Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope SS does the Lizard or Scorpion next. XM's got me locked down with their version of the Sinister Six.

Had to dig this up from 4 pages back!!!??? Unbelievable. Anyhow, hoping SS shows/releases this during Spook, or their excuse for not having the time to add classic Goblin portrait will smell like total BS.

probably got stuck on the same back shelf as the Hulk vs wolverine dio that was promised some years ago......

Not quite the same, as Hulk vs Wolverine dio was strongly hinted at (promised?), but never showcased. As for this new GG pf, SS acknowledged it's pending release, the only question is when?:impatient::impatient::impatient: Spook should be the logical launch, but with SS the mystery & bafflement, regrettably, continue.:dunno

Not quite the same, as Hulk vs Wolverine dio was strongly hinted at (promised?), but never showcased. As for this new GG pf, SS acknowledged it's pending release, the only question is when?:impatient::impatient::impatient: Spook should be the logical launch, but with SS the mystery & bafflement, regrettably, continue.:dunno

The preview we got of the GG was part of the Zbrush summit. It is hard to know what stage this is at right now.

The preview we got of the GG was part of the Zbrush summit. It is hard to know what stage this is at right now.

Not really. When collectors were asking/begging for a classic GG portrait, an SS rep clearly stated that there would be none, due to the lack of time to design one, because of an established pending release date, which SS could not delay fearing monetary penalties. I believe that was 2 months ago?

So how long would it take to design a classic portrait? Especially from a monster like Sideshow.

Not really. When collectors were asking/begging for a classic GG portrait, an SS rep clearly stated that there would be none, due to the lack of time to design one, because of an established pending release date, which SS could not delay fearing monetary penalties. I believe that was 2 months ago?

So how long would it take to design a classic portrait? Especially from a monster like Sideshow.

Everything that's changed has to go back and forth to Disney for approval. Sideshow can't just change something on the fly

and.....

Everything that's changed has to go back and forth to Disney for approval. Sideshow can't just change something on the fly

Yep ... and we have NO idea really how long the approval process is. The sculpt that was teased wasn't even finished and had clipping errors in it. To do an entirely new head and run it by Disney might have taken MONTHS for all we know, and SSC could have easily missed their window. For all I know this will go up for PO tomorrow.... or it might not be done till SDCC 2016.... lol. WHat I can tell you is this will take DAYS to print out completely from a 3D state. The Hulk custom portraits I did are taking over 40 hrs to print on an HD 3D printer, and SSC will have to use one of those to get THIS level of detail

and.....

Yep ... and we have NO idea really how long the approval process is. The sculpt that was teased wasn't even finished and had clipping errors in it. To do an entirely new head and run it by Disney might have taken MONTHS for all we know, and SSC could have easily missed their window. For all I know this will go up for PO tomorrow.... or it might not be done till SDCC 2016.... lol. WHat I can tell you is this will take DAYS to print out completely from a 3D state. The Hulk custom portraits I did are taking over 40 hrs to print on an HD 3D printer, and SSC will have to use one of those to get THIS level of detail

Really???!!! So I guess a relatively new company such as XM Studios are tweaking, slicing & dicing their sculpts on the fly just for the fvck of it?! With no hope of getting expedient approval???!!! XM history shows that that is not the case at all, so surely a huge company like Sideshow would get the same or possibly better treatment.

Take a chill pill boys, & stop coming up with these delusional excuses, as Marvel/Disney seem to approve practically anything in this industry. Take a look around.

But yeah, maybe you are right, producing a CLASSIC portrait of an ICONIC Spiderman villain is pushing the envelope way too far, taking months of negotiating, scrutiny, & then approval. WOW! Really???!!!

Really???!!! So I guess a relatively new company such as XM Studios are tweaking, slicing & dicing their sculpts on the fly just for the fvck of it! With no hope of getting expedient approval???!!! XM history shows that that is not the case, so surely a huge company like Sideshow would get the same or possibly better treatment.

Take a chill pill boys, & stop coming up with these delusional excuses, as Marvel/Disney seem to approve practically anything in this industry. But yeah, maybe you are right, producing a classic portrait of an iconic Spiderman villain is pushing the envelope way too far, taking months of negotiating, scrutiny, & then approval. WOW! Really???!!!

I am chill Divo, but XMs days of playing fast and free with the approval process are a thing of the past. Their new approvals guy with Disney is far more by the book, and he is not letting them make changes on the fly the way they use to be able too. Fan input may not beable to be taken into account as much, and those are their words not mine. On top of that the continuous back and forth for approvals with all of the little minor changes they wanted to make really slowed the guys down, and heald up the process in the end. God knows if we would have gotten a few more of the XCharacters if XM had just gone through the process once, and then gotten the characters into the production pipeline. Hell, maybe Cable, Deadpool, Quicksilver, and the Sentinel would have made it out before Marvel brought down the boot. I honestly, don't know the answer to that question. What I do know is these things do take time, and unless you are in on the process yourself, neither of us know exactly what all the ins and outs are.

