God Of War: Ascension

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: God OF War 4

Ascension is a Prequel to the GoD Triolgy, so no Stomach scar which he got on God of War II after Zues Stabbed Kratos

Will there be side quests in GoW:A? I dunno why, I was thinking with this being a prequel it could have been a bit similar to KoA:R...in terms of length in gameplay? Another element from KoA:Reckoning, making choices (options) would have been a nice feature.

Last edited:

This is neither here nor there, but I'm currently playing the heck out of God of War: Chains of Olympus (first time ever) on my Vita and I really like it! A lot more than I thought I would, considering it's a portable game. Thought it would've been a much inferior game, but it holds its own.

Will there be side quests in GoW:A? I dunno why, I was thinking with this being a prequel it could have been a bit similar to KoA:R...in terms of length in gameplay? Another element from KoA:Reckoning, making choices (options) would have been a nice feature.

Why would you think it's going to be like KoA though when it's going to follow the same type of singular-path story mode as all the other GoW games. Unless I missed something, there is nothing to lead me to believe that this will be more of a sandbox or open-world.

This is neither here nor there, but I'm currently playing the heck out of God of War: Chains of Olympus (first time ever) on my Vita and I really like it! A lot more than I thought I would, considering it's a portable game. Thought it would've been a much inferior game, but it holds its own.

Great game, though Ghost of Sparta is better. But CoO has one of the greater scenes in the entire series as it pertains to Kratos' character development. You'll know it when it happens.

And yes, the statue is accurate in not having a stomach scar. Kratos does not get stabbed by Zeus for a while yet.

Gs, more of a late suggestion, or something I would have liked to seen to expand the game play time. So GoW doesn't up up with a quick play through, a bit of online play...back to the gamestore for credit.

Finished Chains of Olympus the other night and then went back for a God mode run, which I finished fast thanks to cutscene skipping.

Once you beat God mode, you unlock the Mime Kratos costume, which has a side effect that makes your weapons invisible. I really wish could've had that for my first God mode play through. Would've made it a bit harder, not being able to gauge the distance your weapon attacks cover. I like the extra challenge any way I can get it.

Time to start Ghost of Sparta.

I'd appreciate your input since you were part of the team. My theory is that after seeing how desperate Athena had become to rule over mankind, Kratos stabbed himself and released hope not so much to free mankind, but as a last **** you to the gods before he finally ended his torture. I saw a documentary (I think it came with GoWIII) where all the directors of all the games discuss the plot and the ending, and they all made it sound like Kratos did this heroic deed and released hope to mankind for their sake. Is that true to you? Or do you think he did it because it was his way of forever defeating the gods? The heroic part of it had nothing to do with it for him (it was just a by-product), but if mankind had hope, Athena or any other god would never be able to rule again (hence ending their reign forever). He didn't care how other humans lived afterward. That was the point of his smile at the end when Athena tells him she's so disappointed.

Also, the end where his body was gone I felt as kind of unnecessary. It's fun to add and keep everything ambiguous and keep the fans talking, but irrelevant to the point that there was never any finality when Kratos had died before that anyway. Each time he was killed, he escaped hades. In God of War III, he kills the domains ruler and steals his soul. If Kratos couldn't be stopped in leaving the underworld before Hades was killed, there sure is hell isn't no stopping him now even if Kratos killed himself.

These statues that are coming out with games these days are becoming more and more impressive. I have high expectations for this Kratos statue. I don't know why...but each figure that has come out has had a major drawback (NECA's had relatively no articulation, Sideshow's statue has a dumb looking face and condensed body imo, and Play Arts as that botched face paint). A simple statue in a dynamic pose may just be what I'm looking for.

Although, saw this at NYCC, and nothing compares. I want it. Now.

Kratos_NYCC2.jpg

yep the end to me did have bit of both. he said f the gods and he kind of care to let the power to world. even though he killed random people in games but saved some lol. ya i think that giant statue is the best "figure" of him but thats due to sony working very close with the sculptors to make it. with neca, sideshow, and other ones that came out they had hartd time getting the artist to work with sony on getting what they want.

God of War games may seem all "bad-ass" and breathless action and blood and everything (which they are also) but actually they have one (the main core that runs throughout the trilogy) among the most allegorical scripts and scenarios that I 've seen in a video game ever.

God of War games may seem all "bad-ass" and breathless action and blood and everything (which they are also) but actually they have one (the main core that runs throughout the trilogy) among the most allegorical scripts and scenarios that I 've seen in a video game ever.

Agreed. And the music, scope, and cinematic presentation really make it feel a level up on all of its most-similar competitors. Games like "Devil May Cry", "Ninja Gaiden", and "Darksiders" I enjoyed in a arcade-like giddy asskicking kind of way, but the "God of War" games truly immersed me into the world of greek mythology. And for such a brutal game, at times the series had its moments where it was nothing short of beautiful.

Agreed. And the music, scope, and cinematic presentation really make it feel a level up on all of its most-similar competitors. Games like "Devil May Cry", "Ninja Gaiden", and "Darksiders" I enjoyed in a arcade-like giddy asskicking kind of way, but the "God of War" games truly immersed me into the world of greek mythology. And for such a brutal game, at times the series had its moments where it was nothing short of beautiful.

"Kratos" has a dual meaning in Greek. It means "power", but also "state". I think the rise of the "states" as communities structured by law and order begun to slightly decrease the "mighty God power", superstitions, priesthood and the eternal "fear of Gods".

I don't know if they wanted to spread that hidden meaning but this is what I understood while playing the trilogy and I think that this is a very accomplished view. Nobody can ever defeat or kill a God except a perfect standalone state that doesn't really need one.

"Kratos" has a dual meaning in Greek. It means "power", but also "state". I think the rise of the "states" as communities structured by law and order begun to slightly decrease the "mighty God power", superstitions, priesthood and the eternal "fear of Gods".

I don't know if they wanted to spread that hidden meaning but this is what I understood while playing the trilogy and I think that this is a very accomplished view. Nobody can ever defeat or kill a God except a perfect standalone state that doesn't really need one.

That's fascinating. I knew that "Cratos" meant power, and was in traditional greek mythology an enforcer of Zeus. But I never knew about the "state" aspect. I like the duality.

I know alot of videogame reviewers of dislike Kratos as a character. The constant yelling does get old, but I think the character is underappreciated. He has more layers to him then naysayers give him credit for and he's not a dumb brute by any means. But "Ascension" promises to get back to Kratos' humanity and to make fans remember why we root for him anyway. I hope they succeed.

Zeus Trailer

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks0I5ChImuw[/ame]

Ares Trailer

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXov7wpIGyc[/ame]

^^ Nice trailers!

The games looking better and better!

Might have to get an Admin or Mod to change the title of this thread to: God Of War Ascension.

Im sick of seeing this multiplayer crap. I couldn't give two *****s about multiplayer. I wanna see the game!

Back