Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You really need to watch this movie again, each Kaiju is COMPLETELY different from each other and you can tell just by watching the movie, despite the "rain and darkness" some people whine about...

480px-Onibaba_Profile.jpg

Knifehead_Profile.jpg

Raiju_Concept.jpg

640px-Leatherback_concept.jpg

Otachi_Concept.jpg

Scunnerconcept_simonwebber.jpg

Pacific_rim_slattern.jpg

1011364_664891603526367_1455303417_n.jpg

Yeah I guess I do need to see it again.
But even in these pics their skin looks the same,
The color of the monsters.

I just wonder why couldn't they make each type of monster a different color.
Besides the lines of blue green and orange their skin is all the same. just like an elephant. Each design looks different and these pics look pretty amazing.
But their skin is the same on all of them. that boring grey skin. It's like these pics look really great but when you watch the movie and you see the robots fighting the monsters it doesn't look as good as these pics.

They all look like they have elephant skin on them, dark grey skin, which is what I hated.

The biggest baddest one Category 6 King Jye...GDT ran out of money...the studio could not afford the gold, otherwise it wouldve been in the film
:rotfl
this was really great!

Besides the lines of blue green and orange their skin is all the same. just like an elephant. Each design looks different and these pics look pretty amazing.
But their skin is the same on all of them. that boring grey skin. It's like these pics look really great but when you watch the movie and you see the robots fighting the monsters it doesn't look as good as these pics.

They all look like they have elephant skin on them, dark grey skin, which is what I hated.

Didn't Newton determine that all kaijus were clones?

If the kaiju were each different colors then all of a sudden my mind would race to the chewable colored dinosaur multiple vitamins that I used to give my kids:rotfl

Last edited:

:rotfl
this was really great!

Each Kaiju has different patterns of lines or lighted elements and textures...
And it's easily recognizable in the movie...
Knifehead has Yellow lines and blue lights on eyes and mouth.
Leatherback has bluish lines and blue lights on the back of the neck/shoulder blades
Otachi has more like lighted dots

I know the movie shows them a bit more in the dark, but they have plenty of design elements that are easily distinguishable...

Some share the same general skin texture, some don't.

Onibaba or whatever has a hard, blue shell. Knife head has very smooth, tough, black skin with the orange electric pattern. Raiju's entire body consists of huge silver scales bar for the yellow underbelly. Leatherback, like Knife head, has black, tough skin. Though unlike knifehead...the texture of his skin is very bumpy and uneven. Looks like molten rock.

It kills me that this didn't make money. Back in the 60s and 70's every kid and teen would be dying to see a giant monster Kaiju movie. I just don't get it. Maybe I just don't wanna get it.

It kills me that this didn't make money. Back in the 60s and 70's every kid and teen would be dying to see a giant monster Kaiju movie. I just don't get it. Maybe I just don't wanna get it.

It's still making money... still in theaters and hasn't opened in Japan, China and Spain which are huge markets for this film. :dunno

I've heard that and definitely didn't want to miss out before it disappears. Plus with everyone flocking to see The Wolverine tonight, maybe I'll have most of the theater to myself. Not that I don't want to see the new Wolverine, just not yet...

I know? What the name? I was thinking about it today. Is it that for a reason. I thought, maybe the first was called just Wolverine, but that was the Origins subtitle movie right?

I'm so confused...

That is awesome. :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP4emqw7O4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP4emqw7O4[/ame]

Back