Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That '68 Godzilla is a thing of beauty. My absolute favorite design from the older films. Perfect balance of that classic flimsiness and unexplainable aesthetic appeal.

I think my first X-Plus figure will have to wait, whatwith the recent Hot Toys 1/4 announcements. I'll definitely keep up with the MonsterArts line (at least the monsters I like). So far, Burning Godzilla and Ghidorah are must-buys. A Mothra would be nice, too.

I'm not sure about that scale, but Revoltech made an articulated Mothra. It looks quite nice.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=KAI10312&mode=retail

I have that Mothra. Not really much articulation available except a slight tip in the wings. It is nice though--I don't know about 40-50 dollars nice. The best thing about it is its base in my opinion lol.

Picked up a Godzilla '64 x plus statue on eBay. Everything seemed new and legit, but his jaw looks really funky to me. I can't post the pic from this iPad evidently. I'll work on getting one up soon, but should there be areas where the paint is mismatched?

Last edited:
Even Anguilas and Gigan? I want them so badly.

i think he is right. the money you plan on spending on Revoltech, you are better off holding onto it and putting it towards Monsterarts. I bought Gamera when it came out and always regretted it

I have that Mothra. Not really much articulation available except a slight tip in the wings. It is nice though--I don't know about 40-50 dollars nice. The best thing about it is its base in my opinion lol.

All the Revoltech stuff from Gamera to Godzilla is really bad imo, wait for the MonsterArts releases trust me.

i think he is right. the money you plan on spending on Revoltech, you are better off holding onto it and putting it towards Monsterarts. I bought Gamera when it came out and always regretted it

:lol:lol:lol

Okay, Blade never mind. Don't get that Mothra. :lol

Just got back from the JerseyFest a couple of hours ago and scored a MonsterArts Godzilla as well as the X-Plus Godzilla vs. Biollante statue.
2012-08-03_16-51-03_570.jpg

2012-08-03_16-49-43_765.jpg

2012-08-04_17-57-12_531.jpg

Does anybody have that statue? I feel like I have to glue the tail to keep it in. It wants to keep sliding out. If I dont touch it though it's fine so I don't care too much and it seems like an easy fix either way.

Also saw that kit I posted on here before that I wanted so badly.

2012-08-04_13-08-47_38.jpg

2012-08-04_13-08-57_555.jpg

$550.

Wasn't even toying with the idea. It's beautiful in person and quite large.

^ great kit, one of the better ones there!

i'm about to post some pics of it :)

Sweet! I saw your shots in the other thread they came out fantastic. That whole table of Godzilla kits were great. Wish I took more pics! Maybe you got more.

EDIT: Holy crap! Just saw the pics in the Jerseyfest thread. Yeah, your shots of the kit are remarkable. And you got real good ones of the Angilas, Gorosaurus, and Ghidrah kits as well! All your pictures came out great but those are the kit that I wanted! Thanks for uploading!

I don't know if you saw me, I was there for a little while around 1pm wearing the Optimus Prime shirt walking around with an asian girl lol but I didn't even register to me to try to find out if anyone from the forum was there until after I had left.

Last edited:
View attachment 49746

Here's that Godzilla jaw weirdness I was talking about. What do you guys think? Is this normal, or should I be suspicious of the seller (who is some dude, not a mega-seller on eBay)?

I have an X-Plus Godzilla '65 that has the jaw hanging down like that. It's real, but it looks wonky.

I can't comment 100% on yours maybe someone else here has the same figure or has seen it, but it looks "fine" to me.

Looks okay from what I recall of that old look.

What do you mean by "old look"? Like, the old Godzilla design, or the old way that x plus made their stuff? I also have an Anguirus from Raids Again and he looks totally flawless, though his tail is annoyingly precariously connected. Might have to apply a small amount of glue to keeping from falling out.

I have an X-Plus Godzilla '65 that has the jaw hanging down like that. It's real, but it looks wonky.

I can't comment 100% on yours maybe someone else here has the same figure or has seen it, but it looks "fine" to me.

The hanging part is fine, but it's the coloration that looks off to me. Looks like a shoddy sort of patch and paint job.

Ohhhh, yeah that does look odd. What size is he? I have a Godzilla 64 but he's like 8 inches tall. If it's the same one as yours then ours are definitely different colors. You have a full body pic?

Back