Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nothing about that statue looks good. The sculpting is crap, the paint is awful, the head is way to big for it. I am surprised that DC actually approved it.

I disagree. I'm not saying that this is a great sculpt. I'm not saying that I'll be picking it up. However, the promo pic looks decent. Please keep in mind that you can't see the entire paint scheme, proportions of the body, or the pose of the sculpt. I do think the head sculpt looks good and the change of hand allows the piece to look decent in the promo pic. After seeing the piece as a whole, lots of peeps will pass on it. :wink1:

If you want to look on the bright side, I have a feeling the ES on this piece will bring a smile to the face of the peeps that actually do order it. The trend of high ES on SSC DC pieces should end with this statue. :lol

I can't understand why his is going up for order before the Superman PF, which looked perfect at SDCC (unlike this).

I disagree. I'm not saying that this is a great sculpt. I'm not saying that I'll be picking it up. However, the promo pic looks decent. Please keep in mind that you can't see the entire paint scheme, proportions of the body, or the pose of the sculpt. I do think the head sculpt looks good and the change of hand allows the piece to look decent in the promo pic. After seeing the piece as a whole, lots of peeps will pass on it. :wink1:

If you want to look on the bright side, I have a feeling the ES on this piece will bring a smile to the face of the peeps that actually do order it. The trend of high ES on SSC DC pieces should end with this statue. :lol

all this to argue you like the promo pic :dunno

all this to argue you like the promo pic :dunno

Yep. If I had not already seen the statue, I would be very interested in buying this piece based off the promo pic. There, less words, same meaning. Hope you are happy now. :lol

If you want to look on the bright side, I have a feeling the ES on this piece will bring a smile to the face of the peeps that actually do order it.
they could limit this to 100 and i still wouldn't give them a wooden nickel for it
it's a total train wreck as is...SSC should be embarrassed

so-it-has-begun-spiderman-YeHYW2.jpg
:lol

LOL Perfect example look at the Iceman Comiquette, you can have 1 of 200 for all I care.

Very curious to see the ES for Green Lantern.

As good as Joker, Batman, Ivy turned out this thing is 180 degress in the opposite direction. No interest at all in this one. To many things wrong with it to even consider it.

Looks like my justice league set up will be delayed for years until they decide to make a new Green Lantern PF.

A similar situation would be the new Emma Frost PF they teased, probably a much better one than the old one.

they could limit this to 100 and i still wouldn't give them a wooden nickel for it
it's a total train wreck as is...SSC should be embarrassed

Believe it or not, some peeps put a huge priority on ES. Someone actually cancelled their EX Batman PF because of the overall ES for the piece.

I'm with you though. If I think it looks bad I won't purchase a piece. I don't care if they only make 10 of them.

As good as Joker, Batman, Ivy turned out this thing is 180 degress in the opposite direction. No interest at all in this one. To many things wrong with it to even consider it.

When this piece was first shown, looking at the images I wasn't too excited about this piece but I saw it at comi con and it is one of those pieces that you have to see in person. It is an awesome piece, but I understand the hesitation with just the images.

When this piece was first shown, looking at the images I wasn't too excited about this piece but I saw it at comi con and it is one of those pieces that you have to see in person. It is an awesome piece, but I understand the hesitation with just the images.

the custom is awesome. SS offering is the complete opposite.

So looking at it in photos you see the same flaws as us, but you say that when you saw it in person it was a completely different impression? Will you be ordering based on seeing it in person?

I hope SS change atlist black part into real fabric...... I m sure getting this despite all issues

The DCD MQ version of GL fits better with the SSC PF Superman and Batman than does the SSC "PF" version of GL.

The DCD MQ version is multi-media, has the same kind of pose and has a better head/face sculpt.

Back