Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DN2BHTiVAAA0BhA

Looks like Sakai ‘54 coming to the 30cm line.

Nope, these are new photos. But if you look at the Statement on the Ric site, the bad paintjob really could be the reason for the delay:

View attachment 375695

I guess that could be, though I don't know why they would allow a production sample that they weren't happy with to be displayed at a show. Why would this person even have it? I hope you are right.

I just e-mailed Jason Welling at Awesome Collector to see if he has any information on this situation.

This is why I didn't buy the ric and opted for the regular. I knew they'd screw it up.

X-Plus is pretty good at putting out quality merchandise. There was no reason to suspect there would be any problems with this. It's not like it's even the first Shin they have done.

The problem is chest and back fins parts of Gigantic Ric were made from translucent vinyl, just like 25 cm Ric. X-Plus could've painted it purple just like the prototype OR using translucent vinyl with purple vibe in it instead. Despite how it finally turns out better or worse, I will repaint it anyway.

Still, that roaring head looks great with such pose. That's what Gigantic Ric was meant to be.

Jason said first shipment delayed until Nov 20th. He isn't sure of the reason, but thinks it may have been a customs problem. That doesn't help with the paint question, but I still have to wonder why they have this piece. It obviously wasn't a mass released piece.

I think paint app on the mouth is OK. The rest... not likely. Either putting LED under it or repaint.

That is a pretty cool design, I'm not sure if it'd different enough from my 2000 special color version godzilla. Hopefully they release Kiryu heavy arms edition, I've been looking to pick that up but damn is it expensive 2nd party market.

Really? It is significantly different from that version. The head, body, arms, legs, dorsal plates, and tail are all different.
The 2000 version is based upon a maquette, and this one is based off of the movie suit.

Also, the 2002 is overall bulkier looking in the body, the 2000 maquette was pretty slim by Godzilla standards. I'm actually a little interested in this one, I had an 8" Bandai once but sold it and miss having it.

Yep for once I'm not waiting I'm getting that bad boy looks incredible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The X-Plus Death Ghidorah is also up for pre-order.

Attachments

• xps01557_2_1510300254.jpg
    xps01557_2_1510300254.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 123
  • xps01557_0_1510300252.jpg
    xps01557_0_1510300252.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 123
  • xps01557_3_1510300253.jpg
    xps01557_3_1510300253.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 125
Back