Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually like the 2D concept quite a bit. Even more than XM's artwork (also nice). Still not a fan of the goggles, but maybe Norman wants to sell his Goblin persona as "real". Maniac.

It's funny how a switch-out "classic" Goblin head would put so many collectors' minds at ease. Sadly the SS motto these past months (years?) has been giving less for more (and more).

The fact that this is shaping up to be a nice stand-alone Goblin really makes me lament the SS "battle base" decision for Spider-Man.

As mentioned, Goblin should be positioned higher up (higher smoke trail?), & I would have preferred his left arm having the classic forward fist clench, rather than both arms being flung back, crucifixion style. And yes, the sketch depicts the goggles way to prominently, when they should be a minimalist, dusty, battered, accent piece at most, I mean, if you have to have them in the design. Let's wait & see, as maybe a surprise awaits.

My opinion will not change. First i don´t liked the head and now the pose. No, just no.

Totally entitled to your opinion. Go for your option and I hope you really enjoy it.

I agree. A very dynamic pose and the cloud/smoke looks all kinds of fake though. This has to be some kind of concept pic if it's legit. I'm still going to wait until I see pics released by SSC before I jump to any conclusions or make a decision on the piece. The only thing I can say I don't like from the pic is the gold goggles.

I think that the base could surprise quite a few people. I will say I am hoping there is some kind of building component under the smoke.

Yes sir all the life and I know the perfect guy for it :p is in my quote ahhh xXx

I started one awhile ago.... It will need to be reworked though.

That should have no bearing on how collectors receive initial solicitations of a product. If we have read any thread on here, I think we all get that you make custom portraits....

While you are right it shouldn't impact whether or not someone likes an initial design it can impact whether someone is going to buy a statue and have it customized. You are right people know I am doing custom heads... it was a joke. However, it is an option. I will say though if you aren't interested in my input in a thread ... add me to your iggy list. I won't even be a little bit insulted.

P.S. I will add that I share what I am doing out of excitement with my fellow collectors... Because I know that many will appreciate it. It is kind of like a kid showing off his art.... Actually that is exactly what it is... Except Thai am almost 40... Lol.

I actually like the 2D concept quite a bit. Even more than XM's artwork (also nice). Still not a fan of the goggles, but maybe Norman wants to sell his Goblin persona as "real". Maniac.

It's funny how a switch-out "classic" Goblin head would put so many collectors' minds at ease. Sadly the SS motto these past months (years?) has been giving less for more (and more).

The fact that this is shaping up to be a nice stand-alone Goblin really makes me lament the SS "battle base" decision for Spider-Man.

I know that Igo looked at a classic head... I am not sure if it is going any further though I doubt it.

As mentioned, Goblin should be positioned higher up (higher smoke trail?), & I would have preferred his left arm having the classic forward fist clench, rather than both arms being flung back, crucifixion style. And yes, the sketch depicts the goggles way to prominently, when they should be a minimalist, dusty, battered, accent piece at most, I mean, if you have to have them in the design. Let's wait & see, as maybe a surprise awaits.

I have little faith in that base. I really like the pose though.

I have been looking at the base design and I gotta say that IF SSC goes with just a smoke trail then I can see another option that would be fairly easy to do in terms of a custom base.

Last edited:
yea agree doesnt matter./ for me they booth looks similar... its good thing now customer will have the option to choose what suit them the best

I really like the pose....like a lot a lot. I'm skeptical though that we'll get that look. I hope we do though.

Not really... And it wouldn't mater if it was because SSC leaked their design first. In the end the poses are completely different and they even have different costumes.

Sideshows is midair with smoke from the glider as the base whereas the xm one is an explosion as the base.. different costumes different poses.. i wouldnt say they are similar at all..of course any green goblin is gonna be him on his glider mid air with pumpkin bombs :).. i do like both of them though but will probably end up going with xms. Not a big fan of SS glider.. its too small...i prefer the bigger one that xm is using and also the more classical look of GG..

Those are two different pictures. I was referring to the artist on the panel alongside the actual gg picture

The full statue I'm guessing is what the z-brush sculpt came from.

It has scales and the z-brush sculpture has that weird skin texture so at least that much changed. Looks like the way the teeth were done is different as well. And the shape of the goggles is different.

It'll be interesting to see what all the changes were from the drawing to the sculpt.

Regardless of whether or not this piece will have scales or the skin texture, I think either beats the banded armor look that xm is going for.

I like the pose so far. Looking forward to seeing the rest. I hope for scales though.

i just wish they'd do more than the few villians that they have done, quit rehashing them.......So many great characters to be made yet ssc....

i just wish they'd do more than the few villians that they have done, quit rehashing them.......So many great characters to be made yet ssc....

While I agree in spirit I will disagree ever so slightly based on two factors. Firstly, with so many new collectors entering the hobby there is a need/want for a new Spiderman and since we have him the logical companion piece is the Green Goblin. Especially since the original gets such mixed reviews. They are te logical start to a new line. Secondly, the artist in me knows exactly what happens when you sit down to create this type of line. You are going to go with the coolest and most fun hero and villian to draw or sculpt. Which are Spidey and the Goblin. When I get good enough to do full body sculpts you gotta know I am going to be doing a Spidey, Goblin, Hulk, Bats, and Supes. Hell I don't even know if I would print them, but you can be darn sure I will be sculpting them.

Back