Prime1 is able to get out so many preview of so many characters. It keeps the interest goin in the line. Wish SS would do so as well.

Sorry people, but after seeing XM's GG sublime sculpt concept, I was compelled to dig up SS version once again. Spook almost over, & no goblin in site(?),........................a true horror.

P.S. ***Fair warning to all in advance!*** I will be digging-up this thread repeatedly, til I'm laid stinking in the earth, or Sideshow comes to their senses. Pray for my soul.

No peep from SSC for awhile ...don't even remember which pages on this thread had pics of this SSC Goblin (except for the 1st page). If you guys remember, repost the pics please.

SS has forgotten the Goblin. They have decided to focus on more IM.

Once again, after seeing yet another company (Imaginarium Art) showcasing a 1/4 scale Green Goblin for future release, I had to dig this elusive fvcker up!

It's been 3 months since our first glimpse of SS GG, with Igo strongly suggesting an imminent pending release(order) date, hence SS claiming the lack of time for SS to even consider a classic GG portrait to be added in time. Again, that's 3 months ago. Still no sneak peaks, proto pics, let alone an order date, or a CLASSIC portrait. Just incredible.

With SS's torturously slow pace, it's conceivable that both XM & Imaginarium will release their versions even before SS gets out of the gate, even though SS was the first to show GG concept. If this proves to be the case, SS's late release date would put a lot of pressure on sales, as many will opt for a statue with classic portrait option. This would translate to poorer sales stats, & some of the knuckle heads at SS would interpret this to mean a low interest for Spidey villains, so WTF, let's pull the plug on the line. I mean what kind marketing strategy is SS running anyway?

At this point, the only justifiable excuse SS may have is that they indeed have produced a classic portrait (3 months & counting is plenty of time!), & will surprise the **** out of us. Anything less, would be mind numbingly sad, for all concerned.

P.S. Don't want to come off as some kind of ranting lunatic, but the reality is that I have been collecting SS for over 10 yrs, & have painfully watched their slow decline. To keep witnessing SS shooting themselves in the foot (& us collectors in the head), has become almost unbearable.

Besides, with a few obvious & logical tweaks/additions, I really like SS GG version the best of what has presently been shown by other companies. If they just put in a little more effort to do the right thing (as many collectors have clearly voiced), this could be the very best GG out there.

Once again, after seeing yet another company (Imaginarium Art) showcasing a 1/4 scale Green Goblin for future release, I had to dig this elusive fvcker up!

It's been 3 months since our first glimpse of SS GG, with Igo strongly suggesting an imminent pending release(order) date, hence SS claiming the lack of time for SS to even consider a classic GG portrait to be added in time. Again, that's 3 months ago. Still no sneak peaks, proto pics, let alone an order date, or a CLASSIC portrait. Just incredible.

With SS's torturously slow pace, it's conceivable that both XM & Imaginarium will release their versions even before SS gets out of the gate, even though SS was the first to show GG concept. If this proves to be the case, SS's late release date would put a lot of pressure on sales, as many will opt for a statue with classic portrait option. This would translate to poorer sales stats, & some of the knuckle heads at SS would interpret this to mean a low interest for Spidey villains, so WTF, let's pull the plug on the line. I mean what kind marketing strategy is SS running anyway?

At this point, the only justifiable excuse SS may have is that they indeed have produced a classic portrait (3 months & counting is plenty of time!), & will surprise the **** out of us. Anything less, would be mind numbingly sad, for all concerned.

P.S. Don't want to come off as some kind of ranting lunatic, but the reality is that I have been collecting SS for over 10 yrs, & have painfully watched their slow decline. To keep witnessing SS shooting themselves in the foot (& us collectors in the head), has become almost unbearable.

Besides, with a few obvious & logical tweaks/additions, I really like SS GG version the best of what has presently been shown by other companies. If they just put in a little more effort to do the right thing (as many collectors have clearly voiced), this could be the very best GG out there.

Divo... We have no idea what stage SSCs GG is at. For all we know it has been printed and the proto type is on the way. However, if they haven't gotten final approval they might not have the permission to share it.

Last edited:
i find it interesting that sideshow has teased the GG so long ago and now XM and imaginarium have both got their own versions in the making. why would they all be fighting over the same character? it would make more sense to do different villians so they can sell without competition from the others.

granted i am thrilled to have so many choices of a great spidy villain, it just doesn't add up from a business standpoint...

Back