Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be excellent! Send me over his details whenever you get a chance. :duff

I don't know if you have a facebook, but this is a group for X-Plus collectors. He posts there and sells the stuff from time to time. When the Godzilla 68 goes up, you should be able to contact him through there. If not, I can just ask him about it for you when they go up for sale.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/XPlusGodzillaVinylSeries/

Here are a couple pics of my X-Plus collection so far.

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

I don't know if you have a facebook, but this is a group for X-Plus collectors. He posts there and sells the stuff from time to time. When the Godzilla 68 goes up, you should be able to contact him through there. If not, I can just ask him about it for you when they go up for sale.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/XPlusGodzillaVinylSeries/

You my friend, are tremendous! :1-1:

Here are a couple pics of my X-Plus collection so far.

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

:google: :google: :google:

Amazing collection. I love the Manda :lol

You my friend, are tremendous! :1-1:

:google: :google: :google:

Amazing collection. I love the Manda :lol

The guy who sells them is Mike Johnson. I'm pretty sure he'll have that one when it goes up for sale.

Thank you. Manda is pretty great. I always wanted a figure of him and I got him on clearance which was even better.

That Angilas, Godzilla '64 and Godzilla '68 are my favorites I think. I want them to try the GMK Godzilla again. Not because it isn't accurate, but I don't like the pose.

EDIT: Gigan looks great too.

I guess I'm a sucker for the Showa designs.

My collection consists of the 30 cm, so I got rid of the 25cm one. However, I think the pose and sculpt on the smaller one was a little better.

gmk_godzilla_LL01.jpg

All the Revoltech stuff from Gamera to Godzilla is really bad imo, wait for the MonsterArts releases trust me.

I can't speak for all of them, but I have the revoltech Baragon and I think he's a really cool figure. Articulated ears and everything was a very nice touch. That being said, I'd still be very pleased if they made a MonsterArts Showa Baragon.

I've always preferred the GMK Baragon, personally. His design looked great next to Godzilla's more demonic suit and I imagine he'd display equally well with Heisei characters. The Showa Baragon's a classic, but I can't see him next to anything but '60s and '70s material. That's just me.

I like the Showa stuff the best overall. Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, etc. I think those are the best versions of the characters and Showa has always been my favorite Godzilla era.

My collection consists of the 30 cm, so I got rid of the 25cm one. However, I think the pose and sculpt on the smaller one was a little better.

gmk_godzilla_LL01.jpg

You know what my issue is, I think the GMK Godzilla looks best when he's got the mouth closed with the grimace. But nobody seems to make him like that outside of kits.

^It really does. I'm jealous. They all look taken straight out of the movies. And like Boba Ben said, the Showa series designs are just so timeless looking.

A neat little article from Monsterarts, talking about burning Godzilla and Godzilla Jr.

The film “Godzilla vs. Destoroyah” shocked Godzilla fans when it was released. Now, it’s back as part of the S.H.MonsterArts lineup!

The 1995 film “Godzilla vs. Destoroyah” is legendary among Heisei-era Godzilla films for its shocking portrayal of Godzilla's early years. Now the “Godzilla (1995)” from this film, with its out-of-control internal energy, joins Godzilla Junior in the S.H.MonsterArts series. Godzilla (1995) will be sold in stores, while Godzilla Junior will be made available as a Tamashii Web exclusive.
Both figures feature sculpting by Yuuji Sakai, who created the costumes used in the actual movies. Pre-order now to experience the quality and detail for yourself!

As the film tagline says: “Godzilla Dies.” In the film, when his internal energy source starts running out of control, the instability makes Godzilla explosive - hence the “Burning Godzilla” nickname. The fiery red detailing on his body is rendered with translucent PVC on the S.H.MonsterArts figure.

As compared to the first Godzilla figure released in the series, Godzilla (1995) features nearly all new proportions, detailing, back fins, and facial sculpting to match his appearance in “Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.” Even the claws on his hands have been modified to meet the exacting standards of Yuuji Sakai, who was part of the staff of the actual film.
S.H.MonsterArts ゴジラ(1995)

Along with the new sculpt, the joints were improved as well. In fact, the new S.H. MonsterArts figure is even more posable than the actual costume used in filming the movie!

That's not all. The figure also includes two extras: “Maser Tanks” of the sort seen in Toho SFX movies! This figure includes a normal “Heisei-era” Maser tank and one of the freeze-ray tanks from Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.

Godzilla Junior, who also appeared in Godzilla vs. Destoroyah, is also being released as an all-new figure in the S.H.MonsterArts series. This product is being offered as an limited-edition online exclusive through the Tamashii Web store.

Godzilla Junior represents the final version of the “BabyGodzilla” who first appeared in “Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II,” which grew into the “LittleGodzilla” of “Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla,” and finally achieved close to adult size after mutating on Birth Island in “Godzilla vs. Destoroyah.” Godzilla Junior is smaller than Godzilla, and features different skin tone, back spines, and overall proportions.

The theatrical version of Godzilla Junior was created by Yuuji Sakai, who made both the costume and the 1/3 scale maquette. Sakai himself created the prototype for the S.H.MonsterArts figure with the intention of re-creating the suit appearance in figural form. It is the definitive rendition of Godzilla Junior.
It also includes two helicopters that Miki Saegusa and Sayaka Ozawa used to watch over him.

Notes from Yuuji Sakai about the S.H.MonsterArts Godzilla Junior figure, and stills from the movie, are online at Premium Bandai Tamashii Web Shop. Please have a look for yourself at some commentary on a beloved member of the Godzilla series!

The veil has finally lifted from the S.H.MonsterArts “Godzilla vs. Destoroyah” series. Now you can own the two main characters from the film. But what could be next in the lineup? You'll have to wait for our next report to see for yourself!

Here's the comparison pic from the article.

claw.jpg

https://tamashii.jp/t_item/21/

TamashiiBurningG.jpg

^This pic makes my mouth water.

Speaking of which, it occurs to me from time-to-time that we never get any good (affordable) Godzilla collectibles with closed mouths. I really hope this line grows because a screen-accurate GMK, Final Wars, 1962, or 1964 Godzilla with a closed mouth pose, hopefully with a good sculpt and mean grimace, would look gnarly.

Burning Godzilla looks great in that pose.

Last edited:
Back