Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little Godzilla is pretty pointless and I've never been a fan of his design. It doesn't fit in with the design aesthetic of the Heisei series. Kind of detracts from Godzilla vs Space Godzilla...plus, dose eyes....

Godzilla Jr. at least plays a neat role and gives Big G some motivation.

I'll still probably pick him up....eventually :lol

Oh, wait a second. I just realized I meant to say "Little Godzilla" when I originally said "Godzilla Jr." Sigh... late night and all. Okay, switch the names in my previous post. :lol
In a nutshell, what I wanted to say was that Little Godzilla, however chibi-looking he may be, is different enough from the other figures that he's worth getting. Godzilla Jr. is basically just a smaller Godzilla, which doesn't help if I'd like a more varied display.
The Minilla comparison makes more sense now.

I just think he's adorable.
240full.jpg

Baby Godzilla's also a cutie.
Baby_Godzilla.jpg

I think Godzilla Junior is the best of all the children. I mean come on, he's the only one to take on a badass monster by himself, and he actually added an emotional bit to Godzilla's character. I still find it sad when he first appears, looking for his dying father only to be killed when they are finally reunited. He's just a tragic character in my view. I do wish that he did become the monster in G2000 or something though. Would have been a nice follow up, would have explained the difference in appearance, and they could have made him angry like he blames the humans for creating Destroyah and killing his father.

Oh, wait a second. I just realized I meant to say "Little Godzilla" when I originally said "Godzilla Jr." Sigh... late night and all. Okay, switch the names in my previous post. :lol
In a nutshell, what I wanted to say was that Little Godzilla, however chibi-looking he may be, is different enough from the other figures that he's worth getting. Godzilla Jr. is basically just a smaller Godzilla, which doesn't help if I'd like a more varied display.
The Minilla comparison makes more sense now.

:lol oooh okay.

I will concede that Baby Godzilla is adorable :lol

I think Godzilla Junior is the best of all the children. I mean come on, he's the only one to take on a badass monster by himself, and he actually added an emotional bit to Godzilla's character. I still find it sad when he first appears, looking for his dying father only to be killed when they are finally reunited. He's just a tragic character in my view. I do wish that he did become the monster in G2000 or something though. Would have been a nice follow up, would have explained the difference in appearance, and they could have made him angry like he blames the humans for creating Destroyah and killing his father.

The character itself and the way it was worked into the story was indeed fantastic, I'll agree. I don't have a problem with him in the film, it's just hard justifying the purchase of a figure.

Hmph, maybe I should just make a new signature with Little Godzilla. He needs some love.

The character itself and the way it was worked into the story was indeed fantastic, I'll agree. I don't have a problem with him in the film, it's just hard justifying the purchase of a figure.

Hmph, maybe I should just make a new signature with Little Godzilla. He needs some love.

OH! I'm not buying his figure either lol 4.5 inches? Meh I'm happy with my Bandai vinyl lol

And I hated Minya in Final Wars. Atleast in the Showa series I was able to accept that his ridiculou growing/shrinking was only in a some little boy's dream and didn't really happen. But of course in Final Wars there he goes again lol.

I actually have a strong dislike for Final Wars, and not even in the typical, it's sloppy, horribly edited, and a poor mash-up of other themes in popular culture (Matrix, X-Men, Independence Day, etc.). I actually feel like the director, Ryuhei Kitamura, was mocking the series and its fans. He talked about how important Godzilla is, how serious it is, the symbolism, getting it "right", and the final movie was like a joke. I know he's a great writer and a very good director, all his other movies are pretty crazy, but I don't think he took anything serious for Godzilla.

Last edited:
OH! I'm not buying his figure either lol 4.5 inches? Meh I'm happy with my Bandai vinyl lol

And I hated Minya in Final Wars. Atleast in the Showa series I was able to accept that his ridiculou growing/shrinking was only in a some little boy's dream and didn't really happen. But of course in Final Wars there he goes again lol.

I actually have a strong dislike for Final Wars, and not even in the typical, it's sloppy, horribly edited, and a poor mash-up of other themes in popular culture (Matrix, X-Men, Independence Day, etc.). I actually feel like the director, Ryuhei Kitamura, was mocking the series and its fans. He talked about how important Godzilla is, how serious it is, the symbolism, getting it "right", and the final movie was like a joke. I know he's a great writer and a very good director, all his other movies are pretty crazy, but I don't think he took anything serious for Godzilla.

I'm with you 100%. I wouldn't say the director mocked the series, he was simply naive enough to think that combining all of those elements would actually be epic. The film is one of my least-favorites. Very misguided send-off for the big green lizard IMHO.

Perhaps. I'm not quite sure if he was mocking me or if he really felt that those are all the things that make Godzilla special. Either way, I felt insulted and incredibly out of my age range when I watched that film. The entire time I'm thinking this has to be some saturday morning show on cartoon or made for tv movie or something.

Final Wars had too much comedy for my liking, but I still enjoyed it for what it is. A campy G movie with some monster mayhem.

I especially liked the introduction of Ghidorah. I didn't see that one coming. :yess:

I strongly disliked Final Wars too. Destroy All Monsters did it a lot better in 1968. I was really hyped for it before it came out too. I bought a lot of the Bandai figures and everything.

On the subject of Little Godzilla vs. Godzilla Jr, I prefer Godzilla Jr. He's from a much better movie than Little Godzilla and he's what I would think an adolescent Godzilla should look like. Baby Godzilla looks a little too much like a cartoon character to me. I still might get the MonsterArts figure, though.

I'm pretty sure those will be included with the exclusive version only from what I've gathered, but I'm not 100% positive. This is what Google translate gives me when I translate the description on the site.

Following the 30 series Toho, Godzilla is the emergence of the total advance in the Sleaze Monster. History of mask variations from the original Godzilla, as you know, is a design Toshimitsu molding, molding to the last Yagi, and determined the "Godzilla of justice". In a little slump in the volume in the stomach, glare from the nemesis of the universe, please enjoy the Godzilla of justice. Angirasu and simultaneous release, the first time in 1955? Was unexpected and is also essential for this coupling. Minira of the set, new molding in the image close to the head more total advance version was released as version 1967. Parent and child is re-appearance of combat. Currently, at the same scale, in progress, stay tuned earnestly grounder Zaurus, also balun!

It might be a bit higher than the pre-order price on the regular, but if you really want the exclusive version, I'm pretty sure I can put you into contact with somebody who can get you one.

That '68 Godzilla is a thing of beauty. My absolute favorite design from the older films. Perfect balance of that classic flimsiness and unexplainable aesthetic appeal.

I think my first X-Plus figure will have to wait, whatwith the recent Hot Toys 1/4 announcements. I'll definitely keep up with the MonsterArts line (at least the monsters I like). So far, Burning Godzilla and Ghidorah are must-buys. A Mothra would be nice, too.

Back