Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Yeah that 3' kaiyodo is killer!
They re-released it in the last 5 years...but if they did it as a built up figure, I'm all over that!

I love the kits, and it's not that I couldn't build one if I really wanted to, but it's just that I have this great appreciation for a well executed mass produced product that had awesome quality and appearing to have the fine touch of a custom build! ( Like hot toys figures )

I think that's why I love japanese toys in general.... Especially the vinyls, since they don't make thousands upon thousands of these pieces...
many of them only number in the hundreds or tens....

Luckily I have a friend that paints and builds models to have done mine, I would have done ok on my own but he did a great job.

Found a picture of a painted ver of the original resin kit. Thought I'd share for people's reference
004_3_lb.jpg012_4_lb.jpg

Doing a little work on my GBG. Reposition the legs, added melt down effects to neck and deepened some of the red and orange tones. Now adding some more accurate paint schemes and after that, going to do some oil dry brushing.
747ad7062c0ed1887949a13c4eebec74.jpg

I like the look of it. I got a MaxFactory Sakai Gamera III recently for around $300 and really want an appropriately sized G to complement it....I guess the giant burning G would be best option but it's out of my budget at this time....and wondering if the Sakai 91 would look too similar to the 30cm 89. Decisions decisions...IMAG4217.jpg

That resin kit reminds me of this custom painted hazawagumi vinyl figure- but it's my belief this figure is based on the 91 bandai 14". Even though this is an 89 toyimage.jpg

7c608ac14840a58d1f69922f375c3bab.jpg

281da85970e5018a25feb7b060acdd59.jpg

9cd034c1c5fe4dceaff22df95b4c4f14.jpg

fe078da621b74252cfb71e0cf34879af.jpg

Just some quick, fun in-house pictures. The shadows really make him look so imposing. He's perfection. His stand is a little blah though.

Get him Jye. He's a must. I wish he was a bit bigger but as far as the detail, pose and presence go...he might be the best "30cm" they ever made.

c9e66da14ffd8590e507a5c46fceafff.jpg

Havent brought mine out yet but saw this on fb. This figure reminds me just how much I love this suit. I think its his best look ever...better than '64 (slightly) and better than 2014.

The 89/91 is one of the most evil, powerful looking in the series, I love it, never could really get behind 92-94 because to me they're weak versions of the design. At least 95 restored all those qualities before the series went on hiatus.

I agree with you 100%. They were like puffier, more teddy bearish looking designs of it. Less muscular and more cankles. The face didn't have murderous intentions like how he did when he came out the sea to engage King Ghidorah or when he came out of the volcano in '89. I love the roar too...shame they shed it for the higher pitched "realistic" one.

I agree with you 100%. They were like puffier, more teddy bearish looking designs of it. Less muscular and more cankles. The face didn't have murderous intentions like how he did when he came out the sea to engage King Ghidorah or when he came out of the volcano in '89. I love the roar too...shame they shed it for the higher pitched "realistic" one.

The roar after 91 got ridiculous, it worked in the showa era but those suits were so slender, the Heisei era was about power and the roar just didn't fit with the suit. The eyes went more kid friendly too and went back to an almost muppet like quality, I love how on the 89/91, they almost look black most of the time.

Back