Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well so long as hes no longer "Godzilla" and just another member of the Monster Island gang I can accept him.....sorta.

What do you think has the best chance of being made in the next year; GMK Godzilla, Zilla, Godzilla 2014 or Jet Jaguar?

What do you think has the best chance of being made in the next year; GMK Godzilla, Zilla, Godzilla 2014 or Jet Jaguar?

Godzilla 2014, they're sticking to the Hesei era mainly, G2K is based on the maquette and may have been chose for visual similarities to the Legendary Godzilla and Bandai is the main toy maker for Godzilla 2014 so I'm sure they'll want figures in multiple lines of theirs.

I really want to see the new trailer for the movie already. I want images of how the new Godzilla will look. Apparently he's bigger than he's ever been. I hope they bring back Godzilla because it's been so long since Final Wars.

Mothra_vs_Godzilla_poster.jpg

Just a little something for folks confused by Sakai's sculpture of '62 G vs Mothra, Toho often used alternate suit images in posters and such back then, like '54 Godzilla put in shots with Anguirus to sell Godzilla Raids Again. Sakai is such a big '62 fan it's no surprise he wanted to do a piece based on this marketing.

NECA 18" would be awesome, I'd just love to know they can do 7" or 12" too, they'll blow anything from Bandai out of the water unless Bandai steps it up. Outside of Tamashii stuff, Bandai looks very much like toys. NECA would be very close to Monsterarts, a bit less articulated, but only about $18 compared to $80+.

I am completely stoked for a NECA 18" Godzilla and I really hope Jakks' 30+ incher looks good because the idea of finally owning a truly monsterous G fig makes me giddy as a school girl. :D

Just a little something for folks confused by Sakai's sculpture of '62 G vs Mothra, Toho often used alternate suit images in posters and such back then, like '54 Godzilla put in shots with Anguirus to sell Godzilla Raids Again. Sakai is such a big '62 fan it's no surprise he wanted to do a piece based on this marketing.

Forgot about that. Good call.

I don't think I've ever seen that marketing material before. Cool! :hi5:

As nice as X-Plus is, I do feel like body mass is a sculpt weakness, making some heavier than they should be and others skinnier.

I want to thank MF, Kuzeh, GS, Bio, Boba, Centurion, and a few others for giving me the Godzilla bug.

I have always loved Godzilla since a child but never took the plunge into the collectibles arena other than the Shogun G my parents got for me (long gone).

It is time to add big G to my collection.

Thanks boys (and girls).

Where to start.

I like that G2K/GMK look and lets see what 2014 brings.

Plus I want a MG, don't know which one yet.

Now remember fellas, go easy on me, i'm not out to own every single version of all the characters like Bio. :lol

Last edited:
Spacegodzilla's up on HobbySearch for under $200... do I get him now or wait till Diamond stocks him... decisions, decisions.

I want to thank MF, Kuzeh, GS, Bio, Boba, Centurion, and a few others for giving me the Godzilla bug.

I have always loved Godzilla since a child but never took the plunge into the collectibles arena other than the Shogun G my parents got for me (long gone).

It is time to add big G to my collection.

Thanks boys (and girls).

Where to start.

I like that G2K/GMK look and lets see what 2014 brings.

Plus I want a MG, don't know which one yet.

Now remember fellas, go easy on me, i'm not out to own every single version of all the characters like Bio. :lol

Even though it's based on Sakai's maquette for G2K, the Banpresto 10" vinyl G2K is a very badass piece and relatively inexpensive.

Spacegodzilla's up on HobbySearch for under $200... do I get him now or wait till Diamond stocks him... decisions, decisions.

From what I've heard, Diamond seems like they'll take awhile getting things out and may not do everything, I'd look for the best deal now if you really want it cuz if Diamond doesn't release it, aftermarket on X-Plus is like $300+.

Back