Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be nice if now after this movie Hollywood permanently retires the "hive mind enemy/send a nuke back through the portal that enemies are invading from" plot device once and for all.

Stargate's contribution to popcorn cinema can just be laid to rest. :lol

Not according to GDT. It was a stand alone film, which is why it wraps up at the end with no loose ends and no cliff hanger/jumping off point to set up a sequel.

He said there were left over/cut ideas, etc. from the first movie that could be used if a sequel was green lit. But that's not the same as making the first part of a planned series of films. They don't even have a rough plot outline for the next movie at the moment. Nothing. So FQRizzo is correct. Doesn't mean that am unplanned sequel can't top the original though, it happens a lot.

Not according to GDT:
https://screenrant.com/guillermo-del-toro-pacific-rim-sequel-crimson-peak-movie/all/1/

5 months ago

It says nothing of the sort, they started writing the script for the sequel 8 months ago, that means it's not a standalone film and certainly means they have more than a "rough outline" of the sequel

The best thing about this movie, is it ends in a nice self contained bow. You could have a sequel, but you don't have too.

I'm so glad it didn't end with..."No....it's just the beginning."

**** YOOOOOOUUU

Here a re a few tidbits from GDT regarding the box office and how the film is doing...
From deltorofilms.com

Hong Kong did great BTW!! We also holding steady at domestic Box Office and the film is generating multiple views- people bringing family members back and telling everyone this is a film for all ages. Reviews are helping and so are testimonials like Kanye, Kojima, Bret Easton Ellis, William Gibson, Neil Gaiman, Adam Savage and many, many more-

Key territories still to open in the next few weeks.

At the same time, the NECA figures and the graphic novel basically flew off the shelves. Everyone is now going into overdrive to keep the figures and books on the shelves.

Keep spreading the word!!

GDT

What tracking indicated was not rejection of the film- it indicated that we didn't exist on the radar then and sadly - to this day - a lot of people still are unaware of us... The sad fact is that our CInemascore indicates we connect strongly. Just as our tests screenings. Quite simply look at our Audience numbers on RT - 84% audiences that see the film are loving it.

Another fact is that our drop (52-56%) is norm. A "Fan Boy" drop is in the mid to high 70's (look at Hellboy for that kind of drop) and we are holding well in one of the most crowded Summers in history.

Don't kiss anything goodbye yet.

Keep spreading the word.

G

An interesting article about the visual construction of symbols in Pac Rim. It speaks about things I have been quoted as pointing in interviews but it -again, blissfully- understands the visual narrative is 50% of the writing in the film.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/essay/pacific-rim-guillermo-del-toros-fractal-shoes
GDT

I just saw the movie. I thought it was fun but the human elements had some good ideas but were never really executed. I also thought that the other jaegers went down too quick, I wish we got to see more of them and how they interacted.

WkGn0IZ.gif

That gif made me realize, I would definitely watch a cartoon version of Pacific Rim.
(I know there are hundreds of cartoons like that already... duh)
I mean a cartoon specifically made about Pacific Rim. I would watch that...

That gif made me realize, I would definitely watch a cartoon version of Pacific Rim.
(I know there are hundreds of cartoons like that already... duh)
I mean a cartoon specifically made about Pacific Rim. I would watch that...

:goodpost::clap

DUDE! That's a ****ing great idea! Do you guys remember how great that MIB cartoon was? A Pacific Rim cartoon would be amazing!

:goodpost::clap

DUDE! That's a ****ing great idea! Do you guys remember how great that MIB cartoon was? A Pacific Rim cartoon would be amazing!

Even the Godzilla 98' the series improved on the concept of the movie and it turned out to be a really nice cartoon. :exactly:

(I loved the MIB cartoon. That show was better than the sequels actually)

Back