Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2. They could have totally done the entire movie with stop motion only and clay sculpting, it was just a choice.

they could have, but it probably wouldve raise the cost a decent amount and possible killed the production budget.
Digital sculpting has become much more cost effective than conventional sculpting. Especially when edits come into the picture.

Guillermo Del Toro's Pacific Rim drawing:

nljRWSa.jpg

Yes. That's one of several of G's drawings done for the film. The man always carries notebooks chalk full of drawings and concepts, usually a couple of which are devoted to each individual film.
A collection of a handful of his drawings and notes are being published in book-form this October.

Yes. That's one of several of G's drawings done for the film. The man always carries notebooks chalk full of drawings and concepts, usually a couple of which are devoted to each individual film.
A collection of a handful of his drawings and notes are being published in book-form this October.

so he actually drew that.
It is pretty nice either way. :goodpost:

Oh snap, really? Definitely going to get that!

I like his art work A lot better than Tim Burton's artwork. I know they do not make the same kind of movies (or art for that matter)

But Burton is someone that always gets praise for his drawings. Yet I find Guillermo's drawings a lot nicer.

That drawing is also in the Art of book...
The iconography that Del Toro uses is simply outstanding...
He wanted to show a plant growing on the wall of the Shatterdome... and analogy of life amongst all the death.

Also, when little Mako is holding her red shoe, that represents her heart. ;)

Back