Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honey Boo Boo would make a terrifying Kaiju...

Her mom too actually :lol:lol

MONSTER FACE!

tumblr_mnqsvqVOWL1snb4vao1_400.gif

I almost overlooked it. I went because of the cool robots. I hate to admit it but the cast didn't really encourage me to go. When I saw previews I thought it would be a lot of CGI but I didn't really get pulled in by any of the actors or actresses.

Box Office Mojo:

Around-the-World Roundup

Pacific Rim was always expected to do great business in Asia, but few expected it to do this well: the movie opened to an incredible $45.2 million in its first five days in China, which is Warner Bros. biggest opening ever. Overall, the movie took in $53 million this weekend, and its overseas total is now just over $200 million. With Spain, Brazil and (most notably) Japan opening Friday, Pacific Rim should have no problem getting to $300 million by the end of its run.

The only problem with China though, is that it isn't sharing it's box office with the movie studios, it hasn't given any box office gross back to hollywood in over a year. There's something about a new tax that was put in place in china with movies and there's a debate going on with who should pay the tax, so until it's resolved, China is keeping all the money it "owes" to the studios.

So even though it's promising it's doing this well in china, it's not really helping that China is keeping all the money.

The only problem with China though, is that it isn't sharing it's box office with the movie studios, it hasn't given any box office gross back to hollywood in over a year. There's something about a new tax that was put in place in china with movies and there's a debate going on with who should pay the tax, so until it's resolved, China is keeping all the money it "owes" to the studios.

So even though it's promising it's doing this well in china, it's not really helping that China is keeping all the money.

well that sucks....
but hey, at least they have better taste than 'Mericans lol :lol

I liked this one. I was prepared to be disappointed, but del Toro saved the game. Well him and the rest. This was much more entertaining that for example any of those lowsy TF movies. I compare those since they have some similarities I quess. But this time I got what I wanted; big, rather cool looking robots beating rather cool looking manga monsters.

The cast was also good and even though there was some a bit stereotypical characters, none of them were super annoying or anything and I actually liked most of the characters.

Plot was not perfect, but at least not as idiotic as in many other modern action movies. I give "only 3,5 but in my books it means a good movie that is worth seeing in big screen.

3,5/5

Back