Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have experience with X-Plus as far as Legendary Godzilla goes. My favorite piece is the Gigantic 2019. If you can get your hands on that one for a decent price, I’d do that. I found it brand new for $800 a few years ago on mandrake. The other figure I have is the newest 2019 light up, where the tip of the tail lights up all the way to the eyes and mouth, which is pretty cool.
Thanks I’ll take a look

Hiya recently launched Heat Ray Godzilla Hokkaido Ver. Although its Hokkaido Ver has not been released yet:( what do you think about this
12.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Has nine figured out the difference between the Limited and reissue X-plus g-1 on sideshow yet?

Where do we get the heat ray version from?

Just got Hiya Toys Godzilla "Re-Evolved". This is my first Hiya Toys Godzilla, it's pretty good! Less articulation than Monsterarts, but it can move in ways that you expect Godzilla to move. Only "unnecessary" kung fu moves will be a challenge to do with this one. I honestly like the way it looks more than my Monsterarts Godzilla. I used to be hesitant about buying a Hiya Toys Godzilla because it's not as posable as Monsterarts, but what it's capable of doing is actually very good, so in the end, I'm not disappointed at all. I'll go buy Hiya Toys along with Monsterarts because I still love Monsterarts for their articulation (but NOT the price). This Hiya Toys Godzilla was $51 on Amazon, basically the same early prices of the original Monsterarts from a decade or so ago.

I've been debating between MonsterArts and Hiya for quite awhile.

I took the plunge into Hiya last month with the GvK Translucent Heat Ray Godzilla and couldn't be happier. I saw Burning Godzilla displayed in the Fandom booth at SDCC and lined up immediately to purchase it. I have 2014 Godzilla and Evolved Godzilla on pre-order from BBTS.

Trying to keep it strictly Godzilla but now all the other monsters look so tempting.

I own Legendary Godzilla figures from SHMA, HIYA and NECA, and of the three, I crown HIYA the winner.

PAINT
1. HIYA
2. NECA
3. SHMA

ARTICULATION
1. SHMA
2. HIYA
3. NECA

SCULPT
1. HIYA
2. NECA
3. SHMA

I will say, compared to Legendary Godzilla, SHMA's Minus One Godzilla is a much better figure and looks and feels at the level of HIYA/NECA, but their paint work still pales to both. It would be great to see HIYA tackle Minus One.

In my opinion, if HIYA and SHMA both make a given figure, I'd go HIYA every time, I'd only go with SHMA for lack of option. SHMA's added articulation isn't worth the extra money, and achieving it means aesthetic choices that hurt the overall look of the figure.

Hiya figures updated, this time is new empire kong, it will be released in Q1 2025 and now can be pre order.
0.jpg
10.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg

Grabbed a ride version of Godzilla by xplus thinking it was minus 1 at otakon. Went home and saw it was the ride version. Honestly I like it but I forgot how similar they look. You have to kinda do a deep take to see it’s not the same thing. Oh well. Still happy about it

Has nine figured out the difference between the Limited and reissue X-plus g-1 on sideshow yet?

Where do we get the heat ray version from?
Consensus is it’s the same figure, and is just sideshow’s weird differentiation for the release schedule. The limited figure is the Heat Ray version, that was exclusive to the the shonen ric store and has since sold out. May show up on Godzilla store some day in the future though

Back