Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think at that point he was resigned to death, so he just said " **** it, I'm gonna shot a flare at this *****"

Why are flare guns so effective? :lol

That dad was just a badass through and through. So yeah, flaregun to the eye, I think he just wanted to get in a final hit. :lol

Loved the movie, but did they explain why

Spoiler Spoiler:

Its because those kaiju are freaky as shi*!

[ame="https://youtu.be/go_tRctLmbc"]https://youtu.be/go_tRctLmbc[/ame]

Last edited:
Saw this last night and freaking loved it! Man, what a fun movie. Exactly what a Robots vs. Monsters movie should be like.
I hope it does well.

I guess, what I'm trying to say, is that I wish that the Kaijus were introduced in a more mysterious kind of way, to build anticipation for the 1st encounter which IMO is supposed to be shocking, the fact that the 1st one showed up so suddenly kinda killed all the expectation for me.

My very minor gripe with the initial scene which apparently you blew out of proportion, is that the scene gives you a full view of the kaiju right from the start, there's no shock, no amazement, no excitement, it's just "oh look, that big monster is tearing up the bridge", I need build up, expectation.

The kaiju needed to swim a good distance to get to the bridge, what about a bit when a boat or a yate would move weird because of inusual big waves as the kaiju is passing beneath them, and it's occupants looking at each other in confusion? What about a kid in the back seat of a car that's going across the bridge sees something odd in the water approaching to them and says "dad, look" and the father ignores him or something and maybe even an old guy fishing that also sees like a spike of the back of the monster through the water....

Then the kaiju rising up from the water and people going :cuckoo: and THEN the kaiju destroying the bridge.

That's it, that's not going to permanently scar anyone and it would've made the initial attack scene MUCH more effective IMO-

Going back to this...
I understand what you're saying, but I think that would be a bit cliché to be honest.
It's been done before so many times, that it gives you an spectator POV...

What GDT did instead, is put you right in the middle of the mayhem, and he does it very effectively through out the movie.
The slow burn or suspense of a monster lingering would be out of place in this movie.

In reality... if something like this were to happen, it just all of the sudden happens and BAM!! There's a ****ing monster in San Francisco, and I think that's even scarier, because you have no ****ing clue what's happening and have zero time to react...
I understand what you're saying, but I do not think it would work with the tone of the movie at all.

We just get thrown into the ride without waiting in line!
To me, that's pretty cool!! :rock!

Going back to this...
I understand what you're saying, but I think that would be a bit cliché to be honest.
It's been done before so many times, that it gives you an spectator POV...

What GDT did instead, is put you right in the middle of the mayhem, and he does it very effectively through out the movie.
The slow burn or suspense of a monster lingering would be out of place in this movie.

In reality... if something like this were to happen, it just all of the sudden happens and BAM!! There's a ****ing monster in San Francisco, and I think that's even scarier, because you have no ****ing clue what's happening and have zero time to react...
I understand what you're saying, but I do not think it would work with the tone of the movie at all.

We just get thrown into the ride without waiting in line!
To me, that's pretty cool!! :rock!

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

What's he's describing can work in certain movies and has, just not meant for the tone GDT intended here that's all.

We still love you Gaspar. :lol

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

What's he's describing can work in certain movies and has, just not meant for the tone GDT intended here that's all.

We still love you Gaspar. :lol

lacey-chabert-as-gretchen-wieners-in-mean-girls-crying.gif

:lol

I get it, it was only a minor complain for that initial sudden attack, a bit of cliché isn't wrong with a kaiju movie, I still would've liked to see some of that but I still like the movie how it is, you guys pointed out some interesting opinions so, now I'm good I think :dance

BTW:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes we did...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Oh :slap
Spoiler Spoiler:

My gf missed it too, you've given me an excuse to watch it again :yess:

I was always hoping that Hellboy would make a cameo riding on Abe's back swimming and shooting at a freakin monster ...oh well you cant have it all

Back