Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1717599218046.png

I was never much of a Godzilla fan (at least since I was a kid) but after finally getting to see Godzilla Minus One I NEED this figure! That movie blew me away and the realization of the Godzilla monster was spot on for me, right down to the look of the eyes.

View attachment 706141
I was never much of a Godzilla fan (at least since I was a kid) but after finally getting to see Godzilla Minus One I NEED this figure! That movie blew me away and the realization of the Godzilla monster was spot on for me, right down to the look of the eyes.

Man, it was all about the eyes lol. You could just see that he had ill intentions in those eyes. He knew what he was doing!

It makes me almost wish they just stopped the story with this one, it's so perfect. I have that S.H. Monster arts figure pre-ordered. It's pricey for a 6" figure, but it boasts some decent articulation for the design so I'm hoping it proves worth the money. This will be the first Godzilla figure I've owned since that old Shogun figure way back when. :oops:

Really wish I still had that one.
1717676099502.png

Man, it was all about the eyes lol. You could just see that he had ill intentions in those eyes. He knew what he was doing!

It makes me almost wish they just stopped the story with this one, it's so perfect. I have that S.H. Monster arts figure pre-ordered. It's pricey for a 6" figure, but it boasts some decent articulation for the design so I'm hoping it proves worth the money. This will be the first Godzilla figure I've owned since that old Shogun figure way back when. :oops:

Really wish I still had that one.
View attachment 706449

I was talking to my older half brother the other day and learned that he has not one, but TWO Shogun Godzillas with their boxes and the fists attached. He’s 15 years older than me, and apparently his grandma was a massive Godzilla fan, so she bought him one for her house and one for his. He said they’re stashed away somewhere in his mom’s garage. I’m sure you could imagine how shocked I was lol.

I was talking to my older half brother the other day and learned that he has not one, but TWO Shogun Godzillas with their boxes and the fists attached. He’s 15 years older than me, and apparently his grandma was a massive Godzilla fan, so she bought him one for her house and one for his. He said they’re stashed away somewhere in his mom’s garage. I’m sure you could imagine how shocked I was lol.
Two you say? One for you, and you know who'll be happy to get the other.. 😌

Anyway, a good friend o mine just returned from Japan, and she bought me a gift. She said, "I can't bring any of those big ass Godzilla toys, but I got you this.."

f29936aa-694f-4574-b2c8-5fce37d3bccf.jpeg

I kid you not, it's a Godzilla skin wallet!! XD

f2c39c49-9338-4fad-82ee-49c5c51d267f.jpeg

So apparently what I have pre-ordered now is the Godzilla Minus -1 SH MonsterArts B&W version. I've been watching some reviews online and the opinions towards SH Monster arts seems to be mixed, especially towards the color G-1 version available now; so much so I decided to also pre-order the Super7 Ultimates version. I'm deciding weather to keep the SH Monster arts pre-order and was wondering if it's possible the company will use this second B&W version to address certain issues (e.g. the eyes) or should I expect the same figure everyone is reviewing now, but just in a gray scale coloring?

1717851705165.png

I am so happy that my Shin Godzilla deforeal collection has been restored. I needed to sell mine during 2022 and 2023 and have spent the past month trying to rebuild the collection. Managed to buy them at great prices in the FB group and I received the final one from Mandarake yesterday.

PXL_20240608_172437240~2.jpg

I am so happy that my Shin Godzilla deforeal collection has been restored. I needed to sell mine during 2022 and 2023 and have spent the past month trying to rebuild the collection. Managed to buy them at great prices in the FB group and I received the final one from Mandarake yesterday.

View attachment 706989

Happy to see that you were able to restore your collection!

View attachment 706989
Lovely!! Congrats on the successful restoration, R!

Define “affordable”. What’s your price range?
Good point. Up to 800? I actually did a deep dive last night and came up with the x-plus Minus one, but had to get on the wait list at sideshow for the collectors edition...

Although I can't see what the difference is between that and the "re run"

That GIANT series x-plus is super tempting, but they all seem to be well over 2k on the secondary market for the 2019.

Any bets on if they make a 2023 in the Giant series?

Although I can't see what the difference is between that and the "re run"
I just looked at the Sideshow listings and have no idea what they mean by Collector's Edition or Re-Run variant. The edition size on the collector's version is confusing too. They both look like the standard version.

As far as I'm aware, the only versions that exist are the standard version and the RIC version, which has blue dorsal fins. Both figures went up for preorder twice on the Ric store, with the latter batch due to release a couple of months after the first batch, so maybe Sideshow is simply listing batch one and batch two with strange wording.

I just looked at the Sideshow listings and have no idea what they mean by Collector's Edition or Re-Run variant. The edition size on the collector's version is confusing too. They both look like the standard version.

As far as I'm aware, the only versions that exist are the standard version and the RIC version, which has blue dorsal fins. Both figures went up for preorder twice on the Ric store, with the latter batch due to release a couple of months after the first batch, so maybe Sideshow is simply listing batch one and batch two with strange wording.
This was my assumption as well.

Maybe they are attempting a "first edition" type of scarcity thing? Like with books?

Used to be this way in the modeling community, you wanted early model releases because the thought was the molds lost definition over time.

So apparently what I have pre-ordered now is the Godzilla Minus -1 SH MonsterArts B&W version. I've been watching some reviews online and the opinions towards SH Monster arts seems to be mixed, especially towards the color G-1 version available now; so much so I decided to also pre-order the Super7 Ultimates version. I'm deciding weather to keep the SH Monster arts pre-order and was wondering if it's possible the company will use this second B&W version to address certain issues (e.g. the eyes) or should I expect the same figure everyone is reviewing now, but just in a gray scale coloring?

I would expect to get the same thing collectors got with the colored version, just black and white.

Remains to be seen how well the Super 7 will turn out.

I'm happy with my SHMA Minus One figure. I'm adding paint to the skin out of my own person want and because I have the ability, but the stock figure is fine. My eyes came out good.

Back