Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a blast with the Godzilla Unleashed on PS2. Was a fun battle royal type game especially if you get 4 people playing. Smashing cities was fun enough but blasting radioactive breath at all your homies relentlessly was also a good time.

The only videogame I got to play that came remotely close was Rampage. :lol

rampage1.jpg

The only videogame I got to play that came remotely close was Rampage. :lol

rampage1.jpg

That's what it reminded me of. Just with more familiar paces and less cartoony looking. Rampage was a blast. I used to love getting a little tipsy and throwing down against my buddies.

King of the Monsters on Genesis was pretty cool too.

Jye, also keep in mind that the X-Plus Mechagodzilla '74 is being distributed here as well. As far as how much Kiryu will be, it looks like around $200 before shipping.

And Jye, as far as getting a Godzilla 2k figure. I'd honestly consider waiting for the FigureArts. It looks like a perfect sculpt. If it is at the level of the one we've seen at SDCC, it blows away the banpresto one (which I own and love). Plus, I'm sure a GMK is down the line somewhere soon since it's such a popular suit design. I'd imagine sometime next year we'd see a GMK. And it will kick ***.

Damnit, jye! I know you're setting me up for a, "that's what she said!" moment.

OK, it's got to be at least 12 inches and... (drumroll)... that's what she said!

All the LEGO games by Traveler's Tales rock! :rock

I wish I played those games! I remember seeing them on store shelves, but I never had a Nintendo Gamecube. :lol

:rotfl

Hopefully a new game is made.

I used to have a blast with the Godzilla Unleashed on PS2. Was a fun battle royal type game especially if you get 4 people playing. Smashing cities was fun enough but blasting radioactive breath at all your homies relentlessly was also a good time.

The one I played was the Destroy All Monster on the Gamecube.

I never played Unleashed.

MF described Unleashed as a MK game, will go look it up on YT when I get home from work, no YT in the office. :rotfl

Thanks for the info. I'll wait to contact him until I get more money together. That exclusive Kiryu isn't cheap.

It better be 18" for that kind of price.

But it sure looks detailed.

Are Godzilla toys like HT/EB/SSC, they release a proto pic first for PO then the release version can look different.

In the meantime, what the hell is going on with Tamashii Nations Perfect Model '89 Godzilla?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vwAHiZQmLw[/ame]

King of the Monsters on Genesis was pretty cool too.

Jye, also keep in mind that the X-Plus Mechagodzilla '74 is being distributed here as well. As far as how much Kiryu will be, it looks like around $200 before shipping.

And Jye, as far as getting a Godzilla 2k figure. I'd honestly consider waiting for the FigureArts. It looks like a perfect sculpt. If it is at the level of the one we've seen at SDCC, it blows away the banpresto one (which I own and love). Plus, I'm sure a GMK is down the line somewhere soon since it's such a popular suit design. I'd imagine sometime next year we'd see a GMK. And it will kick ***.

Thank you both for looking out for my wallet. :hi5:

Are Godzilla toys like HT/EB/SSC, they release a proto pic first for PO then the release version can look different.

With the FigureArts I noticed that a bit. Burning Godzilla didn't come out as good as the proto. Many of them have though such as Destroyah, Space Godzilla, Junior, Ghidorah. And from what I've seen, early reviews of Godzilla '64 are pretty much spot on to the proto (even though it doesn't mask many of the articulation points very well) and it looks very detailed.

If G2k looks that good, it'll top Space Godzilla as the nicest looking figure in the line.

They're probably trying to figure out how to implement articulation into the figure that doesn't take away from the aesthetics of it. I'm sure that isn't an easy task.

Not in the least and I dislike visible joint lines, especially if it creates huge gaps. Give and take, though.

Not in the least and I dislike visible joint lines, especially if it creates huge gaps. Give and take, though.

I don't mind it on the smaller figures like the MonsterArts, but something that's billed as a premium figure in the same line as Perfect Model C-3PO better be as close to a on screen Godzilla as you can get and incorporate articulation in a seamless manner.

Depends who makes it. Bandai Tamashii does preorders with nice prototypes and the occasional drop in paint quality. Stadard Bandai figures aren't detailed in paint so usually what you see ahead of time is what you get.

X-Plus seems to show production paint when they show off painted pieces, there stuff is usually put for preorder just a month or two before shipping though so you need the money right away.

I don't mind it on the smaller figures like the MonsterArts, but something that's billed as a premium figure in the same line as Perfect Model C-3PO better be as close to a on screen Godzilla as you can get and incorporate articulation in a seamless manner.

That is a challenge, Godzilla, especially '89 does not lend well to hidden articulation.

I want to thank MF, Kuzeh, GS, Bio, Boba, Centurion, and a few others for giving me the Godzilla bug.

I have always loved Godzilla since a child but never took the plunge into the collectibles arena other than the Shogun G my parents got for me (long gone).

It is time to add big G to my collection.

Thanks boys (and girls).

Where to start.

I like that G2K/GMK look and lets see what 2014 brings.

Plus I want a MG, don't know which one yet.

Now remember fellas, go easy on me, i'm not out to own every single version of all the characters like Bio. :lol

Yes you do. You want to own them all....and you will!

:exactly: At the price they're asking for their C-3PO, their Godzilla will probably be in the same range or more.

:exactly: At the price they're asking for their C-3PO, their Godzilla will probably be in the same range or more.

Other than Godzilla being big for Bandai, I don't why they're doing him in this line, he's hard to articulate, there's not much you could make him with material wise to get the wow like C-3P0, and personally, I think the proto paint is pretty basic and simple for a piece in a price range like these figures are, it's X-plus level and should cost no more than $200.

I'm thinking they'll probably do a man in suit style figure with the articulation being similar to the range of movement the actual actor would have in the Godzilla suit. I just don't know what material would work that wouldn't degrade or crack. I also agree with Maulfan. The detail on the Godzilla suit should look a little nicer with the prices that the Perfect Model figures go for.

Reserved my Spacegodzilla with Hobbysearch. At the discounted price they're offering, I'm cool with ordering from Japan. With shipping, that'll be around $200 total, which is a fair amount for a 35cm-tall figure of my favorite Big G villain.
Kiryu is still an issue; I really want that Ric Boy version, but it's so damn expensive. I with the backpack was a standard accessory, that's way too huge of an add-on for an exclusive IMO.

Reserved my Spacegodzilla with Hobbysearch. At the discounted price they're offering, I'm cool with ordering from Japan. With shipping, that'll be around $200 total, which is a fair amount for a 35cm-tall figure of my favorite Big G villain.
Kiryu is still an issue; I really want that Ric Boy version, but it's so damn expensive. I with the backpack was a standard accessory, that's way too huge of an add-on for an exclusive IMO.

I do not believe the backpack is an accessory . at least not a removable accessory , which in my opinion is BS !

Yeah, it's not removable. I wish it was though, it's such a jaw-droppingly cool look for the figure and costs so much extra to have. Why couldn't the drill hand be the exclusive feature? :(

X-Plus often makes exclusives important accessories, they don't get the idea of making exclusives something neat but not necessary, most of the time. The 30cm '84 having an exclusive sea louse is the right idea, the 25cm '84 exclusive being Super X was a bad choice.

Back