Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to thank MF, Kuzeh, GS, Bio, Boba, Centurion, and a few others for giving me the Godzilla bug.

I have always loved Godzilla since a child but never took the plunge into the collectibles arena other than the Shogun G my parents got for me (long gone).

It is time to add big G to my collection.

Thanks boys (and girls).

Where to start.

I like that G2K/GMK look and lets see what 2014 brings.

Plus I want a MG, don't know which one yet.

Now remember fellas, go easy on me, i'm not out to own every single version of all the characters like Bio. :lol

No problem, Jye. I'd suggest getting the 30 cm X-Plus GMK that's being distributed through Diamond. I think he's coming out in November.

We're also going to be seeing a slew of Godzilla product with the Legendary movie from Sideshow, Bandai and other companies, so there's that to look forward to as well.

Thanks Bo.

Now, didn't you say that the 25cm looked better though for GMK.

Was the GMK pic from a few pages back the 25cm, I like that one alot.

Right now If I had both a G2K/GMK to represent my Godzilla I would be content (lets see what 2014 brings).

Bigger is always better though.

From what I've heard, Diamond seems like they'll take awhile getting things out and may not do everything, I'd look for the best deal now if you really want it cuz if Diamond doesn't release it, aftermarket on X-Plus is like $300+.

Yeah, plus $200-ish shipped is still not bad for an X-Plus figure that's quite tall compared to others.

The thing is I also just noticed that the backpack version of Kiryu is an X-Plus exclusive so I'm considering getting a Tenso account so I can buy him direct... too much good stuff coming out now.

X-Plus 25cm GMK

gmk_godzilla_LL01.jpg

X-Plus 30cm GMK

gmkxplus.jpg

Banpresto 10" G2K

bandprestoG2001.jpg

Thanks Bo.

Now, didn't you say that the 25cm looked better though for GMK.

Was the GMK pic from a few pages back the 25cm, I like that one alot.

Right now If I had both a G2K/GMK to represent my Godzilla I would be content (lets see what 2014 brings).

Bigger is always better though.

I personally like the 25 cm sculpt better, but it's a little easier and cheaper to get the 30 cm one now since they're distributing him to the U.S. Overall, I prefer the 30 cm line as well.

Yeah, plus $200-ish shipped is still not bad for an X-Plus figure that's quite tall compared to others.

The thing is I also just noticed that the backpack version of Kiryu is an X-Plus exclusive so I'm considering getting a Tenso account so I can buy him direct... too much good stuff coming out now.

There are better ways. There's a guy from the X-Plus collectors group that should be able to get you one fairly easily. He deals in money orders though.

There are better ways. There's a guy from the X-Plus collectors group that should be able to get you one fairly easily. He deals in money orders though.

That's not a problem, I've dealt in money orders for years. Still do for selling stuff so it's no issue for me. Should I just post a question and ask or tag him specifically in a post?

I want to thank MF, Kuzeh, GS, Bio, Boba, Centurion, and a few others for giving me the Godzilla bug.

I have always loved Godzilla since a child but never took the plunge into the collectibles arena other than the Shogun G my parents got for me (long gone).

It is time to add big G to my collection.

Thanks boys (and girls).

Where to start.

I like that G2K/GMK look and lets see what 2014 brings.

Plus I want a MG, don't know which one yet.

Now remember fellas, go easy on me, i'm not out to own every single version of all the characters like Bio. :lol

No worries! :rock

Hey, MaulFan... did you see that? jye called you a girl!

Seriously though... it seems all your questions have been answered except regarding MechaG.
I suggest looking for the X-Plus 1974 Mechagodzilla, if you can find one.

If I had money I'd build a collection of foes, I regret getting rid of all my little Trendmasters figures, I don't even remember why, I think space, I was trying to get every suit in 6" scale at one point. My collection now consists of just Godzilla himself, quite a number of them, but no foes. At this point, I have to save my collecting budget for G2014, if that maquette and G Encounter are pretty much his look, I definitely want one in my collection, really hoping NECA gets a 7" license, that'd be right I'm my budget and great quality.

Speaking of G2014, if they make accurate human figures, would any of you get them?

I hope Bandai does decent playsets, if they did a nice city diorama in the right scale I might get it for my Toho figures.

I don't see myself getting too much G'14 merchandise at this point, but that could change. I like what I've seen of the design so far, so maybe I'll limit it to a really nice statue or big vinyl figure. Something large and definitive to fill that hole in the collection and I can get back to playing catch-up with X-Plus.

