GI JOE 30th Anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE 25th Anniversary

Kewlest Cobra Vehicle: Trouble Bubble Flight Pod
Kewlest Joe Vehicle: AWE Striker Dune Buggy.

Kewlest Cobra Vehicle: Trouble Bubble Flight Pod
Kewlest Joe Vehicle: AWE Striker Dune Buggy.

I don't know about the Trubble Bubble but the AWE Striker (and its real shocks) was definitely sweet. I remember watching Chuck Norris in "The Delta Force" and thinking it was cool that they drove around in black AWE Strikers. :cool:

Kewlest Cobra Vehicle: Rattler
Kewlest Dreadnok ANYTHING: Thundermachine
Kewlest Joe Vehicle: AWE Striker

Best Cobra mustache: Major Bludd
Best Joe mustache: Bazooka
Best line in the cartoon:
"What's it to you, JACK?"
"Because I'm hungry, I'm a gourmet chef and my name ain't Jack--IT'S ROADBLOCK! I'M G.I. JOE!!! --Roadblock

I hope I find these soon; that new Snake-Eyes is awesome. I actually love the whole ninja aspect they throw in--it's actually one of the only reasons I like G. I. Joe.

I know some Freaks aren't happy with the Serpentor sculpt/outfit selection, but I still think it's cool that we get Serpentor, and from the looks of this pic from cooltoyreview, it looks like his helmet/mask is removable:

IMG_9061.JPG

I pulled this pic off of someone's ebay ad, just look at the nostalgic beauty of seeing all these carded figures together:

picture_2658.jpg

I must say that currently this is my most anticipated collectible line of any kind, moreso even than SS's 1/6 lines (though Bespin Luke is still #1 overall).

Last edited:

I know some Freaks aren't happy with the Serpentor sculpt/outfit selection, but I still think it's cool that we get Serpentor, and from the looks of this pic from cooltoyreview, it looks like his helmet/mask is removable:

IMG_9061.JPG

I just hope he's not bald underneath

I see all sorts of blasphemy in this thread.

The Night Raven wins the Most Awesome Vehicle category, hands down.

The DTC H.I.S.S. put out lately is not too shabby, though I wish it had guns instead of missile launchers on its turrets (and I'm still not sure why the heck they came with freakin' red Night Creeper ninjas as drivers). I'm still bitter that I missed the super-cheap clearance sale on these at Hasbro Toy Shop; I only have three of them.

Serpentor (The Marvel one) RULES! :rock

And Larry Hama crafted a great backstory for the character and worked it VERY well into the GI Joe comics. Ultimately, the Cobra Civil War (Serpentor's forces vs. The Imposter Cobra Commander's forces) was one of the BEST GI Joe storylines ever.

Serpentor = sux

The character, in general. The new fig is fine, I guess.

I agree, I can't understand why they decided to make a Serpentor so soon. And if they were going to make him, they shouldv'e included his flying chariot.

I always though Serpentor was a bizarre character--he never really seemed to fit in somehow. I mean, how could Cobra have an emperor if they didn't even have an empire? I dunno, he was just really strange to me.

Serpentor (The Marvel one) RULES! :rock

And Larry Hama crafted a great backstory for the character and worked it VERY well into the GI Joe comics. Ultimately, the Cobra Civil War (Serpentor's forces vs. The Imposter Cobra Commander's forces) was one of the BEST GI Joe storylines ever.

Word...... Zartan shooting an arrow through Serpentor skull,ending the Civil war with it,was f'n awesome.One of the best comic serie I used to collect in the 80's.

I always though Serpentor was a bizarre character--he never really seemed to fit in somehow. I mean, how could Cobra have an emperor if they didn't even have an empire? I dunno, he was just really strange to me.

In the comics, Serpentor was created to be a super-soldier and more of a general for Cobra Commander than an actual "emperor". But due to his DNA background (from some of the world's past greatest military leaders AND Storm Shadow) he also was very ambitious and soon after his "birth" he rallied the COBRA troops against a G.I. Joe attack on Springfield (one of COBRA's homebase "towns" in America) and started gaining the loyalty and respect of the COBRA troops much to the disappointment of COBRA Commander...who even tried to have Serpentor assassinated when they arrived back at Cobra Island.

Eventually COBRA Commander and Destro were trapped under the destroyed Pit (GI Joe HQ) in an attack coordinated by COBRA. The Commander's disappearance would allow Serpentor to effectively become the de-facto leader of COBRA for a brief amount of time.

Back