Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In film, '74 Mecha Godzilla is my favorite as well. Overall, I still think the Japanese art poster for Godzilla vs, Mecha Godzilla II (1993) is the coolest design of the character ever. Talk about a letdown...

Anyway, I'm really hoping Showa is next for MA figures. But I would not mind a GMK Godzilla at all. And I still say Final Wars Goji will benefit the most from the articulation. But can you imagine a Godzilla '64??

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Got a few new additions to my MonsterArts collection today. Here's the first shelf, which is more or less finished for now...

bej4b6.jpg

...and the second shelf, anxiously awaiting King Ghidorah, Destoroyah, and [fingers crossed] Mothra, Battra, and Biollante.

rrv979.jpg

I haven't played a board game in years, but I'd give that one a try.

Blade, did you buy your regular Godzilla from Amazon and if so, did it come with the atomic breath accessory? I want because they did a second batch without the atomic breath accessory and the eyes are supposed to be painted better on those ones.

I haven't played a board game in years, but I'd give that one a try.

Blade, did you buy your regular Godzilla from Amazon and if so, did it come with the atomic breath accessory? I want because they did a second batch without the atomic breath accessory and the eyes are supposed to be painted better on those ones.

I did buy it from Amazon and it came without an atomic breath accessory. The eyes look great, but I still wish he came with everything the original release had. I wouldn't be complaining if the atomic breath Rodan came with had a peg hole so I could support it on one of the plastic stands. As-is, it can easily slide out of Godzilla's mouth and fall off the shelf.

Here are some more pics of Monsterarts Destroyah. He's apparently going to cost $150. Too much for a 6" scale figure in my opinion.

1348920490582.jpg

663976143.jpg

azbc3y.jpg

663920342.jpg

664002819.jpg

664273379.jpg

Yea to high and i hate destroyah. He murdered The big G or was in the movie where godzilla was killed in. Technically the army killed him but anyway. I was sad after watching this.

I didn't expect him to cost more than Ghidorah, but they're probably testing the waters with the prices. Plus who knows what accessories he'll come with?

My Monsterarts King Ghidorah was posted a couple of days back, shipping was nearly as much as the figure lol

Hoping its worth the cash! Will put up pics as soon as it arrives :D

I had wanted to get all the different monsters in this line but I never cared about Destroyah and theres no way Im dropping that kinda cash on him. As is I think this line as a whole is vastly overpriced.

I didn't expect him to cost more than Ghidorah, but they're probably testing the waters with the prices. Plus who knows what accessories he'll come with?

Yeah, at that price, it would be nice if he came with the Aggregate Destroyah form.

Wait for the release.
Srsly after that I can't even blame Sideshow for their Q.

What do you mean? Are you referring to the production piece not being as good as the proto?
I've been pretty happy with the other ones I have. Godzilla and Spacegodzilla are notably well done.

Last edited:
Yeah, at that price, it would be nice if he came with the Aggregate Destroyah form.

Godzilla and Spacegodzilla are notably well done.

My recent MonsterArts haul was purchased entirely from Amazon. Certain figures like Godzilla and Mechagodzilla were relatively cheap ($50-$60), but Moguera was around $70-$80. I bought him anyway and wondered why he'd never been discounted -- then I received the figure and got my answer: the thing comes loaded with alternate body parts for flying poses, alternate weapons and intricate mechanisms to switch between them, stands and environmental bases, etc. Not to mention the diecast parts and the fact that the whole thing can be disassembled and reassembled for whatever display you want.
My point is that it may only be 6" tall, but the attention to detail, articulation, translucent plastic materials, and display options make it feel almost like a really small HT figure. Hence the price.

Having that said, I can't imagine why Destoroyah would cost so much money. I assume he'll come with some sort of projectile/attack effect, plus some environmental crap. An bonus Aggregate version would be ideal because even with the projectile addition, there's no reason why this should cost more than Ghidorah. Unless they're charging extra for the more elaborate paint scheme, which kind of makes sense since the only remotely complex character they've done up until now [paint-wise] was SpaceGodzilla, but he was a regular-sized figure so the MSRP was roughly $80 for him.

My recent MonsterArts haul was purchased entirely from Amazon. Certain figures like Godzilla and Mechagodzilla were relatively cheap ($50-$60), but Moguera was around $70-$80. I bought him anyway and wondered why he'd never been discounted -- then I received the figure and got my answer: the thing comes loaded with alternate body parts for flying poses, alternate weapons and intricate mechanisms to switch between them, stands and environmental bases, etc. Not to mention the diecast parts and the fact that the whole thing can be disassembled and reassembled for whatever display you want.
My point is that it may only be 6" tall, but the attention to detail, articulation, translucent plastic materials, and display options make it feel almost like a really small HT figure. Hence the price.

Having that said, I can't imagine why Destoroyah would cost so much money. I assume he'll come with some sort of projectile/attack effect, plus some environmental crap. An bonus Aggregate version would be ideal because even with the projectile addition, there's no reason why this should cost more than Ghidorah. Unless they're charging extra for the more elaborate paint scheme, which kind of makes sense since the only remotely complex character they've done up until now [paint-wise] was SpaceGodzilla, but he was a regular-sized figure so the MSRP was roughly $80 for him.

Destroyah's flying form looks quite different from his standing. Maybe they'll include swappable parts ala Moguera.

If Destroyah's price IS indeed $150 then Biollante will be $180-$200 easy....:(

Back