Not interested in any human figures, but I imagine if they made Bryan Cranston's character people would have some good kitbash material for Breaking Bad so that's a thing.

I personally like the 25 cm sculpt better, but it's a little easier and cheaper to get the 30 cm one now since they're distributing him to the U.S. Overall, I prefer the 30 cm line as well

Hmmm, now that MF put both of them up, I prefer the 30cm as well.

No worries! :rock

Hey, MaulFan... did you see that? jye called you a girl!

Seriously though... it seems all your questions have been answered except regarding MechaG.
I suggest looking for the X-Plus 1974 Mechagodzilla, if you can find one.

Nah, Bio is the girl. :lol

thanks for the MG advise. :hi5:

Also really liking that Kiryu coming out.

Probably alot of money I bet. :(

If I had money I'd build a collection of foes, I regret getting rid of all my little Trendmasters figures, I don't even remember why, I think space, I was trying to get every suit in 6" scale at one point. My collection now consists of just Godzilla himself, quite a number of them, but no foes. At this point, I have to save my collecting budget for G2014, if that maquette and G Encounter are pretty much his look, I definitely want one in my collection, really hoping NECA gets a 7" license, that'd be right I'm my budget and great quality.

Speaking of G2014, if they make accurate human figures, would any of you get them?

I hope Bandai does decent playsets, if they did a nice city diorama in the right scale I might get it for my Toho figures.

Collectors would definitely go nuts for a Cranston figure.

I would personally get G2014 if it was done in a large enough scale. I'm really not into collecting small scale figs. Also assuming sculpt and paint was right on.

Collectors would definitely go nuts for a Cranston figure.

I would personally get G2014 if it was done in a large enough scale. I'm really not into collecting small scale figs. Also assuming sculpt and paint was right on.

What do you consider small, the 30cm.

I want a Lego Godzilla videogame. :lol

That Gamera game kicked *** on the PS1. :lecture

How were those Godzilla fighting games, I think I had the first one for the Gamecube, I don't remember much of it anymore. :lol

Based on the license holders we know of, NECA 18" will be the best large scale figure, even though JAKKS will probably be 30" or so, their paintwork strikes me as very basic, I think NECA will deliver a really nice paintjob and sculpt.

I want an 18" figure but I don't have the room, my smaller G's already need a lot of space, 12" is about as big as I could go, and if I were to work anything bigger than that in it'd have to be a special Toho G based on '54, '84 or '89.

That's not a problem, I've dealt in money orders for years. Still do for selling stuff so it's no issue for me. Should I just post a question and ask or tag him specifically in a post?

His name's Mike Johson on there. I'd try to send him a message. If you don't hear from him(sometimes messages go to the junk folder if you aren't friends), let me know and I can e-mail him for you. I've bought a few things from him in the past.

How were those Godzilla fighting games, I think I had the first one for the Gamecube, I don't remember much of it anymore. :lol

I'd like a LEGO Godzilla, they could mix being humans an being Godzilla probably.

I have Godzilla unleashed for Wii and it's neat but it's just Mortal Combat with Godzilla basically, I'd like a Godzilla game where you're playing through a story.

Damnit, jye! I know you're setting me up for a, "that's what she said!" moment.

OK, it's got to be at least 12 inches and... (drumroll)... that's what she said!

All the LEGO games by Traveler's Tales rock! :rock

I wish I played those games! I remember seeing them on store shelves, but I never had a Nintendo Gamecube. :lol

Based on the license holders we know of, NECA 18" will be the best large scale figure, even though JAKKS will probably be 30" or so, their paintwork strikes me as very basic, I think NECA will deliver a really nice paintjob and sculpt.

I want an 18" figure but I don't have the room, my smaller G's already need a lot of space, 12" is about as big as I could go, and if I were to work anything bigger than that in it'd have to be a special Toho G based on '54, '84 or '89.

:exactly: I'd like to have a maquette size Godzilla. :yess:

I used to have a blast with the Godzilla Unleashed on PS2. Was a fun battle royal type game especially if you get 4 people playing. Smashing cities was fun enough but blasting radioactive breath at all your homies relentlessly was also a good time.

His name's Mike Johson on there. I'd try to send him a message. If you don't hear from him(sometimes messages go to the junk folder if you aren't friends), let me know and I can e-mail him for you. I've bought a few things from him in the past.

Thanks for the info. I'll wait to contact him until I get more money together. That exclusive Kiryu isn't cheap.

Back