Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigan does look like a chubby kid with skinny arms. It's pretty funny. The only one, I wish they'd done a little differently is Ghidorah. He's not terrible, but I just don't think he's squatty enough. My Banpresto bank is a good example of how it's done.

No neck though. He looks like Cerburus more than Ghidorah wtithout the necks lol.

So I saw those little Chibi Godzilla figures at my local comic shop, I was all excited and gonna get em, but they were charging almost $40 for em :horror, so I'm just going to wait and get them at TRU when I have the chance.
Ouch! Nearly double the price.

Ouch! Nearly double the price.

Yup, the usual "specialty" store markup...The sad part is it would've ended up being almost $50, because at that particular store they charge state AND city tax :horror

I usually never buy anything at that store, I just go there to check out figures in person that I have interest in. Like Hot Toys or Sideshow PF's

Yup, the usual "specialty" store markup...The sad part is it would've ended up being almost $50, because at that particular store they charge state AND city tax :horror

I usually never buy anything at that store, I just go there to check out figures in person that I have interest in. Like Hot Toys or Sideshow PF's

...then buy them online. :D

So I saw those little Chibi Godzilla figures at my local comic shop, I was all excited and gonna get em, but they were charging almost $40 for em :horror, so I'm just going to wait and get them at TRU when I have the chance.

My favorite suit!! :panic:

If I had to pick one non-evil Godzilla suit as my favorite, I'd put this number one. I'm a bit partial to Godzilla '75 since it was the first Godzilla film I have ever seen. But '68 has pretty much surpassed him.

Man, if they do a Monsterarts '84 I'll have to find some way to afford it, the likelihood seems better with all the Godzilla versions they're pumping out now, I'd even trade my '93/'94 Monsterarts G.

Fun to see the WIP shots, is that official though? It almost looks like someone making a custom out of the '64.

Yeah, Godzilla vs Hedorah was my first G movie, so that's why I'm partial to the '68, but it's also appeared DAM and 'vs Gigan, which are two of my favorites....unfortunately it was also in Godzilla's Revenge :lol...

Yeah....the costume looked so good in Destroy All Monsters. Though I have to say I like all the 60's Godzilla designs. They all would make some nice figures. Though I still don't like '67.

Man, if they do a Monsterarts '84 I'll have to find some way to afford it, the likelihood seems better with all the Godzilla versions they're pumping out now, I'd even trade my '93/'94 Monsterarts G.

Fun to see the WIP shots, is that official though? It almost looks like someone making a custom out of the '64.

There's no way a '84 won't be made. He's too iconic of a look to not be a hit with collectors.

And you might be right. But, I hope you're not. I can't read Japanese so I'm just hoping it's official I suppose.

I thought that too...but I don't think the '64 is out yet. I hope it's official :pray:

Yeah....the costume looked so good in Destroy All Monsters. Though I have to say I like all the 60's Godzilla designs. They all would make some nice figures. Though I still don't like '67.

No one likes '67 :lol

There's no way a '84 won't be made. He's too iconic of a look to not be a hit with collectors.

And you might be right. But, I hope you're not. I can't read Japanese so I'm just hoping it's official I suppose.

I don't think he was that big of a hit over here, though (1985). But yes, I hope they attempt to make the '84.

To my surprise, X-Plus did '84 twice a even though the 30cm is probably the slowest of theirs to ever sell out, I attribute some of that to pricing, with what it cost for what you get, I'm sure he feels too pricey for many since it's not one of the more popular suits, and the sculpt's off, but with Monsterarts, value for your money is very good and it'd be a Sakai sculpt so you can't lose.

I'm gonna have to get that one. I hope they do the whole Destroy All Monsters line up. It'd be expensive, but awesome.

They're definitely not worth $40. The Toys R Us I went to had plenty of them. That's definitely the way to go.

I'm gonna have to get that one. I hope they do the whole Destroy All Monsters line up. It'd be expensive, but awesome.

They're definitely not worth $40. The Toys R Us I went to had plenty of them. That's definitely the way to go.

Hell yeah! A DAM collection would be sweet, but just a dream for me.

Well I mean they've pretty much done the entire Heisei lineup. I feel like most of the Showa stuff would sell even better. I really hope they do a Mothra Larva two pack coming up.

And yeah, those little guys are neat...but not $40 neat.

Don't know if this is Monsterarts... If it is it's the worst looking one so far... IMO

scan001z.jpg

Back