Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i dont personally buy my stuff based on how good the movie/character are but based on the design itself.
Im not the biggest fan of the movie look, not that its bad, just not my alley but if you liked what you saw in the trailers then i think the figures will sell good :)

Well i dont personally buy my stuff based on how good the movie/character are but based on the design itself.
Im not the biggest fan of the movie look, not that its bad, just not my alley but if you liked what you saw in the trailers then i think the figures will sell good :)

Thank You sir. I just securely place the exclusive 2pack from BbTS without NRD. :)

Waiting game now for the movie and the figures.

This is triggering a little epileptic attack on me.

No reason mate.
I was not expecting the movie as some are and it was good in my book.
If you did expected it there is chance that you love it.
Its just way too straightforward and generic for me, i expected more weirdness coming from James Gunn :)

No reason mate.
I was not expecting the movie as some are and it was good in my book.
If you did expected it there is chance that you love it.
Yeah but I fear that the movie won't deliver up to my expectations, so your post was a bad omen :lol

Its just way too straightforward and generic for me, i expected more weirdness coming from James Gunn :)

*drops on the floor and rolls with a mouth full of foam*

Just under 5 minutes of footage to wet your beaks
I'm not watching it but some of you might :wink1:
Wrapped in spoiler tags to help with temptation :lol
DO NOT CLICK 'SHOW' if your avoiding spoilers YE BE WARNED

I will say though, ITS ALL KINDS OF AWESOME :panic::panic:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah but I fear that the movie won't deliver up to my expectations, so your post was a bad omen :lol

*drops on the floor and rolls with a mouth full of foam*

Well thats alaways a risk when your expectations are that high ^^
Nah im sure most of those who have been waiting for it avidly will love it.
I think its a good flick some will probably find great :)

Whats annoying is that the trailers kinda give it away and there is no much to give away.
Movie these days are always long version of the trailers and you end up seeing what you expect.
I ve become more more skilled in seeing how a movie will play based on trailer, and i saw exactly the story i expected with GOTG.
Thats the only thing that annoys me.
The movie is good dont worry :)

Published July 21, 2014 by Devin Faraci
Who Will Direct AVENGERS 3?

Devin thinks it could be James Gunn.

I am pretty sure that Joss Whedon won't direct The Avengers 3. I've heard rumblings from behind-the-scenes that he's pretty much finished with the Marvel stuff, plus doing two enormous movies like that in a limited time span is exhausting. On top of that, no director has ever worked with Marvel more than twice, and the only person who has done that was Jon Favreau, the first guy on board.

So if he leaves after The Avengers: Age of Ultron, who steps into Joss' seat for the third film? After seeing Guardians of the Galaxy and how effortlessly it combined humor and emotion and excellent large-scale action, all while balancing many characters, I thought James Gunn would make a good replacement. And Gunn is very happy working with Marvel - the relationship seems to be extraordinarily positive. When I talked to Gunn this weekend at the Guardians junket I asked him if he would be coming back for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (the movie ends with a card that says "The Guardians of the Galaxy Will Return"), and he said he wants to. He said his contract has him signed up for a second film. Then he thought about it and corrected himself and said:

Actually my contract just says another Marvel film, it doesn't specify.

And so I took a leap and asked him, "How far along are you in negotiations with Kevin Feige to direct Avengers 3?" I have seen James Gunn in social settings and in press settings, and at this moment I saw James Gunn in one way I had never before seen him: speechless. He kind of sat there gobsmacked for a second. And then he said, "It was great seeing you!" as our interview time was up.

The next day I talked to Kevin Feige, and I straight up asked him: will James Gunn direct Avengers 3? Feige denied it.

That leaves me with one no comment and one denial.

The big question here is Guardians 2. I think the movie is going to do well; whether the film succeeds or not Gunn confirmed to me that Marvel has more plans for the characters and their roles in the larger MCU, but I really think we'll get a Guardians 2 announced soon after opening weekend. Gunn wants to do Guardians 2, although his contract does not specify that as his next Marvel movie. Would he be willing to do The Avengers 3 (which will almost certainly have a heavy Guardians presence) instead? Or could he do both films back to back, as Zack Snyder is doing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice* and Justice League back to back? If The Avengers 3 is scheduled for 2018, as we have assumed, that's unlikely. But if the film is coming in 2019, the last release date in Marvel's latest announcement...? It's not impossible. It would mean a lot of hard work on Gunn's part.

I think once you see Guardians of the Galaxy you'll be just as excited for Gunn to take on Earth's Mightiest Heroes as I am. I also think that Marvel is going to want to stick with a known quantity to replace Whedon - someone from in-house who understands how they work.

So yeah, rampant nerd speculation... but what do you think?

* the actual title of the movie.

... He has already discussed possibly plot details for Avengers 3, and teased about 4. He will be a part of number 3 before. Wether it be writing, directing, or overseeing. Joss has explained his interest in seeing this through to the end on multiple occaisions.

SHH:

Ever since a rumor over a year ago popped up that claimed Marvel Studios was considering a “Planet Hulk” film for the Marvel Cinematic Universe, many fans have become consumed with the notion of the film. Despite being debunked by Joss Whedon and The Hulk himself Mark Ruffalo, the rumor wouldn’t die and even lead some to speculate a Guardians of the Galaxy sequel could see The Hulk team up with that group in a crossover film. Now, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn have come forward to say, once again, that it isn’t happening.

“There are no plans for Planet Hulk anytime soon,” Feige told IGN. “I think what’s cool about the Planet Hulk story is it’s all Hulk. He’s a gladiator, he’s fighting all these creatures on another world. Yes, some of those creatures show up in (Guardians of the Galaxy), which makes people think, ‘Oh, maybe it could exist.’ And maybe it could exist, someday. I don’t think that’s the first place we would go though for the very reason that you stated, which is, if we were ever able to do a standalone Hulk movie, 60 percent of the fun would be seeing Mark Ruffalo leading a Marvel movie — and that’s what we would do if we ever went down that road.”

Gunn, on the other hand, was a little less reserved in his answer, telling The Playlist:

“It is absolute, 100% bull*****. It feels like a great relief to finally say this after all the dumb stuff on the Internet. There’s not going to be a ‘Planet Hulk’ movie, there was never going to be a ‘Planet Hulk’ movie, there was never a plan for the Hulk to team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy – I wouldn’t want the Hulk to team up with the Guardians of the Galaxy! And it’s all a bunch of complete bull*****.”

Went to the red carpet event in Hollywood tonight, what an amazing time. My Son got his Star-Lord helmet and blaster autographed by James Gunn, Michael Rooker, Zoe Saldana, Benicio Del Toro and Bradley Cooper (who by the way spent 10x more time with the fans than anyone else...that guy must have taken 100 selfies with people's cell phones, seriously).

When Del Toro signed his blaster, my Son told him "You can just add that to your collection".

IMG_2947.jpg

When Bradley Cooper was signing his blaster, my Son told him "that's a fake laugh" but I don't think he heard it or got it. I was so hoping he would have said "IT'S REAL!!"

IMG_2913.jpg

Anyway, we were down toward the end near where everyone was getting dropped off. They told us that there would be no more people coming so we headed over to where the theater entrance was. On the way in, James Gunn saw us again, HUGE grin on his face, stuck his hand out to shake my hand, and asked if he could get a photo with my Son. This was the highlight of our night. :)

IMG_2952.jpg

Last edited:
Back