GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

So what year/comic is Blue Oyster Destro supposed to be from?\

Apparently, it's a paint variation of the Destro #5 figure. Read more about it here:
https://www.yojoe.com/faq/pdd.shtml
Here's it in the the Yo Joe archive:
https://www.yojoe.com/action/97/destro5.shtml
Edit; oops, I was a bit late. Bonehead has it covered.

EVILFACE said:
That's kewl, cause I want the individual carded figures as well.

So who is Scarlet going to be shacking up with in the movie? Snakes or Duke? I say Duke. Screw all that intertwined ninja crap. Snake Eyes is a Commando.
I've gotten tired of all the Ninja crap too. It's what I think is dragging down the franchise and ruined the new TV series.
Snake Eyes is my favorite followed by Storm Shadow, but the main interest in GI Joe was combat in vehicles and guys with guns, not Ninjas with swords. I think I always had Snake Eyes infiltrating Cobra and using a Uzi.
In my mind, Snake Eyes should be more Sam Fisher in Splinter Cell and less Raiden in Metal Gear.

Scarlet always had a thing for Snake Eyes.

In the toon she was with Duke. And Cover Girl was with Shipwreck.

Went to wallyworld today and got hooded Cobra Commander and Cobra Officer. Pretty kewl figures.

joes1.jpg

Also grabbed one of the Adventure Team reissues. It's no Hot Toys, but this figure is unbeatable for $10 bucks. I'll grab the other 5 as well.

joes2.jpg

joes3.jpg

joes4.jpg

Went to wallyworld today and got hooded Cobra Commander and Cobra Officer. Pretty kewl figures.

Picked up a couple of figures at Wal-Mart myself today too:

BellaJuly006.jpg

Vintage Snake Eyes with Wolf is probably my all time favorite action figure. Suffice to say that for me a commando certainly doesn't become less cool by moonlighting as a ninja. :cool: :) The update is surprisingly good, in fact so were all of the figures that I saw. I'll pick up most of them but wanted to be sure to get an Officer so I wouldn't have to battle army builders down the line. Nice work Hasbro! :duff

We'll be getting more characters soon enough. I'm suspecting that the red ninja is coming out this soon because it requires only minimal retooling of the Storm Shadow mold, and also because the international release "Satan" is pretty legendary amongst Joe collectors.

Rumored list of 25th Anni single carded releases: (supposedly from WalMart's computers):

Snake eyes
Storm Shadow
Armor CC
Destro
Blade Destro
Rock and Roll
Scarlett
Crimson Guard
Gung Ho
Stalker
Duke V1
Roadblock V1
Snake eyes/w wolf
Storm Shadow V1
Scarlett
Torpedo
Beachhead
Shipwreck
Cobra Officer
Cobra Troop
Cobra Ait Troop
Firefly
Zartan
Buzzer
Flint
Red Ninja
Flash
Cobra Commander

I've seen the supposed breakdown of single-carded waves 4 and 5 but can't lay hands on it at the moment.

Does anyone know if the 5 packs will be offered individually?:confused::confused:

I see a Stromshadow v1 listed but which one is that?

Man that card art sure brings back memories. I was at Wallyworld today and I forgot to check on these.:monkey2 I hope they still have some.

Does anyone know if the 5 packs will be offered individually?:confused::confused:

I see a Stromshadow v1 listed but which one is that?

I thought The Storm Shadow V1 was the one that came with the 5 pack and V2 was the single pack, the Joe version.

I thought The Storm Shadow V1 was the one that came with the 5 pack and V2 was the single pack, the Joe version.

Right....This is standard operating procedure for this type of hot item.
This is for people that either do not want to buy the 5-Pack or what both the 5-pack AND the very sweet/old school artwork for the two most famous ninjas in any toy line!!!

From Cool Toy Review's Hasbro Q & A session:

Cool Toy Review: Rumor has it that vehicles may be in the offing for 2008, would these vehicles be re-release and repaints of old molds or new vehicles built as an homage to the classic vehicles?

Hasbro: It is a little early in the development process to provide that kind of detail but what would a 3.75" line be without vehicles?

:rock :rock :rock :rock

To me, the comics are what's "canon".

Therefore,

Snake Eyes + Scarlet (on-again, off-again... now on-again).

Flint + Lady Jaye (though there is a good spoiler here that occured in issue #24 of "America's Elite")

Shipwreck + Cover Girl

Flint was with Lady Jaye in both toon and comic.

You're right. I think the only one of those couples that wasn't in the 'toon is Snake Eyes & Scarlet. Though if I recall Shipwreck was always chasing Cover Girl's tail but never closed the deal.

The other little vehicle I really liked was the Trouble Bubble (or however it read). I played with that all the time.

I always liked anything snow or water related. The snow cat was probably my favorite with the quad missle turret and side ski missles.

snowcat_iso.jpg

Back