Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bradley Cooper Confirmed for Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's 'Guardians of the Galaxy' | Movie News | Movies.com
Looks like Latino Review was right about the casting after all.

OFFICIAL: Bradley Cooper to Voice Rocket Raccoon in Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy | News | Marvel.com

5220c100e4153.jpg

Not feeling it, but I'll wait till I hear what he does.

Who cares? It's a talking raccoon. How could it NOT be someone famous doing the voice?

Given Rocket's speech is the British equivalent of Ben Grimm (think Ray Winstone), the casting is a bit surprising.

Is it?

Still, Bradley Cooper, super mega star is going to make the idea of a talking raccoon a lot easier to swallow for the masses.

Everytime anyone has any qualms about casting choices I say this...

Remember when they cast Heath Ledger to play the Joker?

Who cares? It's a talking raccoon. How could it NOT be someone famous doing the voice?

I'm just not particularly fond of him. Can't pin point it. But eh it's no big deal

Not feeling it, but I'll wait till I hear what he does.

Given Rocket's speech is the British equivalent of Ben Grimm (think Ray Winstone), the casting is a bit surprising.

Yeah, I was hoping something close to that. Who knows

Everytime anyone has any qualms about casting choices I say this...

Remember when they cast Heath Ledger to play the Joker?

"STFU about Ledger"...is what I usually say.

Voice acting was better when it wasn't celebrities and live-action actors doing them.

Cooper is cool though, but why hire someone famous who you'll have to pay more over the years than a standard voice actor? :cuckoo:

You really asked that?

Bradley Cooper is a popular film star.
US-actor-Bradley-Cooper-w-006.jpg

This is not a popular comic book. The general public doesn't have a clue who any of these people are.
Confused-man1.jpg

You add in the element of

0602_Bradley_Cooper_full_600.jpg

to an element of

1957210-rocket_raccoon_mvc3u.png

You get...

money.jpg

And the more

money-in-hand.jpg

you have, the more

cheering-movie-audience.jpg

Popular you'll be.

Perhaps add a well known voice actor to the mix.

invadercon11___richard_horvitz_by_wicabeth-d3jtwio.jpg

People will just

cox.png

And thus, not make as much

1028_retire-early-kids-baby-money_380x278.jpg

Voice acting was better when it wasn't celebrities and live-action actors doing them.

Cooper is cool though, but why hire someone famous who you'll have to pay more over the years than a standard voice actor? :cuckoo:

I have an oldschool dubbed Voltron series which completely disagrees with you. It's horrid. Even the women are done by the same 3 guys, sounding like transvestites. I'd say it's 50/50.

You really asked that?

I did.

Because animated movies with voice actors and not famous live-action actors or singers tend to be much better.

And since Bradley Cooper won't be going topless for the ladies or blowing **** up and looking all badass for the menfolk he won't draw any substantial additional audiences

Last edited:
Do they make more money? No? Well there you go. It's ALL about money. "Bradley Cooper is Rocket Raccoon" "Oh that's weird! Bradley Cooper as a talking raccoon! But I love Bradley Cooper! He so funny! I'm gonna go see this movie now because my interest is sparked!"

These movies aren't made for the fans, and they never will be.

That's not to say they don't have the fans in mind, but they have to get that mass appeal first. That's most important. Despite what any filmmaker or producer will say.

Do they make more money? No? Well there you go. It's ALL about money. "Bradley Cooper is Rocket Raccoon" "Oh that's weird! Bradley Cooper as a talking raccoon! But I love Bradley Cooper! He so funny! I'm gonna go see this movie now because my interest is sparked!"

These movies aren't made for the fans, and they never will be.

That's not to say they don't have the fans in mind, but they have to get that mass appeal first. That's most important. Despite what any filmmaker or producer will say.

:goodpost:

He's a 'name' on the poster and a face for press junkets and interviews. Him seeming like a pretty cool dude is a plus. I've dug him since Alias.

:lol wtf?

Haven't read the however many pages of arguing but you could have easily cast just as big a star with a far more distinctive voice. Sharlto Copely, Tom Waits, hell I'd take a Chris Walken Raccoon over Cooper. I like him as an actor but for a v.o. he's a pointless choice short of as others have said, a name on the poster. He's also very out of place within the rest of the cast.

I'm with Celtic and Deckard. It's a no-brainer to cast well known actors in voice parts nowadays. Kind of sucks in general, because people who are trained to act purely with their voice, guys like Frank Welker and Michael Bell, don't even get consideration, and the product suffers as a result, but it's the way it goes today.

I'm sure Cooper will be fine. I think the character could have been more distinctive and memorable with a wackier voice, but. . .

. . .CGing components of his face into the raccoon seems ridiculous to me. With Hulk, it makes some sense because the guy transforms into Hulk. This isn't a human that transforms into a raccoon.

Back