gohastings.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well with their "product guarantee" I don't think I'll be disappointed. The figure didn't say used or second hand. Fingers crossed.

The figures aren't "used" technically. Some are opened and displayed at their stores. And some of those displayed figures are then repacked and shipped out to customers.

But you get a new figure more often than not.

Returns are super easy with them, they provide a free label. They say they don't refund the shipping cost you paid, but for some reason they do refund most of it... you only lose like a dollar or two max.

Based on the feedback I've received today, I have a 50/50 shot at receiving a perfect figure MIB or a good figure in a beat up box or a "displayed" figure in a mint box or a "displayed" figure in a beat up box.

Probably why it was so cheap. Damn.

But you get a new figure more often than not.

Returns are super easy with them, they provide a free label. They say they don't refund the shipping cost you paid, but for some reason they do refund most of it... you only lose like a dollar or two max.

Yeah, you really have nothing to lose. You are most likely going to get a new figure. The box might have some shelf wear. Your experience with them is really going to depend on what kind of collector you are; MIMB, MIB, etc.

I'm a MIB kind of person, but some shelf ware on a non-displayed figure is perfectly fine.

Ok I'm done spamming the heck out of this thread now. I thoroughly appreciate everyone's input.

Will provide my experience once I receive the figure. Just couldn't pass up $127 shipped for the SS Boba Fett. Had my eye on that figure for a while and just never pulled the trigger.

Based on the feedback I've received today, I have a 50/50 shot at receiving a perfect figure MIB or a good figure in a beat up box or a "displayed" figure in a mint box or a "displayed" figure in a beat up box.
I would say the odds are you'll get something in pretty good condition. Rarely have I had something really beat to hell or opened.

Just dropped $660 for Bespin Luke, Batpod, Boba Fett and a Neca 1/4 P2 shipped. Not a bad haul at all! Now I need to go sell stuff to get some of that money back.

Just got a Bat Pod and Crimson Guard for $303...was waiting to find good deals on both so this worked out perfect :yess:

Really on the fence about whether I should order the DX Bespin Luke or not.

I ordered a SCC Stormtrooper and a Hot Toys Hellboy on one of their 30% off sales a few years back. Both figures look great on my shelves and to my knowledge, both boxes looked fine. I mean, the boxes weren't 100% perfect, but I didn't plan on keeping them in there anyway.

I was looking in the thread however, and I've heard some mixed results recently with the HT Nick Fury and some other figures. I mean, I got that Hellboy for a ridiculous $110 and the Stormtrooper for around $60. The Luke, with discount, is around $225 - that's a lot of money to be investing in something that may come damaged or used!

Really on the fence about whether I should order the DX Bespin Luke or not.

I ordered a SCC Stormtrooper and a Hot Toys Hellboy on one of their 30% off sales a few years back. Both figures look great on my shelves and to my knowledge, both boxes looked fine. I mean, the boxes weren't 100% perfect, but I didn't plan on keeping them in there anyway.

I was looking in the thread however, and I've heard some mixed results recently with the HT Nick Fury and some other figures. I mean, I got that Hellboy for a ridiculous $110 and the Stormtrooper for around $60. The Luke, with discount, is around $225 - that's a lot of money to be investing in something that may come damaged or used!

I was tempted by the Luke, but as much as $225 is a deal (can't believe I typed that) I didn't bite.

That's a good deal for one the the greatest 1/6 figures of all time. I'd take the chance. Worst case scenario, you have to send it back and you get your full refund.

I know some have a problem with figures that were displayed in a Hastings store before, but I've bought a lot of stuff and that's happened very rarely. Most were in sealed boxes with mild shelf wear. My Whiplash had been displayed, but I kept him anyway. No problems with him.

I think newer figures like Luke, Batman, DX 10 Terminator and a few others have a better chance of being MIB, sealed and brand new as opposed to, say Black suit Spider-Man, Iron Man MK II or the Tracker Predator who have say around.

I'd take the chance. I mean it's not like you won't be able to tell someone took it out or it was on display, everyone here knows what to look for. I'm sure when they put it back in the box, the plastic wrappings aren't exact or packaging parts are missing, etc. Worst case you get a replacement or refund if you're not happy with their "100% new collectible" policy.

I looked through this topic, and it does seem 50/50. Some have gotten displayed, used/opened items, others have gotten brand new figures. I think people have pretty good chance of getting a brand new, sealed, Jack Joker, Bespin Luke, DX 10 T-800, Batman, Batpod, etc.

Do they or have they been restocking these figures?

DX bats and DX terminator have been out all day

I jumped the gun and impulse bought the DX12. I didn't even think about Luke until after I had made the payment.

I was excited about getting the DX12 to go with the Batpod that the impulse didn't allow me to think "hmmm, I wonder what other figures they have in stock?". Nope, didn't even think. as soon as I read in the DX12 thread gohastings had a sale and had him in stock I went directly to checkout. If I would have read it in the Bespin Luke thread i'd probably have bought Luke. LOL

Oh well, hopefully I can pick him up another time.

Do they or have they been restocking these figures?

DX bats and DX terminator have been out all day

Usually with gohastings once it's sold out it's sold out. You just need to keep checking back, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
From what I gather from other boardies they don't have a warehouse. They tend to ship stuff out from individual stores. Don't know how factual that is 'cause everytime I've ordered items from them they've all come from Amarillo, TX.

The crappy thing is their promo codes are only online sales. I have 30 miles away from me so I would so drive to get what I want. And the tax rate there is lower so even with the cost of gas I would have saved at least 15 bucks and wouldn't have to wait for the item to arrive. Sucks that they don't do ship to store at all. that would save on shipping.

I think newer figures like Luke, Batman, DX 10 Terminator and a few others have a better chance of being MIB, sealed and brand new as opposed to, say Black suit Spider-Man, Iron Man MK II or the Tracker Predator who have say around.

I'd take the chance. I mean it's not like you won't be able to tell someone took it out or it was on display, everyone here knows what to look for. I'm sure when they put it back in the box, the plastic wrappings aren't exact or packaging parts are missing, etc. Worst case you get a replacement or refund if you're not happy with their "100% new collectible" policy.

I looked through this topic, and it does seem 50/50. Some have gotten displayed, used/opened items, others have gotten brand new figures. I think people have pretty good chance of getting a brand new, sealed, Jack Joker, Bespin Luke, DX 10 T-800, Batman, Batpod, etc.

No mention of Boba Fett!?! So I am in the 50/50 chance of a "displayed" item?
:panic: :panic: :panic:

Hmm wonder if the order on the Batpod will go through. If you already ordered it under the discounted price it says "Out of Stock" ... and right above the order it says "FAQ: Status Out of Stock? Lucky you! You got the last one!"

But the item page allows you to stick them in your cart and does not say it is out of stock.

:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

Back