Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your mileage may vary. The DCD face looks, to me, more like a generic version of Hal, while the SSC face looks mostly like Ethan Van Sciver's Green Lantern:

Green_Lantern_Rebirth_2.jpg

I don't know. I didn't hate it at SDCC. Although it was hard to get a non-blurry pic of it head on without me caring a little more.

7611979312_63de354f9d_z.jpg

Yep. If I had not already seen the statue, I would be very interested in buying this piece based off the promo pic. There, less words, same meaning. Hope you are happy now. :lol

I guess I just don't see the point of arguing that you like the promo pic when you think the actual statue sucks. :dunno

I disagree with this though. I don't like the DCD one at all.

I agree, never liked the DCD MQ version either. I much preferred this DCD piece
01nov2005002large2xd.jpg

And this one even if it is only a bust.

greenlanternchronicles.jpg

Your mileage may vary. The DCD face looks, to me, more like a generic version of Hal, while the SSC face looks mostly like Ethan Van Sciver's Green Lantern:

Green_Lantern_Rebirth_2.jpg

I agree, it is very EVS, but then again I like EVS's GL work, I just dislike this sculpt of it.

I guess I just don't see the point of arguing that you like the promo pic when you think the actual statue sucks. :dunno

I don't think it sucks. I just think it's the weakest entry into the DC line up so far. That plus the fact that I'm not a huge GL fan means this piece will be a pass for me. I don't think this piece is nearly as bad as many are making it out to be. It's just nothing special.

As far as the promo pic is concerned, there is no argument. I think it looks pretty good. It's just my opinion. You don't have to share it.

I don't think it sucks. I just think it's the weakest entry into the DC line up so far. That plus the fact that I'm not a huge GL fan means this piece will be a pass for me. I don't think this piece is nearly as bad as many are making it out to be. It's just nothing special.

As far as the promo pic is concerned, there is no argument. I think it looks pretty good. It's just my opinion. You don't have to share it.

Forget it Flip, it's part of the reason I iggy-binned him.

I thought the whole idea of a PF was mixed media? Shame there's no cloth on this PF could of made it much better.

If there's an EX I'll be ordering on Thursday, if there's not I'll pass and wait for Supes

I thought the whole idea of a PF was mixed media? Shame there's no cloth on this PF could of made it much better.

If there's an EX I'll be ordering on Thursday, if there's not I'll pass and wait for Supes

lol why would you only want to order if it has an EX? you obviously then not aiming at the statue and char but at a scalper mindset to re sell much higher cuz it's ex.

lol why would you only want to order if it has an EX? you obviously then not aiming at the statue and char but at a scalper mindset to re sell much higher cuz it's ex.

Do you know me? No.

I'm 'assuming' if there's an EX then it means a second headsculpt or change of hand or something similar meaning you can have different setups. If for example the EX is just an art print then I'll pass like I will if there's no EX and just wait for in hand pics and decide then.

I m getting this day one order for me still hope SS will change glossy paint into matt finish so it wont look cheap...... Just Matt finish paint also can change so many minds here

The paint doesn't bother me at all nor does the head sculpt based on the pics from the con, the abs though is a whole different thing.

People would see through Hal Jordan's disguise because of those abs!

I don't know... Batman and Superman were so great. Hopefully the reveal will change my mind.

Really want to get the original big 7 PFs.

Well... If we get lucky there may be a head swap. I was watching a video ofmthisnand it looks like there MIGHT be a seam at the neck. A head swap could deal with a lot of the proportion issues, and the bad Elvis hair...lol.

Back