Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That kit looks great. If I had the skill, I'd love to build and paint the Billiken Baragon kit, but I do not.

baragon.jpg

Obviously you guys have already seen this, especially since Sideshow is distributing it, but I just saw it in my local comicbook show and was pretty blown away. Just wish it was about twice the size:

My feelings exactly.
Admittedly, space is an issue, but I would love to see this attention to detail in a larger scale.

One drawback, however, is cut joints, ball joints, etc become much more noticeable the larger the model, which I'm not so fond of.

It'd be cool if they were in the same 8" scale of the old Bandai line, but they'd be really expensive, so 6" scale is fine by me.

Doing some late-night planning and I think I'd like to get a nice, big, definitive vinyl Godzilla for my return to the license. Bandai's doing an excellent job with their MonsterArts line, but some variety in size is always nice. The '89 or '92 suit would be great to have in a larger scale since the smaller representations tend to lose the sharpness and ferociousness of those particular designs.

Is X-Plus my only option here? If so, I'd lean toward the 30 cm '92 as it seems slightly cheaper than the '89. Then again the two seem to fluctuate, judging from eBay.
I know there's also a giant '89 from Kaiyodo, but that's way out of my price range. Just crossing that off the possibilities list now. :lol

Last edited:
keep an eye on Hobbysearch they may get the 89 back in stock since they recently started charging for them and theyll most likely get some cancellations.

keep an eye on Hobbysearch they may get the 89 back in stock since they recently started charging for them and theyll most likely get some cancellations.

Oh, nice! Thanks for the tip. I'll keep my eye out for both 30 cm figures. There's a used '92 on eBay for $220 shipped, but the seller only has 6 feedback scores and I'd rather get him new. In any case, I sent a message inquiring as to the exact condition.

In all honesty, a 30 cm GMK Goji would be nice, too. My wallet will definitely get some battle scars if I end up buying more than one of these larger-scale vinyls. My dream lineup of 12-inchers would be '89/'92 (one of the two), '99, '01, and... hell, something from the '70s. I grew up on that silly suit.

Last edited:
220 shipped sounds pretty good for a 92. just use caution. ask him everything you can think of . ask him if its a recast ? and make sure you ask if its a Vinyl 1992 30 cm Godzilla made by Xplus . if you read the description it technically describes something else. i see he has a 55 for the same price also. JUST USE EXTREME CAUTION and PAYPAL!!!

220 shipped sounds pretty good for a 92. just use caution. ask him everything you can think of . ask him if its a recast ? and make sure you ask if its a Vinyl 1992 30 cm Godzilla made by Xplus . if you read the description it technically describes something else. i see he has a 55 for the same price also. JUST USE EXTREME CAUTION and PAYPAL!!!

Will do. I asked about the condition, if it was taken out of the box, how long it was displayed (if it was), whether or not it comes with the box, etc. Hopefully the seller's response regarding the box will indicate whether or not this is legitimate. Depending on the answers, I'll ask for a confirmation that this is what he claims it is. I'm guessing the extra company names listed in the title are just there to get more views.

Re: King Kong vs Godzilla [2005 | 1998]

LOL. That's awkward. I should not be laughing at the pose should I? :rotfl:rotfl

Poor Kong. Not much more else to do when you are inconveniently (or conveniently depending on your perception) only half as tall as your opponent.

Doing some late-night planning and I think I'd like to get a nice, big, definitive vinyl Godzilla for my return to the license. Bandai's doing an excellent job with their MonsterArts line, but some variety in size is always nice. The '89 or '92 suit would be great to have in a larger scale since the smaller representations tend to lose the sharpness and ferociousness of those particular designs.

Is X-Plus my only option here? If so, I'd lean toward the 30 cm '92 as it seems slightly cheaper than the '89. Then again the two seem to fluctuate, judging from eBay.
I know there's also a giant '89 from Kaiyodo, but that's way out of my price range. Just crossing that off the possibilities list now. :lol

I have the 30 cm 92 Godzilla and I think it's a pretty impressive figure. I haven't gotten the 30 cm 89 Godzilla yet, but I think it looks even better than the 92 personally. I think there might still be a couple of stores where you can get it, but it's going to cost around $280 shipped when everything is said and done.

I was looking at his ebay store and it looks a little fishy to me as well. I was tempted to get that Godzilla 55 from him. I think it said that he had three Godzilla 55 figures available. Seemed a little weird to me.

Back