Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont know why but that poster looks badass to me and i got the chills when i first saw it aswell !

i picked up the 84 west Kenji at Gfest yesterday . Maulfan you are welcomed to it since you are the biggest 84 Fan that i know of , if not im keeping it .it cost me 80 bucks which is what you can have it for plus shipping . i believe its 18cm

Last edited:
I had fun there. Went to the movie in Park Ridge afterwards.

I picked up an X-Plus Biollante, a couple vintage style Baragons in different colors, a weird baseball super-deformed baseball Godzilla figure, super-deformed Ghidorah bank, and an old Bandai Kanegon figure. Everything was great other than the parking situation.

Here are some pictures from G-Fest. I was particularly impressed with the GMK Godzilla vs. Baragon model kit. The dealer room was pretty impressive as well. I've never seen so many Godzilla movies in one room before.

7577415620_2ae4634390_c.jpg

7577453410_48c4aca2e0_c.jpg

7577453942_197d44af6e_c.jpg

7577454364_ea25526592_c.jpg

7577415224_731147f6bf_c.jpg

7577456190_15fe8c4712_c.jpg

7577455848_ca973ea76c_c.jpg

7577482940_42d32ed152_c.jpg

7577454742_57fbe9c2a7_c.jpg

7577455456_a9acb74f41_c.jpg

Took some photos of Bandai/Bluefin's display. I also picked up the S.H.MonsterArts Little Godzilla and Space Godzilla figures, both for excellent prices. Couldn't help myself. Now I'm in for the line, but I'll only spring for my favorite monsters. Ghidorah is a must, obviously.

556593_388317391227925_450299384_n.jpg

541621_388317404561257_2100928781_n.jpg

531536_388317417894589_1362795826_n.jpg

552550_388317434561254_95613165_n.jpg

Those are great. So far I've resisted, but Ghidorah looks awesome. However, I know if I buy him I'll need Godzilla and then it all goes from there. Right now I think I'm fighting it off, but if they do the Showa series...I might be screwed.

:wave
i dont know why but that poster looks badass to me and i got the chills when i first saw it aswell !
I like it!
Simple and uncluttered.

I don't like the movie posters with too many faces on the cover or the kaiju movies that show the monsters in a "versus" pose.

This current poster does have a mysterious/dark vibe to it.
The Japanese characters, written in red, tell me they're going back to the roots. It reads, "Gojira", which everyone here already knows. :)

It actually looks like it would make a nice blu ray cover for a possible Criterion Collection of the movie. :D

Here are some pictures from G-Fest. I was particularly impressed with the GMK Godzilla vs. Baragon model kit. The dealer room was pretty impressive as well. I've never seen so many Godzilla movies in one room before.

7577415224_731147f6bf_c.jpg

What's this one? Is it a statue?

i picked up the 84 west Kenji at Gfest yesterday . Maulfan you are welcomed to it since you are the biggest 84 Fan that i know of , if not im keeping it .it cost me 80 bucks which is what you can have it for plus shipping . i believe its 18cm

That is an extremely generous offer, I am speechless at such a gesture, you're such a great person for this. That said, I do have that kit already, managed to stumble on an eBay auction years ago and he was my first non-Bandai 84. Keep him, it's a really cool kit and even if you're not a big 84 fan, it's not a 100% representation, there are touches of 54 and 84 concept maquette in it, I definitely treasure it for the sculpt quality, lots of detail, and a very unique piece among 84 collectibles.

Thanks! I think it looks great, but model kits aren't my thing. I'm on the hunt for a nice Godzilla statue, but there doesn't seem to be much out there, and I missed out on some earlier releases.

Thanks! I think it looks great, but model kits aren't my thing. I'm on the hunt for a nice Godzilla statue, but there doesn't seem to be much out there, and I missed out on some earlier releases.

You can get some of the old X-Plus polystone statues off of ebay for pretty cheap.

I'm not into model kits either. I would be if I had the skils to paint and build them, but I do not.

You can get some of the old X-Plus polystone statues off of ebay for pretty cheap.

I'm not into model kits either. I would be if I had the skils to paint and build them, but I do not.

Thanks for the tip. I'll look into it.

I did reclaim Biollante. I got it for less than I originally paid, and I don't imagine they'll ever release it in the 30 cm scale, so I figure this is probably as good as it gets. It was pretty funny when I picked it up. All the people standing around the booth freaked out when I was inspecting it before the guy at the booth boxed it up for me. One teenage kid was touching the figure and asking me questions about it. When I told him it was a little over $600, his mom told him to leave it alone. :lol

The Biollante costume was pretty great. Before that picture was taken, he and a guy dressed up as Ultraman fought each other in the hallway. They were rolling around on the ground and punching each other. Pretty funny stuff. Afterwards, Ultraman shook one of Biollante's vines as a sign of good sportsmanship.

Afterwards, we went to a screening of Godzilla vs. Destroyah at a really nice old theatre that they were putting on for G-Fest. I was pleasantly surprised that it was the Japanese subtitled version rather than the English dub.

I'll try to take some pictures of the stuff I picked up at G-Fest tomorrow evening. I'm particularly happy with this sd baseball Godzilla. He's pretty funny.

Back