Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was it you who mentioned that the reason that maquette design didn't make it into the film was the suit was lost and a different costume maker basically had to remake it from memory?

Me. I remember reading it in a few articles or books.

Don't know about any of that but I do know the sculptor of the G2K suit did the '54 bust from the DVD set.

I want this, it will be my first Godzilla.

How tall is he, doesn't say on the website.

And is Amazon better than BBTS when it comes to Godzilla?

He's about 6" tall. I've waited to get the MonsterArts guys and usually get the best deals on Amazon or Japanese retailers when they have big sales.

The product photo had me believing he was 12" and up.

What the hell am I going to do with a 6" Godzilla for christ sake. :lol

He looks amazing, but that's expensive for 6". :lol

Hell, even 12" is too small for a Godzilla figure. :lol

lol yeah no this line has been about 8 inches and less, with the exception of a couple like Ghidorah and Biollante. No Godzilla has come close and in this line at least I wouldn't get my hopes up bud.

You'll be better off waiting a few months and seeing what's getting released for the new flick.

lol yeah no this line has been about 8 inches and less, with the exception of a couple like Ghidorah and Biollante. No Godzilla has come close and in this line at least I wouldn't get my hopes up bud.

You'll be better off waiting a few months and seeing what's getting released for the new flick.

Don't get me wrong, it looks very nice.

But my mind is having a hard time accepting 6" and Godzilla in the same sentence. :lol

Yeah the size was a deterrant for me at first. Also I wasn't confident the line would go very far, but now that I see they're pretty devoted, I'm going all in and getting everything "Godzilla" they make.

You get great articulation, and despite the size, you get great detail and paint apps. Plus the materials used are really nice.

Don't get if you intend it to be a centerpiece of your godzilla collection. For that kind of thing you want x-plus....me personally? There's this 2ft almost 3ft tall Godzilla figure in a local toy shop that I drool over everytime I go in there. It costs like $1200 :lol They've started charging me for the cleanup they have to do after I leave :monkey3

Yeah the size was a deterrant for me at first. Also I wasn't confident the line would go very far, but now that I see they're pretty devoted, I'm going all in and getting everything "Godzilla" they make.

You get great articulation, and despite the size, you get great detail and paint apps. Plus the materials used are really nice.

Don't get if you intend it to be a centerpiece of your godzilla collection. For that kind of thing you want x-plus....me personally? There's this 2ft almost 3ft tall Godzilla figure in a local toy shop that I drool over everytime I go in there. It costs like $1200 :lol They've started charging me for the cleanup they have to do after I leave :monkey3

:rotfl:rotfl

appreciate the advise, that certainly is a bad *** looking 6" Godzilla. :rotfl

$75.00 for 6", that would be me if I was a male prostitute. :rotfl

The product photo had me believing he was 12" and up.

What the hell am I going to do with a 6" Godzilla for christ sake. :lol

He looks amazing, but that's expensive for 6". :lol

Hell, even 12" is too small for a Godzilla figure. :lol

Pretty much the same way I reacted last year when I found out. :lol

Don't get me wrong, it looks very nice.

But my mind is having a hard time accepting 6" and Godzilla in the same sentence. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

appreciate the advise, that certainly is a bad *** looking 6" Godzilla. :rotfl

$75.00 for 6", that would be me if I was a male prostitute. :rotfl

So i'm not being unreasonable then, whew. :rotfl

As small as it is, 6" scale is the norm for Bandai, so these figures fit in with the rest of their product. Occassionally Bandai will do figures 8-12" but it's rare and the 12" were in their American line so they look kind of so-so.

As far as the price, while it seems high, most of these figures are pretty resonably prices for the engineering feat that they are, the articulaton is quite well hidden and for Godzilla collector's, super articulated figures have long been a dream. Most figures have had basic shoulder and hip joints only, some had tail and/or head joints too, but mainly, it's a collection of non-articulated models and figures.

I appreciate the lack of articulation though, because when a sculptor chooses a perfect pose, you appreciate their skill more.

Back