Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More less than stellar pics.
031.JPG
032.jpg
035.JPG
038.jpg
029.JPG
039.jpg

Lots of unpainted kaiju. Seems like a daunting task lol how long does it take for you to paint one of them?

Lots of unpainted kaiju. Seems like a daunting task lol how long does it take for you to paint one of them?

Really depends on which monster I'm doing and what kind of frame of mind I'm in. Started doing a Desghidorah and after two days I just put it aside. Haven't touched it in months. Moved on to some 1/6 figures and then to my Lifesize Tech Noir Terminator. Too many interests.

Just recently went to my local TRU and picked up the Neca Godzilla 1984 even though the packaging says 85. Anyways it's a very nice figure for the price. Here's a quick pic I took. Don't collect too much Godzilla stuff like I use to but I sneak a couple in when I can and I really dig this one. Only issue mine came with was a weird red dot in his left side of the head. Not sure how that got there? Anyways the 84 always looked beastly. Enjoy!

Ryan

5nur92.jpg

Hey guys:

Registrations begin now for the new “Godzilla Figure Painting” class at JerseyFest Academy. This hands-on hobby class is one of many that will be occurring on August 28th, 2015 at the Marriott Hanover Hotel in Whippany, New Jersey. The classes are occurring the day before the weekend long vendor show.

Whether you’re into painting Godzilla models or repainting figures from X-Plus, Bandai, etc., this class will go over all the techniques, color theory, and products you need to achieve beautiful results.

The main instructor for this class will be expert Kaiju model painter Jon LeGrand (aka LeGrandzilla) with assistance from Robert Troch. See more information and pictures here: Godzilla Figure Painting Class at JerseyFest Academy » JerseyFestFair

godzilla-vs-biollante-still_5220bba49606ee178d342807.jpg

Hey guys:

Registrations begin now for the new “Godzilla Figure Painting” class at JerseyFest Academy. This hands-on hobby class is one of many that will be occurring on August 28th, 2015 at the Marriott Hanover Hotel in Whippany, New Jersey. The classes are occurring the day before the weekend long vendor show.

Whether you’re into painting Godzilla models or repainting figures from X-Plus, Bandai, etc., this class will go over all the techniques, color theory, and products you need to achieve beautiful results.

The main instructor for this class will be expert Kaiju model painter Jon LeGrand (aka LeGrandzilla) with assistance from Robert Troch. See more information and pictures here: Godzilla Figure Painting Class at JerseyFest Academy » JerseyFestFair

godzilla-vs-biollante-still_5220bba49606ee178d342807.jpg

which sculptor/brand version of 1989 Godzilla is shown in the picture above? It looks similar to the 1989 Godzilla featured on the December 1989 or January 1990 issue of Hobby Japan...I think for that particular model the back of the godzilla can be removed to store a Super X2 or something. If someone has that issue of HJ or know which model of Godzilla it is I'd really appreciate it...

which sculptor/brand version of 1989 Godzilla is shown in the picture above? It looks similar to the 1989 Godzilla featured on the December 1989 or January 1990 issue of Hobby Japan...I think for that particular model the back of the godzilla can be removed to store a Super X2 or something. If someone has that issue of HJ or know which model of Godzilla it is I'd really appreciate it...

That's a production still from the movie.

So why are the X Plus figures so expensive? Are they hollow? I'm really interested in the upcoming 91 but not sure spending almost $300 on a 12 inch hollow vinyl statue is really worth it, no matter how cool he looks. Just looking for more info on the line.

So why are the X Plus figures so expensive? Are they hollow? I'm really interested in the upcoming 91 but not sure spending almost $300 on a 12 inch hollow vinyl statue is really worth it, no matter how cool he looks. Just looking for more info on the line.

Yes, all the X-Plus figures (except for some limited editions) are hollow vinyl. The 91 is a little more than usual because it is from the renowned sculptor Yuji Sakai. It's part of a special series. Most of the large vinyls are under $200.

Yes, actually that is the price at Hobby Search before shipping, so not that much higher than the others.

The exchange rate is really helping out a lot these days. It's gone up about 20% in the last year or so.

Back