gohastings.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
o_O why are these items so cheap... are they used? (sorry never bought from here before)

There's a risk and possibility that they may be used or opened, yes.

There's also the same chance of getting a brand new figure for them. If you were to get a used or damaged one, I'm sure returns are possible correct (for anyone here that's bought from them).

I know they had a nack for selling used, faded store display items or figures with missing parts. Don't think that's been an issue recently though.

For anyone that's bought Hot Toys from them before. Do they come sealed in the hot toys brown mailing shipper box? Just curious.

i've seen people get them with brown shippers (DX Jack Sparrow), but all the figures I've bought from them, I have never received a brown shipper. I've ordered around 10 figures from them

Do none of you guys have to pay tax on these? That really jacks up the price to the point where they are just barely better deals than going through BBTS or eBay.

It's hit or miss. I have a Hastings here, so I get hit with sales tax.

Also I hope no one expects a mint figure in a mint package.

There's really no way of knowing if it's been opened if it's a DX since there isn't a seal to cut.

Unless just the DX figures come in sealed brown mailer boxes.

Damn. Now I'm regretting my purchase.

Their CS is easy to deal with. If you're not happy you send it back. Maybe be out a few bucks for shipping if its because of your personal taste and not due to damage.

I love these guys even though once they sent me a 3" Obi-Wan instead of the SSC figure. :lol:lol

Have you had issues with your figures from them?

Edit: I guess it's worth giving them a shot. They have a "100% product guarantee!" Says new means new. I guess I'll be the judge of that.

Aside from the above weird issue, no. Every figure I've ever gotten from them was mint and its probably be over 10 items.

I still get a chuckle out of my Obi-Wan experience. I can't remember exactly how much I got the SSC Clone Obi-Wan for. Maybe like $50 so I was stoked. Get there and its a big enough box, but I pick it up and its light as a feather. Open it and its a freaking HASBRO 3" Clonobi.

Well I was looking at Naked Snake. I've seen him go $190-200 shipped on eBay recently. Hastings is $185 shipped, so. . .not a great deal. If you're comparing prices to what Sideshow charges, then sure. And with all of that you have to risk getting an opened figure or extremely damaged box. Just not worth the hassle to me. Maybe the deal is better with Snake Eyes.

Yeah, the problem with Hastings is they seem to be one of the few retailers that does not automatically charge 10% below retail. So for me I'm paying full retail and an additional 8.25% which generally negates anything under a 20% off... 25% is tempting, but anything I wanted (or didn't already have) seems to suffer from their new "secondary market" pricing strategy.

I've bought several items (SS/HT) through gohastings. There was only one time things didn't go right. I ordered Mark 5. Everything seemed okay when I got it. I opened the box and all the accessories where in there except for the figure. Called them up they just said to box it back up and sent it back. They are not set up to send you a replacement. They said I could order another one online. I didn't want to do that because the sale they had was over and they wouldn't be able to honor the sale price.

I have sent several things back to Hastings over the years (including an Indy PF that I was really sad to see go, but it had a stain). Like Jack says, you box it up, print out a USPS label, and send it back. Oddly, they don't use tracking for stuff you send back (or never have in my case). You can get confirmation you dropped it off at USPS, but have to pay a dollar for it or something, and still you get no tracking. Weird, as I've never had another retailer do that.

If they send you the wrong CD (frequently), they'll usually just tell you to keep it.

Including CDs/DVDs, I've probably ordered 50 times from Hastings. Quality is hit-or-miss on new and used. But customer service is always very predictable and good.

Back