Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
European Union had jaeger program too. They collected money from all EU countries and decided to centralize the manufacturing to Greece, money vanished and no robot was made...

Rimshot

I read today this had like a 45 million dollar opening weekend in China. Not surprise. I figured the Asian countries would really dig this movie.

Pacific Rim is Bigger than The Dark Knight Rises (in China)

Pacific Rim Smash! (in China)

August 4, 2013
by Lucy O'Brien

Guillermo del Toro’s sci-fi epic Pacific Rim took in $45.2 million at the Chinese box office this past weekend, scoring Warner Bros' its biggest ever box office opening in the territory.
As The Wrap reports, it's a stronger debut than The Dark Knight Rises' $32 million opening in China last year, and brings Pacific Rim's international total to a healthy $200.4 million. International success remains crucial for the film considering its weak box office performance in the United States; at only $93 million domestically after four weeks, it's still unclear if the film will break even considering its $200 million (approx) production budget and additional marketing spend.

Box Office Mojo:

Around-the-World Roundup

Pacific Rim was always expected to do great business in Asia, but few expected it to do this well: the movie opened to an incredible $45.2 million in its first five days in China, which is Warner Bros. biggest opening ever. Overall, the movie took in $53 million this weekend, and its overseas total is now just over $200 million. With Spain, Brazil and (most notably) Japan opening Friday, Pacific Rim should have no problem getting to $300 million by the end of its run.

Pacific Rim is Bigger than The Dark Knight Rises (in China)

Pacific Rim Smash! (in China)

August 4, 2013
by Lucy O'Brien

Guillermo del Toro’s sci-fi epic Pacific Rim took in $45.2 million at the Chinese box office this past weekend, scoring Warner Bros' its biggest ever box office opening in the territory.
As The Wrap reports, it's a stronger debut than The Dark Knight Rises' $32 million opening in China last year, and brings Pacific Rim's international total to a healthy $200.4 million. International success remains crucial for the film considering its weak box office performance in the United States; at only $93 million domestically after four weeks, it's still unclear if the film will break even considering its $200 million (approx) production budget and additional marketing spend.

****in A, that makes me happy :lol

:clap

Box Office Mojo:

Around-the-World Roundup

Pacific Rim was always expected to do great business in Asia, but few expected it to do this well: the movie opened to an incredible $45.2 million in its first five days in China, which is Warner Bros. biggest opening ever. Overall, the movie took in $53 million this weekend, and its overseas total is now just over $200 million. With Spain, Brazil and (most notably) Japan opening Friday, Pacific Rim should have no problem getting to $300 million by the end of its run.

this is pathetic and as a fan of art and films this makes me feel disgusted by this place.

Seriously, The entire world knows how awesome this movie was,
But in here we are too busy laughing at Adam Sandler getting peed on his face by a deer....

Thank God at least other countries are not as retarded as the US is being right now...

:clap

this is pathetic and as a fan of art and films this makes me feel disgusted by this place.

Seriously, The entire world knows how awesome this movie was,
But in here we are too busy laughing at Adam Sandler getting peed on his face by a deer....

Thank God at least other countries are not as retarded as the US is being right now...

Umericans are busy watching Reality shows like Honey Boo Boo. :(

Excellent news!! I was off the grid for a while this weekend!
But I am really happy that people around the world appreciate this amazing movie!
Wait til it opens in Japan and Spain... I predict another 40 million from those guys easily!! :lecture

Excellent news!! I was off the grid for a while this weekend!
But I am really happy that people around the world appreciate this amazing movie!
Wait til it opens in Japan and Spain... I predict another 40 million from those guys easily!! :lecture

I don't think that much, but it should do fine.

Can't wait to see the Japanese reaction though. :panic:

Back