Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godzilla is my one area where I splurge. I have very little star wars, I have the power rangers SH lineup but that's all complete. I have a Kratos statue coming from God of War. I want a nice Predator figure one day. But Godzilla is the only one where I'll have like a good chunk of the incarnations and the characters...though I'm thinking of selling off my SHMA collection.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like the quiet intense look too, I'm actually picking about the snarling face, I feel some products go too extreme with it, but there are a few shots in the movie I just love.

My X-Plus G-14 showed up today:

Paint was sloppy on mine, but an hour's retouching made me a heck of a lot happier. Of particular note was the horrendous wash on the teeth. Almost all of his teeth on the right side were black. Oh well, here are the comparison shots I promised:

It's interesting, but he photographs very well, almost better than he looks in hand. Since I was able to touch him up successfully, I'm happy I got him.

When you see them side by side, NECA doesn't seem to fair as poorly as just looking at X-Plus. I will say, the sculpt feels softer on NECA, and X-Plus is leaps better in paint, but overall depiction, they're stand pretty well toe to toe. Being currently unable to get the X-Plus, I feel good about having NECA.

For me XP annihilates the Neca :(

Well he has a bigger package that's for sure :lol

G14d_zpszeohkrmm.jpg

Don't get me wrong, if I could afford either one and didn't have one yet, I'd pick the X-Plus, overall I like more of what it offers, but I'm surprised at how well NECA holds up against it, for me, by nature of their work, I'd have expected X-Plus to be miles beyond, but I feel like X-Plus is almost a more refined version.

I'm happier having NECA 2014 and not X-Plus than I'd be having the X-Plus original '89 vs the Sakai '89.

I love Neca godzilla's face but the detail just feels so much inferior...and that back/spine gap is horrid.

Well he has a bigger package that's for sure :lol

G14d_zpszeohkrmm.jpg

Don't get me wrong, if I could afford either one and didn't have one yet, I'd pick the X-Plus, overall I like more of what it offers, but I'm surprised at how well NECA holds up against it, for me, by nature of their work, I'd have expected X-Plus to be miles beyond, but I feel like X-Plus is almost a more refined version.

I'm happier having NECA 2014 and not X-Plus than I'd be having the X-Plus original '89 vs the Sakai '89.

image.jpg

I love Neca godzilla's face but the detail just feels so much inferior...and that back/spine gap is horrid.

The gap is bad depending on the pose you want to go for but you can hide it easy enough it common poses you're likely to put it in, certainly in the X-Plus pose there's no gap at all.

Even here it's minimal and I had him pretty hunched forward.

15003590802_99f5792ffa_b.jpg

15003965465_7b3223a322_b.jpg

15379485328_27a1beb519_b.jpg

Like I said, I'm not saying NECA's better, that'd be crazy talk :lol I just think for what it cost and who made it, it holds up surprisingly well against X-Plus.

I would like to see X-Plus if they'd made the cheek area under his eyes stick out a bit more like NECA captured, it seems like a lot of Asian sculpts smooth this area out, maybe they feel like it bares too much similarity to the same part of the '98 Godzilla and they want to do away with it.

When you see them side by side, NECA doesn't seem to fair as poorly as just looking at X-Plus. I will say, the sculpt feels softer on NECA, and X-Plus is leaps better in paint, but overall depiction, they're stand pretty well toe to toe. Being currently unable to get the X-Plus, I feel good about having NECA.

I agree, and although I don't regret getting the X-Plus, the NECA was really all I needed.

I'd really love to see NECA repainted to X-Plus quality, just to see what difference it could make. If my repaint of Bandai's 10" Godzilla goes well I may try it, but I'd rather ruin a $30 vinyl if I fail than my X-Plus :lol

Well I understand your mouth troubles, but where I'm really impressed is the overall skin and especially the subtle effect of the brown chest and under his tail. NECA's is very solid and especially around the neck and head, it's a very harsh transition to the grey, plus NECA is more black with the blue wash, X-Plus' grey tone is more accurate.

I actually want to go a step further than X-Plus. In certain stills you can see scuffs to Godzilla's scales on his back, adding to the armor effect like parts can be worn out.

It's very clear that the final design was heavily inspired by American Alligators, even the skin texture on the under side of his arms and between his armored torso and back.

Yeah he looks like a croc relative with the plates down his back and arms/legs.

Back