Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hated how the exclusives for Baragon and Godzilla 62 were really cool alternate display options like the different ear position and head sculpt for Baragon and the closed mouth for Godzilla. I think those should have been standard.

Blade, were you able to get hold of Mike J. or do you need me to contact him for you?

Blade, were you able to get hold of Mike J. or do you need me to contact him for you?

I haven't tried yet. Kiryu will set me back quite a bit for a 12"(ish) piece, so I'm making sure I have all the funds ready before contacting him.

I'm really surprised by the pricing of X-Plus figures and where the justification on the cost comes in. Sure a sculptor had to do a lot, but it's just a vinyl figure with no articulation and a basic paint job. The 25cm line should be about $50-$75 and 30cm $75-$100. Totally different products, but when they cost the same as an HT figure with infinitely more detail and craftsmanship, it's hard to see the value for your money. It's 8" vs 12", but I was able to get the Kaiyodo '84 for like $75 tops and that's a long sold out piece, these are brand new. I'd love to get a few of them but the cost kills me every time.

As much as I can enjoy a genre, i'm also an adult who understands when the price is not compatible with my desire to own a piece of that genre.

Toy companies have a reason why they set prices where they do, nothing I can say or do will ever change their business model.

I just paid $730.00 for a 1/6 scale Batmobile, so I get it.

But $400.00 for a 12" Godzilla is not something I would ever consider moving forward with.

Not when Neca is making good quality $85.00 18" figures.

I'm really surprised by the pricing of X-Plus figures and where the justification on the cost comes in. Sure a sculptor had to do a lot, but it's just a vinyl figure with no articulation and a basic paint job. The 25cm line should be about $50-$75 and 30cm $75-$100. Totally different products, but when they cost the same as an HT figure with infinitely more detail and craftsmanship, it's hard to see the value for your money. It's 8" vs 12", but I was able to get the Kaiyodo '84 for like $75 tops and that's a long sold out piece, these are brand new. I'd love to get a few of them but the cost kills me every time.

I'll get the majority of my stuff from Diamond unless a really good sale pops up on Hobby Search or there's an irresistible exclusive from Ric Boy. Problem is Ric Boy prices are insane. If I do cough up the $300 total for that Kiryu, at least I'll be done with that character. Can't imagine a better representation of him in plastic and I love the fully-armed look.

Maybe it's X-Plus basically having a monopoly on this sort of thing right now so they charge cuz they know they're it, really, there's no other mass released product like theis from anyone else right now so what option do people have.

I just can't wait for Toy Fair in February when the big merchandising onslaught around Godzilla 2014 should hit.

blogger-image--608935456.jpg

blogger-image-1630432323.jpg

blogger-image-767920752.jpg

That G2K Godzilla on the show floor, his neck looks rather long, don't remember it being like that.

You mean the one above?

That one is based on the maquette for G2K, the suit made for the film came out quite different from it, but Bandai seems to be using Sakai for all of the Monsterarts figures and he sculpted the G2K maquette so they probably opted to go for what was meant to be. Plus the maquette design may lend itself better to the articulation, I can't imaginge how poseable the neck would be based on the actual suit.

You mean the one above?

That one is based on the maquette for G2K, the suit made for the film came out quite different from it, but Bandai seems to be using Sakai for all of the Monsterarts figures and he sculpted the G2K maquette so they probably opted to go for what was meant to be. Plus the maquette design may lend itself better to the articulation, I can't imaginge how poseable the neck would be based on the actual suit.

Yup, that's it.

Thanks for explaining the differences from the movie. :hi5:

Sadly Sideshow seems to be done selling Monsterarts, I have about $35 in reward money I'd love to use.

Dang, I have $126.50 SS points, would love to use for my first Godzilla.

Yup, that's it.

Thanks for explaining the differences from the movie. :hi5:

Dang, I have $126.50 SS points, would love to use for my first Godzilla.

They have some In Stock but G95 is the last new one up, no '64, Biollante or G2K, no Kong either, was hoping to get him.

As for the G2K, one name to know and admire in the world of Godzilla, Yuji Sakai, the absolute best Godzilla sculptor for authenticity to the movie you will ever see, and his work is so good he did the design for G2K and has done the sculpts for every Monsterarts figure, he's just amazing, there's a book of many of his works called Godzilla Dream, just stunning stuff. Apparently he sells stuff himself but I have no idea where you could order it from but it's some of the best out there.

They have some In Stock but G95 is the last new one up, no '64, Biollante or G2K, no Kong either, was hoping to get him.

As for the G2K, one name to know and admire in the world of Godzilla, Yuji Sakai, the absolute best Godzilla sculptor for authenticity to the movie you will ever see, and his work is so good he did the design for G2K and has done the sculpts for every Monsterarts figure, he's just amazing, there's a book of many of his works called Godzilla Dream, just stunning stuff. Apparently he sells stuff himself but I have no idea where you could order it from but it's some of the best out there.

Godzilla Dream. :rotfl

Anyone own Gamera figures.

I'm watching Iris right now, the human casualty carnage is insane in this one when Gamera first shows up.

Just brutal stuff, more disturbing than anything in any Godzilla movie.

I love the conflicting dynamics of some people calling Gamera a savior and protector of Earth while the girl sees Gamera as her parents killer.

A little boy is lucky to not die in the initial attack and tells his mother that Gamera saved him then the next scene shows an entire city on fire. :lol

Godzilla Dream post 352 in link. :wink1:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74274&page=9

Working! Man, Mechani-Kong was always my favorite as a kid! I would never have guessed they would have made him, this is great news! Maybe we can even see the Gargantuas at some point or other of the more obscure monsters!

Back