Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stick to only Godzillas but...damn...he looks good. I want an Anguirus and Rodan too but then i might break and get all other monsters..

I would need a whole new apartment for all the monsters they have out.��

Just the king himself takes up so much space.

You just have to be creative. Did you see the picks of my display, if you want to call it that? You just have to know how to squeeze and stack and squeeze and intertwine and squeeze........and squeeze. I think I have over 2000 assorted figures and statues in one small room. I kind of give up counting after about 300 so I don't really know for sure.

It's cool that you only collect G figures. Guess I'm just looking for someone out there as wacko as me.

Given the money, I'd go crazy, it's really what holds me back as a collector these days, I'd own so many X-Plus figures if I could afford them, it was a big deal to be able to buy the 12" tall NECA last summer.

Preorder up, September release.

NEC12719.jpg

NEC12719.jpg

NEC12719.jpg

Godzilla 6" (12" Head to Tail) Action Figure 1954 Godzilla - Godzilla Classic Godzilla (Neca)

Just ordered Sakai 1991 on ebay 250.00 free ship :rock
Thats fantastic. Be prepared to fall in love...but display him with 25cm if you got them. He looks more imposing rather than being dwarfed by the standard 30cms.

718c299b60e51b95a87c4bf7eb0951cc.jpg

Got my '68 finally.
9e2094a910dacfc01c01e04a9753b8a6.jpg

9e7fd5fba503cd686f8d257362333782.jpg

Thats fantastic. Be prepared to fall in love...but display him with 25cm if you got them. He looks more imposing rather than being dwarfed by the standard 30cms.

718c299b60e51b95a87c4bf7eb0951cc.jpg

Got my '68 finally.
9e2094a910dacfc01c01e04a9753b8a6.jpg

9e7fd5fba503cd686f8d257362333782.jpg

Can you take a shot with him nest to you 30cm?

I know he is smaller but I am curious to how much smaller.

I have 68 and he is smaller. Is he smaller then 68.

Not a big deal in all honesty. I love the sculpt. I almost ordered it from ami ami a bunch of times and then when I decided to t was Sold out. Getting it for the same price now. Got lucky :)

Funny Spawn... You pic of all your 30cm are the same ones I own. Selling my 2003 and 1991 to fund this one though.

Can you take a shot with him nest to you 30cm?

I know he is smaller but I am curious to how much smaller.

I have 68 and he is smaller. Is he smaller then 68.

Not a big deal in all honesty. I love the sculpt. I almost ordered it from ami ami a bunch of times and then when I decided to t was Sold out. Getting it for the same price now. Got lucky :)

Funny Spawn... You pic of all your 30cm are the same ones I own. Selling my 2003 and 1991 to fund this one though.
The closest pic I have at the moment is him next to the 12 inch neca godzilla which is about 30cm

6fe8cbfe138eb0916b28b6ad562d6584.jpg

Since its a resin kit turned vinyl he shrunk a bit like the sakai '89 he stands at about 27cm tall. He's glorious. But he's very noticeably shorter.

The closest pic I have at the moment is him next to the 12 inch neca godzilla which is about 30cm

6fe8cbfe138eb0916b28b6ad562d6584.jpg

Since its a resin kit turned vinyl he shrunk a bit like the sakai '89 he stands at about 27cm tall. He's glorious. But he's very noticeably shorter.

He's like a little baby Godzilla... :)

Don't care... Love the sculpt :)

I guess cuz I collect all scales, for me exact size doesn't matter so much as how it looks. Some of my most favorite Godzillas are 8" tall or smaller.

Doing a little work on my GBG. Reposition the legs, added melt down effects to neck and deepened some of the red and orange tones. Now adding some more accurate paint schemes and after that, going to do some oil dry brushing.
747ad7062c0ed1887949a13c4eebec74.jpg

How did you reposition the legs??? Looks so much better.

I guess cuz I collect all scales, for me exact size doesn't matter so much as how it looks. Some of my most favorite Godzillas are 8" tall or smaller.

Yeah, I'm all over the board too.

Sorry people, if you're only collecting certain Godzilla pieces because they are all the same exact size, you are missing out. I totally understand that they look good displayed next to each other (and they do quite honestly), but it doesn't truly make sense since they are mostly out of scale with respect to each other anyway. 12" is not a scale, it's a size. The only way it makes sense is if you are comparing the actual suits to each other which were all the same size.

If you're going to be getting that Destoroyah that's coming up because it's 12" tall, make sure you get the matching 10" 95G when it comes out as well, and it will. They need to be together. It would be a shame to pass, especially if they never do a 12 version.

How did you reposition the legs??? Looks so much better.

I heated them up slowly and got them the way I wanted. I then mounted him to a board and held him in place with zip ties. I filled the body with heavy duty expandable foam. I then drilled both feet in the bottom and filled the legs with resin(you must seal every seam as it will leak all over the body if you don't). The resin filled the space between the inner shell and outer body. It cured white and helped create more realistic looking burning effects. It was not easy at all but I really liked the way it turned out.

I heated them up slowly and got them the way I wanted. I then mounted him to a board and held him in place with zip ties. I filled the body with heavy duty expandable foam. I then drilled both feet in the bottom and filled the legs with resin(you must seal every seam as it will leak all over the body if you don't). The resin filled the space between the inner shell and outer body. It cured white and helped create more realistic looking burning effects. It was not easy at all but I really liked the way it turned out.

My goodness.... Well I am out... Much too hard for me :lol

It looks great though. My only issue with it was the legs and how "baggy" they look. Your fix is perfect though. Great job!

Back