Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will it fit on long guns? Is the rails the same size as pistols?

Yeah, the rails are universal. So long as there are no design aspects of the gun hanging down in front of the rails and so long as there is no barrel ring on the bayonet, it should fit right on.

Yeah, the rails are universal. So long as there are no design aspects of the gun hanging down in front of the rails and so long as there is no barrel ring on the bayonet, it should fit right on.

Nice, I didn't even bother looking. I may look into getting one now for my rifle :rock

Just curious, any M1 fans in here?

This guy. Which makes it a shame that I don't even own one. My grandfather is leaving me his when he finally kicks the bucket (he's a Marine so he would only laugh at this statement).

I'm on a Bullpup kick lately, and have been looking at the M1 bull pup chassis' that are available. Trying to decide if I want to go that route, or stick with the Keltec RFB.

M1's are awesome. I have been thinking about getting one...beautiful rifle. In a couple of months when I get back to Phoenix, I will be looking in to it.

Ive owned quite a few firearms over the years, though currently have a HK45 full-size, damn fine fighting pistol, and my all-time favorites, the Browning High-Power, of which I own one very highly modified one, 1965 vintage, and one stock current production Mk3.

I like M1 carbines. First long I shot was an M1-A, nice battle rifle (though I prefer FAL or HK91). A guy I know has the SOCOM he loves it.

my UPS driver is getting tired of delivering heavy packages to my home. lol

just got delivery! a case of 10mm ammo. ah yeah! now i just need to get a longer barrel for that extra umph.

P1060262.jpg

I love the M1. I have one where the receiver is from 43. I got it redone, with new barrel, national match set up and new stock. I also have a Smith Corona o3a3. I have a few more too.

My uncle had the socom, and it might of just been his but he had the 16 inch barrel and it couldn't shoot a 2 inch group to save its life.

Operator error.

I am joking. I have yet to shoot the Socom. But I will be looking in to reviews of the weapon before I buy it. I will also be looking to try one on a range, somewhere. Thanks for the heads-up!

i had the Socom 16. it makes a nice loud boom due to the very short barrel and muzzle brake. the ppl close to you will look at you annoyingly. it's very disruptive. lol. i sold if off to a friend to fund other goodies. i believe it's meant to be more of a CQB type weapon than long range shooting. the Socom II is the exact same rifle but with the quad rails that add more weight to it. you don't want to be carrying this around on long hikes.

i also have a 22" Loaded model that's dang heavy too. i swear these rifles are built like tanks. a better compromise would be the 18" Scout. it has a nice forward mount for a red dot and the overall feel for it is just perfect.

Cool video. Thanks for posting that, PIX. I would like to see how he did just with iron sights.

nutnfancy spoke of that M1 as a CQB weapon. I don't think it would make a good CQB weapon under any circumstances. It seems to me that weapon is made for mid-range, stationary fighting though I know that way back when, they did have to use them during the assault...but that was men were really manly.:)

On second thought...it would make for a great CQB weapon from outside the building shooting in to it through the walls. That'd work!:)

TurdF - Looks like the weight of the gun is a possible reason your uncle didn't get a tight group. But just one possibility. nutnfancy was using support. Offhand is the big test.

Whether or not I decide to buy one, I really hope I get a chance to shoot one.

Back