasbrotoyshop has him instock. Enter GIJOE10 at checkout and that should get you 10% off.

https://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=520&ID=22595

Awesome thank you Mando :rock Yeah I have the 25th Anniversary Zartan the first release and wanted to get these two different versions, they look nicer than the first card back from the 25th Anni line.

edit: I mainly collected all the 25th Anniv card backs and a few more waves after that for key figures.

Zartan25thv2.jpg

That is major kick ass, I love this photo, man I'm ordering this tonight once I hear more info from Mando. Gonna get this from the Hasbro site.

Thanks, Collector! :duff

That is major kick ass, I love this photo, man I'm ordering this tonight once I hear more info from Mando. Gonna get this from the Hasbro site.

Never let it be said that I'm afraid to play with toys. :D

:rock :rock :rock

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between the Hall of Heroes versions besides the regular card backs that came out in the first place...

A few of the HoH figures are new figures frankensteined from others. Firefly has Snake Eyes v1 arms and legs but a Viper torso, Flint is a repaint of Tiger Force Flint. Things like that.

Zartan is the exact same sculpt as wave 11 (pictured above) and the one from the third Cobra 5-pack. The wave 11 Z has all black armor, and the Swamp Skier. Whereas the HoH version has silver drybrushed armor and a few masks his belt is also unpainted so he look funny (at least to me).

I'd say the wave 11 version is the way to go as you get more bang for your buck. The HoH version will run you almost twice what ave 11 costs, and you won't get the Swamp Skier. The Swap Skier isn't perfect, it's definitely smaller than the vintage one, but it's cool for what you're paying.

Back